“Good French food in Bavaria”
Review of Le Faubourg

Le Faubourg
Ranked #873 of 3,836 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have stayed in Munich for a few months and somehow tired of the German food. Too much meet and salt for me! Anyway, I had a business dinner and this restaurant and enjoyed very much. Good appetizers (I had oysters) and very well presented and cooked mains. I ordered lamb chops and when I asked about medium rare please the waiter very nonchalantly said " of course, we are French, we do not torture meat here" Anyway, happy with the meal.

Service was very pleasant as well. I will certainly go back

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very nice little restaurant. Very personable feel. Delicious meal- goat cheese wrapped in ham, warmed, w/ salad. Sole as a main course.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

The food was very good, but unfortunately the service was bad, we were ignored and got things we didn't want and was expected to pay for. A pity.

2  Thank kika-75
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Being a French living in Munich, I enjoy going to Le Faubourg for nice dinner and good wines. The room is a bit small and usually packed, but the food is excellent, and the selection of wines is very interesting.
I have to admit that the prices are not low, but actually worth the quality of food we get in.

1  Thank NadAur
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We have used this restaurant on a few occasions and have always found the food to be very good.

(n:b highly seasoned meat, which is not too everyone's taste).

The latest meal here was good food again, but.....the service was poor and at the end of the meal the bill was somewhat of a joke. Aperol sprizz normally served with either white wine or prosseco had apparently been made with champagne, unbeknown to us, turning these normally 6/7€ drinks into 12€ a pop. This was an attempt to scam tourists which we are not, unimpressed and no longer going to use this restaurant.

Shame, but poor service and incorrect bills are inexcusable in a city with 1,500+ restaurants many of them excellent.

3  Thank JLouch28