“Start Oktoberfest Here!”

Cuisines: German
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Every year we travel to Oktoberfest and start here for lunch! The food is typically Bavarian and is plentiful!! In summer they have O'basta, an appetizer of mixed cheeses and onions! Great with pretzels and a tall glass of Augestiner beer! The prices are very reasonable for Munich and are dead cheap when compared to the Wiesen, where a Mass of beer will set you back 10 euro. Great people watching as well! As in all restaurants in Munich the bread/pretzel basket is not free. You are charged for each item you eat out of it. Zum wohl!

1  Thank Kishorn

Reviewed December 4, 2011

I go there every time I am in that part of the town. The restaurant is large, there is always place to sit, and quite often on Sunday morning it is populated by bunches of grannies... which clearly enjoy traditional food as it is supposed to taste!
I did not find in the menu anything that my troubled stomach refuses!

Reviewed August 28, 2011

I found this gem while visiting friends last year. The food is great and you get large portions for very affordable prices. You get the authentic experience of German "Gemuetlichkeit", which for me as a traveler is always important. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a real Bavarian experience! Reservations are accepted but not required.

Reviewed February 20, 2011

Excellent bavarian restaurant. I choose it because it was close to my hotel, but it turned out to be highly rated and indeed deserves it. I had Gulaschsuppe - Bauernschmaus als Zweites and Rostkartoffeln. With a Weissbier, I could not imagine a better dinner.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Munich
Reviewed January 22, 2008

Basic bavarian restaurant. Outside seating available in summertime.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook