“Snobby but good”
Review of Vinothek by Geisel

Vinothek by Geisel
Ranked #11 of 3,793 Restaurants in Munich
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Dieses Weinrestaurant und Weinbar im Herzen Munchens teilt mit seinen Gasten eine grosse Leidenschaft: die Begeisterung fur gutes Essen und ausgezeichnete Weine. Bis zu 20 Rebsorten im offenen Ausschank und rund 700 Flaschenweine aus aller Welt bieten eine Auswahl, bei der kein Wunsch unerfullt bleibt. Das gilt auch fur die Kulinarik: In Geisel's Vinothek weiss man mit hausgemachten Pasta, frisch geschnittenem San Daniele Schinken und den besten Gerichten aus der mediterran angehauchten, bayerischen Kuche zu uberzeugen. Gastgeber der Vinothek in Munchen Robert Zeller ist ubrigens dafur bekannt, unter den offenen Weinen stets eine Auswahl sehr hochkaratiger Tropfen bereit zu halten.
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Probably one of the better restaurants around but plan well ahead of when you want to eat there. It is rather small --so seating is limited.

There are newer reviews for Vinothek by Geisel

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Very nice restaurant, great food, delicious, good service, and as the name suggests, great wine selection.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I found myself in Munich for a night before my flight back to the US. Luckily, I found this great restaurant near the Munich HBH. Food was fresh, delicious and well prepared. I enjoyed cheese plate and and prosciutto before having the penne. Service was prompt, friendly and enjoyable. Just what I was hoping for. If you need a hotel as well, don't miss the hotel upstairs Excelsior.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant not knowing the area very well. Unfortunately all the tables were booked but the waiter suggested that we could sit and even eat in the lobby area of the hotel. They quickly transformed the a few of the lobby tables of the Excelsior Hotel in to a dining area. The staff are ever so friendly and speak excellent english. The food was beautiful and well cooked, full of flavour and coed to order. Would definitely return, but would recommend booking in advance! lovely welcoming decor, a real treat.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Picked this place based on the good reviews in trip advisor and the great pictures on the website from Geisel's . Neither the website pictures or the reviews lived up to my expectations. The restaurant is relatively small and hence only ONE corner table in the place for two which was on this night occupied. We were seated in the middle of the room at a table (similar to the Hofbrauhaus) which could seat up to 14 people. Intimate conversation was out of the question as I could hear word for word the conversation between the couple seated beside us :-(
Due to this "fast food" atmosphere we declined the 3 course menu. We opted just for a main course which was good even if I was suprised the roast beef consisted of cold cuts. We skipped desert as were eager to leave and enjoy a glass of wine in a nearby more relaxed atmosphere.
All in all this could be a fun place to go in a large group maybe as after work ..but I for one have NO desire to return and would not recommend it. Munich has got a lot better to offer!

3  Thank jwall2