“Fun, relaxed & cozy with great food, wine & beer”
Review of Gast

Gast
Ranked #2,003 of 3,878 Restaurants in Munich
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Novotel, ideal location for the centre & Gast...we eat here every evening...the pizzas are devine especially if you like a thin base..the calzones are great too...the pasta dishes are so fresh & tasty..my favourite being the cannelloni...also ate from the Asian counter too..if you like Thai food, definitely go here- the do a great curries..I would highly recommend this place..it's ideas for a casual evening or formal, it suits all...an added bonus is you get to watch your food being cooked..

Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is an unusual restaurant concept, at least for me coming from London. When you go in you are given a card, an then go to different counters to order the food you want - this is charged to your card and you pay at the end. There is a good range of pastas and pizzas, and of stir fries - all prepared fresh to order.

The overall feel of the place is very modern with, wooden benches and tables, which may be reserved - and often are when there is a concert on at the nearby Gasteig.

I've eaten there several times and the food is good quality - I especially like the pizzas. My only complains would be they do not appear to sell salads as side orders, we I certianly couldn't find one, and it is a bit noisy. But overall it's a great informal venue with some lovely food at a decent price and such a wide range of cuisine there is something for everybody.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We went here last Monday evening between 6-7pm which was a good move before we had to rush off to a new happening flick at Museum Lichtspiele (cinema near Deustches Museum)!

Over the years, I have been to Gast several times and even though it was busy (evening-wise that's the norm), the three of us got our drinks and pizzas rather quickly with enough time to digest and chat away. Of course, you the customer are the waitroid but that's the way it goes in this open kitchen. They cook and prep, you fetch and pay at the end with a card they give you.

Choices vary between pizzas, pastas, Asian rice/noodle meals and deserts, and all are tasty enough. Value-wise a large (30cm diameter) Pizza Rucola for example will set you back 7 Euros which is very good in Munich. Seating is mixed between high stools/high tables and a normal table/sit-down affair.

The only place I can compare this joint against is 'OCUI/Open Cuisine' - another Open Kitchen with the same model of doing things - on Oberanger near Marienplatz. That place I remember as being 'Good', may be a little more relaxed but I haven't been for a couple of years to give it a fair assessment. Anyone wanna sponsor me?

Reviewed January 23, 2013

What a fun and yummy restaurant. In the US we would not know how to categorize Gast. It's a hip and cool club, self serv restaurant, Italian bistro, neighborhood joint...all in one. My pasta bolognese was delicious, as was my friend's thin crust pizza. The wine selection was good, with by-the-glass prices in the 4-5 euro range...cheap by US standards. The music was loud and current. All in all a fun stop in Munich,

Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is my second dinning room. Not only because it's very close to where I live but the it's easy, fast, cheap, good and very nice atmosphere! Doesn't matter if you're coming from jogging, work, before going out or just want to have a quick dinner. I recommend the pizzas.