“Superb!!!”

Ranked #7 of 72 Dessert in Munich
Cuisines: German
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Dallmayr is truly one of the gourmet temples
most prestigious in the world! Very elegant and classy!
In the course of its 300-year history Dallmayr is able to raise the excellence of the food and wine, meats, cheeses, pastries around the planet at a price readily accessible! When I go to Monaco, I am glad to come by Dallmayr also grab a coffee or a tea! It 'a pleasure for the palate, eyes and also for the soul!
The almond or pistachio pastries FALANGA are the best in the world!

1  Thank LuigiF190

Reviewed October 28, 2013

we had the eight course menu 2.

not the best "yummiest" michelin experience. an interesting take on the local ingredients, but wasn't exactly wowed! service was great in the beginning, then started to drag towards the end as the dining room filled up more. we were tired and ready to leave before our courses finished.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This review is for the Michelin Starred restaurant, not the deli downstairs.

Made a reservation about a week in advance for a weeknight during Oktoberfest. I wanted to have at least 1 sophisticated meal before the debauchery began and I started living on Sausage and Pretzels. We had a late reservation so we had to ring the bell and were received by the staff.

Dallmayr delivered the exceptional dining experience I was looking for. I've been lucky enough to experience this level of dining a few times in my life. It doesn't come cheap and the service is simply overbearing with every detail of your dining experience being choreographed to perfection. We went with the 6 course tasting menu with wine pairing. It's not worth explaining what that entailed as the menu constantly changes. I will just say that every dish was well thought out and had unique elements that showed the height of micro-gastronomy.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

For lunch I guess we got the absent minded waiter. Service was very slow and he kept forgetting things. It is a tourist trap

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Even those of us who had visited the Dallmayr premises, which consists of a spectacular food hall/bakery/delicatessen/fish market and a great cafe and a wonderful oyster bar previously, did not realize that it also housed a world class restaurant. I knew there was a restaurant but didn't focus on it until searching the Michellin guide prior to our latest visit to Munich.

This led to a visit and one of the best meals we have ever eaten. Overall this restaurant rates way up there in our comparisons to high end meals in Paris, New York and elsewhere.

The premises themselves are formal. Service is flawless.

The menu consisted of two price fixed offerings but, you can choose between the two menus and you can order fewer courses than on the price fixed offerings. Portion sizes for the morsels are what one might expect but the "main course" item was actually quite a generous size. This is especially so since we had numerous amuse bouches. In fact, there were more extras than I have ever encountered in any restaurant. It is difficult to describe the highlights since everything was so good. I particularly liked the king prawn and a sole concoction with sea urchin and avacado Additionally, the deserts are spectacular.

Up to the time of eating here I would have said that molecular dishes with foams were trendy but often not worth the fanfare or, one taste was enough. Well, whatever chemistry chef Diethard Urbansky is toying with has converted me. A number of our all different choices might be considered molecular. Every bite had me wanting more.

As we had cocktails elsewhere prior to arriving at the restaurant we had a glass of champagne and a wine by the glass each. If there was on thing I would do differently I would have perused the cocktail and wine glass list before ordering the champagne.

Yes world class food is expensive but, except for the champagne prices, given the spectacular quality I feel the prices are justified.