“Much better than the name suggests!”
Review of Buffet Kull

Buffet Kull
Ranked #201 of 3,793 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The BUFFET KULL is situated in the prime location in the heart of Munich in the Marienstrasse, not far away from the Isartor. Decorated in a modern French bistro style, the restaurant stands for a metropolitan, communicative atmosphere. The cuisine is distinguished by upscale, contemporary, French-inspired dishes with international influences. With a casual chic ambience, the BUFFET KULL in the à-la-carte shop offers space for 80 persons for casual dinners, business meetings and birthdays.
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Excellent food, tried the veal which could have been more 'medium rare' but to be fair it was very tender still. My girlfriend had the halibut which was also delicious.

Service was excellent, atmosphere great, highly recommended.

Also don't be put off by the name which from a distance made me think it was going to be 'buffet' style, it's not, at all.

There are newer reviews for Buffet Kull

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Was in town for business and a colleague suggested Buffet Kull. What a great recommendation. The wine list is incredibly reasonable (we had a Sancerre and a Cote du Rhone for combined 100 Euros) and compared to dining out in San Franciso or any other major city, I thought the pricing of the food was reasonable. I don't say this lightly, but my pork dish was perfect. One of the few times I have ever had a perfect dish: rosemary potatoes accompanied a beautifully seasoned medium rare Iberico pork tenderloin over an onion reduction sauce. The kicker was an inventive bunch of haricot vert wrapped in prosciutto.

Desserts were equal to the task--melted chocolate cake was good, but the apple tart and Austrian inspired crepe were spectacular finishes to the meal.

Service was extremely friendly and professional.

Only knock is that it was full and therefore the dining room was quite warm--make sure you make a reservation.

Great bistro atmosphere, reasonably priced, outstanding food. I'll return whenever I'm in Munich.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Pricey, but worth it.
The service was fantastic, chairs vey comfortable, and ambience delightful.
I had tomatoes with date and olive confit, and my partner had oysters for entree. Then a magnificent risotto with chanterelles for main, and my partner had thick veal steak with chanterelles and potatioes cooked to perfection. For desserts marinated strawberries with cream. Along with wine, toal cost $85 euros. Fine meal, and worth evey cent.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

we walked in off the street and the restaurant was packed but we only waited for 20 minutes or so, had a glass of wine at the bar and they found us a table. It had a good bistro style atmosphere and and the service was good. We both enjoyed the food which was good quality and very tasty. The final cheque was at the high end but we knew it wouldn't be so it wasn't a shock. I haven't any experience in Munich to compare it with but I really enjoyed it and it compared with other restaurants of a similar cost so I can happily recommend it to others.

Reviewed December 18, 2011

I love visiting this place! Its in a great location, has a really busy feel to it and the food is very good basic bistro-food.
I nearly always eat the tuna tartar, the steak and kaiserschmarrn. Its all delicious!
The service is great and they have a good selection of open wines, including an delicious Malbec.
Definitely make a reservation, as its always full.

1  Thank trip-chick-munich