“Bistro hidden in plain sight”
Review of Boettner's - CLOSED

Boettner's
Cuisines: German
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Although Boettners serves great food, it is one of the expensive restaurants in Munich. However, they have a bistro right inside their establishment that also serves excellent food for a much reduced price. Just sit in the area to the right of the front door (without the white tablecloths) and order from their bistro menu. Delicious!

1  Thank Theatertraveller
There are newer reviews for Boettner's

Reviewed August 4, 2014

After cocktails at an American style Bar near by.... we walked by Boettner's ....and then turned around walked back as it seems to call out to us...so we decided to have dinner here. Once we stepped in the door we knew we made the right decision. Incredible meal and wonderful service. Highly recommended for a nice dinner out.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Signed up for the spring dreams menu ... All delicious, service great and ambience. Was a quiet evening midweek. Wine pairing with the meal worked well. Highly recommended - visit the website for current special menu.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Stepping into Boettner's in downtown Munich, is a lot like stepping back into one's fondest memories! I have NEVER had a bad meal or a bad experience in one of Munich's most famous restaurants. As usual, I was not disappointed!
The three course special at lunch was incredible! The simplicity of tastes, yet the delicacy of the entire meal, was really amazing! The flavors blended beautifully with each other, but my favorite thing here is the bread! I feel so silly writing this note, but that is the truth! Sometimes I have it again in place of the dessert. However, this time I was impressed with the soup, fresh lobster floating in a creamed base of rich cream and spices. The main course, a specialty of the house, was pike smoothed to an egg shaped mound floating in a little bit of paradise, another scrumptious sauce. The dessert of apple, with a holiday spirited glaze and iced cream, was brilliant.
When Herr Boettner joined us for a chat, I was impressed by his pleasant welcome to this old customer, as I have been going there for almost twenty five years. Love it and him! What a joyful experience!
Yes, I shall return! And soon.......................

2  Thank RhythmA5678
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We booked 2 weeks in advance for a business dinner with a preselected menu.
The main disappointment came from the fact that we had reservations at 8 pm, and we started eating at 9:15 pm, in the mean time waiters did not stop pouring wine which we really did not want, we wanted to have dinner. We ended up with 6 bottles of wine in the bill and we were 6 people.
Food was good.