“大満足 Marvellous”

Ranked #2 of 3,940 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: Diner, German, International
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: No freedom of choice - and that's a good thing. Manuel Reheis offers a wonderful menu every evening at the Broeding. As a gourmet all you have to do is to decide whether you want to go for the five or six course meal. Why not try out the vegetarian menu which is offered the first Wednesday of every month? There is a great selection of wine which comes manly from Austria and is offered from one of the three sommeliers. The dining area has simple white tables, a green tiled bar, wooden furniture, warm lighting and bottles used as decor. In the summer it is possible to dine outside at the leafy courtyard.
Reviewed August 22, 2014

ずっと行きたかったお店。長年の願いが叶いました!サービスも、お店の雰囲気も、お料理の味も量も、ワインの質も、全てにおいて最高です。ミュンヘンには住んでいませんが、このお店に行くためにミュンヘンに立ち寄りたいと思える程でした。またよろしくお願いします!
Everything was simply superb and perfect! Service, atmosphere, dishes and wines... I live in Frankfurt, but I would not mind visiting Munich even just to have a dinner at this fantastic restaurant :)

Reviewed August 22, 2014

I booked this because of the Tripadvisor ratings and was not disappointed. The restaurant is small and cozy, and the service was very friendly and informal. I like this as while I like good food, I hate pompous service. Excellent and innovatiive food - a lovely fresh beetroot starter, followed by cold melon soup, followed by delicious lamb cut in very fine slices with a piquant Nam Prik sauce, courgette flowers stuffed with fluffy polenta. And other lovely dishes. The dessert was a superb combination of flavors and textures - juicy fresh blueberries with a crispy caramel wafer and sour cream - sweet, salty, creamy and tangy. Excellent wine list for those who want to try German wine and very helpful advice from the sommelier - a good range of fine flinty and Rieslings, and a deliciously unusual dessert wine from Marius Wittur, the "quince-pope" of Germany. If you like dessert wine, this is a must try - it will give Doisy-Daene a run for your money! My family and i are still talking about this meal a month later.....

3  Thank P M C
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Overall: A+. This is not a flashy Michelin star restaurant, and that’s ok because we weren’t in the mood for one anyway. Instead we had solid, solid food (we loved every course which is unusual for us) in a downright nice setting. Those are the makings of a very memorable meal.

Food: A. We had the standard 6 course pre-fixe tasting menu which is changed frequently and based on seasonal ingredients.

Marinated veal tongue with braised chicory and salad. You generally expect tongue to be pretty rich, but this was nicely marinated, thinly sliced, and a fairly light early course, perhaps even lighter than a standard charcuterie. The greens were dressed nicely and enhanced the dish with a touch of bitterness.

Cappuccino from beetroot. Served in a small cappuccino cup with a horseradish foam, this was clever and well executed. The foam on the top ensured that you had the right proportion of horseradish to beet in every sip. Very nice.

Codfish with artichokes and red Mojo. The Mojo was a red pepper sauce. the codfish was cooked perfectly, warm, moist, nice seasoning and the artichokes were firm and nicely flavored. The mojo of course brought the sweetness to each mouthful.

Farmer chicken, pumpkin puree and chanterelles. The dark meat was prepared like fried chicken with the skin still on it and apparently fried. The white meat, always difficult to cook without drying, was moist and seasoned. The pumpkin puree had some sort of acid in it which I should have asked about, but combined with the chicken, chanterelles, and leaks, it was a great mouthful.

Cheese. This was a raw cow milk alpine cheese produced by Thomas Breckle. I had expected this to be like a Gruyere or Comte, but it was more like a cheddar. This was an exceptional piece of cheese.

Yogurt mousse with stewed plums and apricots. This was a very nice dessert with a little bit of thin chocolate on the top. A nice way to end the meal.

Wine: A+. The wine list is focused on Austrian, Swiss, and German wines, and sommelier Andreas Rohrich knows it inside and out. I know very little about Austrian wines, but certainly liked what he served us tonight. It was a great experience and gave us a tour de force.

Service: A+. Herr Rohrich and his team did a great job of being casual, yet precise.

2  Thank cwl421
Reviewed August 16, 2014

I always worry about a restaurant living up to its hype, but in the case of Broeding, there was absolutely no problem. The food speaks elegance, but the restaurant itself speaks casualness and warmth. From the unpretentious entryway (we thought we had taken the wrong door and gone into the service entrance) to the warm greeting from one of the friendly owners to the lovely outdoor patio to the garrulous and wonderfully informative sommelier (who served and lovingly described, with each of the six courses, a different Austrian wine from a variety of small vintners), this experience was one of the most pleasant we have had in decades of fine eating. Every dish was truly superb and lovingly prepared (the menu changes every night): one highlight was a cold tomato soup made with an amazing concentration of luscious Sicilian tomatoes (there must have been fifteen of them used per bowl)--all the tastes were concentrated and thoughtfully rendered. This is an extraordinary experience, worth the short taxi ride from downtown into a largely residential area: one of those rare times when your palate feels elevated and yet the whole experience is stress-free and quite down-to-earth.

1  Thank TravelingScholar60
broeding, Sommelier at Broeding, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Dear TravelingScholar60,

the "garrulous and wonderfully informative sommelier" is tongueless
and blushed because of your awfully lauding rating!

Thanks a lot and come back for a little chitchat

Andreas Röhrich
Sommelier

Reviewed August 16, 2014

This is a restaurant that seems to focus on the wine (I'm not a wine drinker) and on presenting one meal per day. While I get the concept (yes, whatever is fresh!), if certainly can be difficult to please a table of four with different palates. On this occasion, I was the one not pleased - there are certain ingredients of which I am not fond and it seems they were all featured that day. Yes, when doing a tasting menu or a prix fixe I often, 'take one for the team' but I dislike taking an entire meal for the team as I did on this outing. The only course that I can remember is the one I actually enjoyed which featured venison with a pureed potato offered in a zucchini blossom - it was delightful and I gobbled it up as the previous 4 courses I barely touched. The servers were great but I felt uncomfortable when they would take my plate, almost as if I had to explain that I didn't care for the ingredients.

The rest in our party enjoyed the meal very much so I was definitely the exception at our table. I just want to say that the decor is really nothing at all - almost spartan; I didn't feel special being at this restaurant

1  Thank TheScarlett

Dear TheScarlett,

first of all let me give thanks for evaluating our restaurant and your stay there.
It is deplorable that you visited us one evening with many ingredients in the menu you didn't like but it would not have been necessary to accept this as a matter of fact.

Nearly every evening we have guests with different intolerances or aversions as well as for example vegetarians or pregnant women.

If you had mentioned the things you dislike to our service when ordering the menu, our staff would have prepared something else for you.
We always have alternatives in our kitchen treasure chest for this cases....

Also we make it possible for non wine lovers to have some special non alcoholic drinks
or cocktails to escort the dinner when we get to know to this fact.

I really hope your evening at the Broeding nevertheless had been a good experience with
a warm atmosphere and inspiring conversations.

When you will visit us again - let us talk.
I am sure we will find a solution.

Best regards to Philadelphia