H'Otello H'09
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Occam(Munich)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I'd give this place 3.5 stars. I organized a stay for a group of approx 12 colleagues for 4 nights. The location was convenient to our office, and also offered the basics just outside the door. There were clothing shops, a small grocery store and a larger department store perfect for picking up converters, etc, just down the block. It was easy enough to find somewhere to eat dinner within just a few blocks of the hotel. Also very convenient for taking the train, both to the airport (although a change is required) or to other parts of the city. It was a reasonable walk to Marionplatz as well.

The room itself was standard for a German hotel - minimal blankets and pillows, sparse furniture and not a lot of space, but it was clean and had everything I needed. The price was right as well. There was a mini fridge (mini-bar) but you could put your own stuff in there too. The bathroom was clean and spacious enough.

The breakfast was excellent - plenty of options including fruit, yogurt, meats, cheeses, oatmeal, breads, croissants and I'm sure more that I'm forgetting. They bring you tea or a variety of coffees.

The problems - when I arrived in the room, there were no towels whatsoever. After traveling all the way from SF, then taking the train to the hotel, I was ready to clean up a bit or at least wash my hands. I phoned downstairs and let the woman know I didn't have towels. She seemed annoyed (not at me, but at the cleaning person) and said she'd bring some up. It appeared that she was the only one working and it took about 20 minutes for her to bring them up to me.

The other big issue, as many others have listed, is the internet. While I dealt with it okay being plugged into a cable, most of my colleagues had multiple problems. Some couldn't connect at all, and while others could, they were preparing group presentations and the fact that only one computer could be plugged into the internet at a time was a big issue. This seems like a hotel geared toward business travellers, but if that's the case, they really need to get wifi going, ideally throughout the hotel but at least in the rooms (we stayed in Oct, so perhaps this has been changed by now).

One more problem was the staff -- some were really friendly, but there was one woman in particular who was just awful. When walking downstairs or into the hotel, the lobby is extremely small and the polite this to do is to say 'hello'. I would every time I'd enter the area and she'd just scowl. I was coordinating for a group and at one point asked her if she could call 2 taxis for us and she was completely bothered by it. Perhaps she was having a bad day, but it was completely inappropriate how she handled the situation. I was more than polite and she was the extreme opposite. I had an early flight the next morning and the time was changing that day so I wanted to get a wake up call -- there was no way I was going to trust her with it so I actually had a colleague call me to make sure I was awake.

I think if they can get the internet situation sorted, this would be a much better choice. I did have plenty of good interactions with the front desk staff but that one woman was awful so hopefully it was just a bad day (not an excuse, but still).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
HOtello M, Leiter Front Office at H'Otello H'09, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Tripadvisor User,

first of all thank you for your recent stay with us and for providing us with such detailed feedback about matters you were dissatisfied with and which we sincerely regret.

Guest satisfaction is of utmost importance to us, which is why we will use your feedback to personally investigate the reasons for that unfortunate chain of events, which is not our usual high standard.

We are very glad to hear that you appreciated our central location with the rooms and that you and the guest from your group felt comfortable.It is great to hear you enjoyed our breakfast. A good breakfast experience is very important as key for the start into the day.

On the other hand we deeply regret to hear that you were disappointed with some services and we could not meet your expectations. We are very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our staff services at the reception as well. Please accept our sincere apologies if you felt uncomfortable with our staff service, which has been internally discussed and will consequently lead to continuous training to avoid such incidents.

We would have wished for the opportunity to turn your experience around during your stay, yet hope that this inconvenience does not mar your overall impression of H'Otello. Despite your somewhat negative experience, we are very glad to see that you were satisfied with the overall service provided.

Nevertheless we are looking very forward welcoming you back to one of the H'Otello in the future to change your overall impression by ensuring you to have a most enjoyable stay throughout.

May we express my hope that despite the inconveniences encountered you will give us another chance upon a further visit to Munich to demonstrate that this experience is not our usual level of services.

kind regards

Cluster Front Office Manager

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Great location in one of the nicest areas of Munich so cannot fault that. The rooms are simple, clean and the bathrooms are very nice but do not expect luxury as not that sort of hotel. Didn't try breakfast so no idea on quality of food.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank ManuelLove
HOtello M, Manager at H'Otello H'09, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for taking the time to write us your comments about your stay in our H´Otello H´09.

We gladly appreciate your positive opinion. Your feedback helps us to maintain our high standard of service and provide services that satisfy your needs.

H´Otello H´09 is a refreshing alternative to the standard hotel. Urban sophistication reigns supreme here. Our design is elegant in its simplicity as well as comfortable and accessible.
Join us next time in tasting the H´Otello H´09 healthy breakfast and get an energetic start to the day ahead! Our Service team is excited to share in the new breakfast experience and hope you will enjoy!

Dear Guest, we are very looking forward to greet you as our guests some time soon again in one of our H´Otello of your choose.

kind regards

Front Office Manager

Reviewed January 2, 2013

The good: The hotel is comfortable, and the breakfast is above average.

The bad: Internet access is free, but it is not wireless. They need to tell people that upfront.

The weird: You need to provide your own ethernet cable (or buy one down the street). Also, you'll still need a password to get online. The reception desk won't give you one over the phone. You need to truck downstairs to beg for one.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HOtello M, Leiter Front Office at H'Otello H'09, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor user

Thank you for your comment on tripadvisor and the given feedback.

We apologize for any inconvenience that you may experience with the Internet. We're making all the necessary preparations to offer in our H´Otello H´09 in the near future a Wi-Fi Internet Service. In the meantime, we offer in H´Otello H´09 an Complimentary Internet LAN connection, providing for a stable and secure browsing. All the rooms are equipped with a LAN cable Replacement cables are available at any time. Our front office staff are at your service and answer your questions and needs by telephone at any time
Our sister Hotel H´Otello B´01, located in the historical City of Munich, offer a free Wi-Fi Internet access. The H´Otello B´01 could be a alternative when you visit Munich in the next future
Dear Trip Advisor user, thank you again for these lines and the time that it took you to publish them here on this website. We would be pleased to welcome you again in one of our H`Otello hotels.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed here for five nights, very comfortable, excellent creative breakfast. Only disadvantage is that there is no wireless Internet in rooms which is inconvenient for business travelers. I would not stay here again for that reason. Staff very friendly and speak perfect english.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HOtello M, Manager at H'Otello H'09, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Tipadvisor user,
I am glad to hear that you had a good time at our hotel.
The H´Otello business hotel offers every guest a beautiful and functional room
with king size beds, a modern bath and LAN. Till the end of this year we will
also offer wifi for all guests to make it convenient for business travelers.

I hope this solution will be a reason to be a habitué for the future.
We are looking forward to welcome you next time at H´Otello.

Niels Fink
Residence Manager

Reviewed November 8, 2012

This was second time I have stayed here. Other reviews have largely summed up.
Positives are - nice clean hotel in neighbourhood just off one of main streets. Easy walk to some of the biggest city offices (Munich Re / Allianz). Decent breakfast in my view. Relatively quiet. Staff quite efficient. Decent price (for sure compared to London), although think we get good corporate rate.
Downsides; odd use of single duvet on double bed, airconditioning of relatively little effect. On this occasion I also had failure of lights in my room, but to be fair they happily moved me to another vacant room.
So overall, is it a 3-star or 4-star review? Not sure, but if it helps, I would stay there again for the positives listed above.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HOtello M, Manager at H'Otello H'09, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Dear Tipadvisor user,
I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel.
It is located in one of the most beautiful and popular district of Munich. Here you can relax after a hard day at work. Our fresh prepared breakfast buffet offers to you a good start for the day. The H´Otello business hotel offers every guest a beautiful and functional room with king size beds and a modern bath. In any case of problems with light or similar we always try to handle and find a quick solution. I´m very glad to hear we found also a good solution for you.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you next time at H´Otello.

Niels Fink