“Noisy Fan (& the tricks to turn it off)”
Review of H'Otello H'09

H'Otello H'09
Ranked #210 of 383 Hotels in Munich
Antwerp, Belgium
“Noisy Fan (& the tricks to turn it off)”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night on a business trip. At breakfast, my 2 colleagues and I complained about the lack of sleep and the noisy fan in the room. We all had the same experience. It was a cool rainy day in June and there was no need for a fan

After 1 hour or so of tossing and turning, I found the fuse box to turn it off ( it is in the cupboard for your clothes) One of my colleagues was less lucky .
In the morning one of the receptionists told us a trick to turn it off - but this is by no means evident and I presume most guest will not find it themselves .

This is a pity, because the hotel is in a nice neighbourhood - and some of the H'Otello group features are pleasant - modern design , pleasant breakfast , high speed cable in the room

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
HOtello M, Leiter Gästebetreuung at H'Otello H'09, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor User,

thank you very much for letting us know your critics. I am sorry that you couldn´t sleep perfectly well at night and we will immediately take initiative to improve the technical descriptions. This is why every single feedback is important to us, that we can use your comments and suggestions to improve our service in our rooms in order to complete full satisfaction to our guests. I will also pass on your positive notes regarding the hotel to our staff.
We appreciate your commitment and want to thank you for your time to put these lines down.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards

Peter Feldchen
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Kelsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

One of the nicer hotels I stayed at in Munich. Really clean and well presented this hotel has a really modern look and feel. It's in a good location and there is a nice bar and restaurant just a couple of doors down. You are also 2 stops on the U Bahn from the town centre (€1.20).
The room: Although nicely decorated the rooms aren't massive. If there are 2 of you this is probably going to be a bit small for more than a couple of days. It has a safe, mini bar and small tv. There are just 2 English channels CNN and BBC World. You can request a cable for the Internet but there is no wifi. There is no iron in the room, if you want one you need to book it with reception.
Breakfast: the breakfast room is too small at busy times you may have to share a table with other guests, it's ok if you are there on business but if you're with family it might be uncomfortable. It feels a bit of a squeeze. There is a good continental breakfast available, pastries, fruit, meat, breads and cereals. The restaurant and the front desk were both understaffed in the morning but the ones there were polite and helpful. As a business visitor I would stay here again because it was clean and generally very nice.

• Stayed April 2012
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 17, 2012

The hotel is clean, looks quite new with spacious rooms and in an excellent location. The downside for business travelers is the lack of wifi. If you have a laptop then you can hook up to the high speed cable internet. Those on mobile devices or tablets will have to go to the nearby starbucks for a wifi connection.

The room is rather basic and lacks certain amenities. The mini-bar has the usual high european prices. Breakfast is good quality but the breakfast room is rather small so I would advise going there early in order to get a table.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back of the hotel as thats the quiet part.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I stayed here last week and had previously checked on TripAdvisor the recent comments, and i wanted to add some more.
The Wifi does work, if you have a laptop, but most travellers, like me have an Iphone or an Ipad so be prepared, if you do have a Ipad then go to the local coffee shop and use their Wifi.
The hotel is basic (one towel, no toothbrush etc), but there it is clean.
In summary, clean, neat, missing basics, good breakfast to start your day ahead.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Singapore
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I was on a business trip to Munich and I find this hotel to be very near by my office. The location is great with easy access to the subway at both Gieselastrasse and Münchener Freiheit. There are loads of nice restaurants around the hotel. The rooms are well done and I had a room facing the courtyard. The receptionst was a male and was helpful to my needs.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 18, 2011

When I booked the Hotello in Schwabing I thought I was booking a boutique hotel, but it turned out to be a business hotel and a bad one at that. True, the location is great with easy access to the subway at both Gieselastrasse and Münchener Freiheit. The surrounding neighborhood has a lot to offer and I think with some retraining this hotel could be great.
However, if you have a problem, or if something is not quite right, the staff is not interested in helping you resolve the issue.
I happened to have numerous problems at the hotel and was hard pressed to find anyone who would help me during the entire 4 night stay. One front desk person remarked "What do you want me to do about it?" I was simply aghast at the lack of simple courtesy by some staf members and the general attitude of "nein!". You have to fight to get the basic service level there and that was quite disappointing. Again, if you have a problem, their first answer is no, not let me see what I can do. They go out of their way to avoid helping. The wifi was not working and was simply told "We have to wait for the technician to come tomorrow". Fours days later... the same answer. I had a mechanical problem with my shower. "We have to wait unti tomorrow for the technician..." It seemed like they just didn't want to help, even if it meant water all over their bathroom and possible leaks into the floor below.
Again, I had four nights there and met only one friendly staff member but despite numerous problems with my rooms was not approached in any way to compensate for it.
I wish it was different since the location is so nice but I wont be staying there again when I head to Munich.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank veffekt

Travelers are raving about these Munich hotels

Reviewed December 11, 2011

I have stayed in many hotels in many countries and have never ever experienced a receptionist who was ( her name is mrs. Kamel) rude to the client, far away from problem solving, arrogant. All the positives feelings about the hotel such as its location, clean rooms...etc have left its place to a nervousbreakdown. I am definitely not going to stay there in my 2 weeks time visit to munich.

• Stayed November 2011