“Great location, very comfortable and moderately priced”

Design Hotel Stadt Rosenheim
Ranked #11 of 382 Hotels in Munich
Adelaide, Australia
“Great location, very comfortable and moderately priced”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

Having arrived in Munich Airport we were able to catch the U Bahn train direct to the Ostbahnhof near central Munich. This hotel was only a few meters from the exit of the U Bahn.
The staff spoke excellent English and were warm, helpful and welcoming. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and interestingly decorated in colourful designs(hence the name). We had a very quiet room overlooking a central courtyard which allowed us to have the windows open to help cool the room on a fairly warm day. It was well worth paying the extra for the very substantial breakfast. A good bonus for the hotel was its close proximity to the Old City(within easy walking distance) and some good restaurants close by.We will certainly be happy to choose this hotel on our next visit to Munich

Room Tip: over looking a central courtyard which made it very quiet and could open windows
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

The staff are very nice and helpful. We would often rely on them for hints and tips about Munich.

The wireless internet is pretty bad but as it's a pretty new system im sure it will get better. Rooms could also be improved with the addition of a fridge and aircon.

The rooms are large, new, interesting and clean. Great location. Right next to train station and 7 min train ride to city centre
Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed July 2012
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

A friend of mine booked it for me. It was my first trip to Germany and Europe. When I exit the Ostbahnhof station, it took me awhile to locate the hotel. Check in was smooth, I kind of like the small reception area. Was given a room of level 4.

Room was smaller than what I expected, but I would say it still gives me a cosy feeling inside. A decent wardrobe, bed, desk and television. I was a bit disappointed with the selections of programmes as I can only locate 1 english channel. Sparkling water was provided, but I would prefer a water boiler as I do not really like sparkling water. Requested for an iron and it was delivered to me promptly. Bathroom was small too, but I am fine with it as I don't stay for a long period of time in it. Room was without air conditioning, it is alright as the weather there was quite cooling. Even though my room was facing the road, it's not noisy at all. Food was available easily at the underground train station.

Staffs were friendly, speaks good english and able to help me with most questions I posted to them. Generally it is a good hotel with a convenient location. 3 stops away from the city centre, about 15 mins to the exhibition centre, 25 mins away from the airport. I might choose this hotel again if I were to be there for business.

Paid 129 Euros per night, another 9 Euros for breakfast. I only had breakfast for the first morning, I would prefer to get a sandwich at the train station.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank kasuji
Istanbul
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

This was a clean, comfortable, well-run hotel that seemed like pretty good value. The internet was free and worked well in the rooms, except one night (out of three nights) when it was quite slow. I personally didn't like the "design" (the wallpaper, etc.) but that is not important to me. Even though our window faced a road near the train station, we didn't hear any noise (though Munich seems quiet at night in general). The mattress quality seemed good--not too soft or too hard. The person I was traveling with has allergy issues and remarked that there were none while sleeping there. I think the bedding was anti-allergy or something.

We did have to take taxis to the main part of the city, so that was a drawback. But overall the lack of hassles made up for it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Herzliya, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

Above ostbahnhof station, near the car rental return station and 700 meters from the best spare ribs restaurant rusticana . clean rooms , nice staff , free WI-FI.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Canberra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

Easy to get to from Westbahnhoff (take Underground to Ostbahnhoff). Hotel is directly opposite and easy access to Marienplatz by Underground, bus or tram. Tram 19 (to Pasing) to Marienplatz gives a nice view on the way in.

Hotel is nice and clean, beds are comfortable and showers good. Hotel has funky design - ours had a space theme and is well sound-proofed, considering we were opposite Ostbahnhoff.

Polite and helpful staff and good wifi service in rooms.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ralee21
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

Although I probably paid an inflated price during Oktoberfest I thought this was a really good value for money hotel. I was very pleasantly surprised by almost everything about it. The decor was very stylish and comfy, my room (409) was large and spacious, it was absolutely spotless, with crisp linen and bright and airy. The location was great - a quiet area despite being opp. the station, residential but stylish with some nice cafes and restaurants nearby. The #19 tram ran right outside the hotel and took less than 10 mins into the centre along Maximilanstrasse. The reception staff were friendly as was the housekeeper Janine. It was quiet when the windows were closed. The main negative is the lack of aircon or fan. While I was there it was mid 20s and the room was quite warm. I'd hate to be there in the height of summer.

Room Tip: My room 409 was a corner one, and quiet spacious with a separate entrance hall.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo