$2,352
$463
$282
$258
  • Restaurant
Novotel Munich Airport(Munich)(Great Value!)
$204
Novotel
$404
$320
Priceline
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Munich - Westpark(Munich)(Great Value!)
$522
$1,046
$976
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We stayed at this gasthof due to recommendations from friends. It is ca. 30 minutes train ride (if I remember correctly) from the airport. Very orderly and easy to navigate. It is typical Bavarian style hotel with lots of charms and traditional atmosphere. The outside eating area is wonderfully atmospheric and serves genuine simple but lovely food. Our room was of a very good standard and clean. The only complaint we'd have is no air conditioning. (Having said that, we happended to stay at an exceptionally hot time in August...)

This was a great base for us to visit both Munich and also the surrounding area. We visited Dachau too which was also easily reached with rail connections. I'd recommend this accommodation without hesitations.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank KatriinaUk
Deutsche-Eiche, Manager at Landgasthof Deutsche Eiche, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Thank you very much for your review. We are happy that you had a nice stay and really hope to welcome you again!

Reviewed March 2, 2012

The first time I was there I thought I found a gem. Super price, super restaurant, friendly people, nice room, Bavaria feeling and if you need to be in Munich after rush hour, the location is fine too. I was going to Munich about once a month on business and I made this my regular hotel, booking 2 rooms and dinners. After the third visit I guess I became too familiar because the happy hospitality started wearing off. Instead of "Nice to see you again, Thanks for coming back or We appreciated your business" it was a feeling like having you in their pocket. a regular, a lot less smiles and not appreciating your patronage. In those 5 stays, my Assistants always stayed in the rooms next to the Butcher shop and not in the main house which also proves my point after repeated stays. Sadly I've moved on to other hotels, they've lost a good returning customer and 3 stars instead of 5.

Room Tip: Stay once and remember the good times.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Finnley

Thank you very much for your comment, it helps us to steadily improve our service. We are very sorry we disappointed you on severl stays. If you didn't feel welcome and appraised this is inexcusable. We are always trying to fulfil the needs of our guests and hospitality and friendliness are very important to us. Of course we would be happy if you would visist us again and give us a chance to make our mistake up to you. Otherwise we really want to apologize and thank you for calling our attention to this fact.

Reviewed November 14, 2010

I chose this gasthof because of the pictures, I admit it. My husband and I wanted a few days together before we visited my family and friends in southern Germany and I did not want to stay in a modern hotel (Ugh). The restaurant was so cozy, clean, and exactly what I wanted-away from home but as if in someone's home. The staff also wore traditional Bavarian clothing. We ate breakfast in the restaurant every morning-the buffet was LAVISH and everything was homemade. We drove straight to the gasthof from the airport and sat down to a wonderful hefeweizen and hot soup and wurst with the best Bretzeln! They accommodated us by letting us in our room early which overlooked the parking lot and main house but we didn't care because we were gone most of the day. I was surprised to find a second bed a small kitchen and dining area in our room so it was bigger than I expected. I recognized the owners from their pictures on the website and was happy to see them showing their faces in the restaurant. We had dinner there several nights and had to bring my mother back for dinner after she arrived even though we were staying somewhere else. Try the duck with red cabbage and knoedel. The cost was worth it because it included breakfast but we did have to pay more because the Messe was also going on at the same time regardless that we weren't taking part in it so that was the only drawback but Oktoberfest was the next week and prices would have been much worse. That is the only negative. Heck yeah, we are staying there again! Viel Spass!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Heimreise
Deutsche-Eiche, Manager at Landgasthof Deutsche Eiche, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

Thank you very much! We are very happy, that you had a nice stay with us and hope to see you again sometime!

Reviewed September 21, 2010

What a great find. We were welcomed early in the day after flying from Paris. Rooms are quaint, clean and very quiet. Very helpful staff, showing us how to get on the S Ban ( less than a block away) to the city center. Food was great, try the strudel. In a little village with only a bakery, meat store and fruit stand, but easy to get in and out of the area with limited traffic. Called for reservations for BMW and Bavarian castles for the next day, very attentive. great breakfast. Dont hesitate, stay there...eliminate the traffic in the city.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank grandcarib

Thank you very much! It was very nice to have you with us! We hope that sometime you will return to visit us!

Reviewed July 16, 2010

My sister and I stayed at this lovely guest house in September 2009. Our room in the turret was comfortable and cozy with plenty of room and nicely decorated. The location outside the city center was quiet but near the train station, and a short and relaxing ride took us into Munich center with a convenient stop below the Marienplatz. Neither of us had been to Munich before and we were able to find our way around very easily. The guest house owners and staff were friendly and helpful, and the restaurant food was very good. There was a private parking area on the property. Wish we could have stayed longer but will definitely visit again on another trip.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan929

Thank you very much! We shared your praise with all our team, and we're always happy, to hear our guests had a nice stay. We hope to welcome you again sometime in our inn!