“Clean, Comfortable..and Quirky!”

Hotel Cocoon Sendlinger Tor
Ranked #125 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The Cocoon Hotel is fashionably quirky, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. A few minutes walk from UBahn stations Sendlinger Tor or Goetheplatz, this hotel has friendly staff, and is a clean and modern hotel. SOME may be put off by the shower cubile in the middle of the bedroom and the small toilet, but to me it just added to the charm of the place. l would certainly stay here again :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank teebee1984
Hotel C, Manager at Hotel Cocoon Sendlinger Tor, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear teebee1984,

thank you very much for your great review.
We are really looking forward to customers like you, who love the Cocoon style with its innovative ideas (raindance shower, glas cubile in the middle of the bedroom).

We would love to see you again.
Your Hotel Cocoon Team in Munich

There are newer reviews for Hotel Cocoon Sendlinger Tor

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed for one night at this hotel. The location is very good (15 minutes walk to central station or downtown Munich). The Hotel is very stylish and is not in a typical German style.
The staff was very friendly and helpful and the price for one night was very competitive.
The room was very nice, but the lavatory is very small.

For one or two night a very good hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear AufDerFlucht,

thank you very much for your great review.
It is a pleasure to hear, that you like our individual Cocoon style
and were absolutely satisfied with the hotel staff.

Your Hotel Cocoon Sendlinger Tor Team Munich

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Centrally located between the Seldlingertor and Goetheplatz stations on the U-bahn, this hotel was comfortable with average size rooms and good mattress. Free wi-fi in rooms. I did not feel breakfast was worth 9 euro per person and there were several pastry shops nearby and McDonald's at Goetheplatz(300 meters). There were many restaurants nearby. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back were quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kagatlin

Dear kagatlin,

thank you very much for your review.
It is great to hear that you are satisfied with our mattress and the free wi-fi.

I hope you had a nice stay at the pastry shops.

Your Hotel Cocoon Stachus Team Munich

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Hotel cocoon offers a unique atmosphere. Thw location was a 5 minte walk drom the underground and easy to find. The beds were quite comfortableand the rooms were quiet. Free wifi was available. Would stay again for the overall value.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Brian J

Dear Brian J.,

We hope you had a safe journey back home.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

It is a great that you felt completely comfortable at our hotel.

Your Hotel Cocoon Sendlinger Team Munich

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here for only a night of a business trip. The interior is very retro-futuristic (think of colorful 60s future someone from Don Draper's crew would come up with) and "stylish". But the room was nice, the bathroom small but clean and equipped with everything needed. They also had free wi-fi so I was able to get some work done as well. The breakfast was good to. The usual buffet selection but with quite tasty coffee and orange juice.
The location is perfect, so you can easily walk into the center and to the train station.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank qwerty567
Hotel C, Manager at Hotel Cocoon Sendlinger Tor, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear qwerty567,

thank you for your positive comment, I am looking forward to welcoming you again at the Cocoon Family.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed at the Cocoon Sendlinger Tor for one night of a business trip. It was a recommendation from a colleague who stayed there before and liked the place. It is located a five minute walk from the subway station, so easy to reach.

The hotel is decorated unconventionally, giving it a fresh and young vibe (the IKEA cushions in the lobby adding to) - definitely not catering for the older crowd. I had to wait a bit for check out, as the girl at the check in desk was talking on the phone and no one else was there - once she finished the call, she was very friendly though. I asked for an iron which got brought up to me room immediately.

The room was nice and cozy, making the best use of the limited space. The sink, toilet and shower were placed in a row, separated by a moving door, that would alternatively close either the shower or the toilet - as the space in the toilet compartment is very limited, closing the door to that might be tricky, so maybe not the best room for more than one person.

The breakfast buffet was nice to look at, but with only a limited choice of international breakfast options (no bacon, strange sausages). The flies circling the breakfast room, especially as it was winter and cold outside didn't convince me of the cleanliness of the kitchen area.

All in all a nice hotel if you're under 40 and want something different.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kmilitzer

Dear kmilitzer,

thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay. We are putting great emphasis on service and friendly staff so it is definately a pleasure to read that you felt good taken care of.

The Cocoon concept is exactly what you experienced, to make our guests fell nice & cosy and to make the best out of the limited space. We are especially proud of our solution for the toilet and shower.

We offer different warm meals on our breakfast buffet changing from day to day. I´m sorry to hear that you missed the bacon. I can absolutely assure you that we have very high hygiene standards concerning our kitchen area and we would be more than proud to convience you of that during a next stay.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I travel to Munich for work about twice a year and last December, they put me in this hotel. It definitely lives up to its "funky" reputation - the decor is cute (although I really didn't appreciate the hipster cow decal on my shower that stared at me all night long) and I definitely have to give them props on fitting a TON of stuff into a very tiny room (I live in NYC, so I can appreciate efficiency in design). The service, however, was terrible. I didn't have towels in my room, and the girl didn't want to believe me, so instead of bringing me towels, she walked up 45 minutes AFTER I called to request them just to prove me wrong and was very disappointed to see that, in fact, there were no towels and she couldn't call me a name in German that I wouldn't understand. About 15 minutes later, I received towels. This experience was common - for whenever I asked for anything, no matter how basic, I felt like I was just RUINING the day of that staff member. When trying to get a front counter attendant, we were told by the other uniformed staffer that "he doesn't work in that section" and therefore couldn't help us. I had a German friend with me who could luckily ask in German because despite how the hotel advertises itself, the staff does NOT speak English very well at all. I would not expect them to speak English except that they clearly communicated everyone was fluent when our company asked. I'm happy to crack out that phrase book - but all the other hotels I've stayed at in Munich (G Hotel, Hotel Bavaria) didn't set up my expectations improperly. Overall, I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business