“Simply the Best!...”

Ranked #41 of 3,791 Restaurants in Munich
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2014

... a perfect dough, the best quality Italian ingredients, baked in a wood fired oven ... totally scrumptious. It is an absolute treat to have Mimmo's pizzas, whichever one is chosen (one of my favorites is with prosciutto, parmesan and rocket/rucola).

It is also a delight watching Mimmo making a pizza base, throwing the dough into the air and catching it while singing a familiar Italian tune.

Mimmo E Co(rina), the couple that runs the place with love and dedication, real Italian flair and friendliness, make you feel welcome and at home.

This cosy restaurant, that has an outdoor area in addition to it, is located close to the Old Town (1.2 km southwest from Sendlinger tor), or just 1 metro stop away (Goetheplatz station).

1  Thank Angora_61
There are newer reviews for Mimmo E Co

Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

Best Pizza and Pasta in town.Really worth it. The Restaurant is really cosy and nice environment. Desserts especially panna cotta was awsome.

Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

I believe it's the best pizza that you can eat in Munich (I'm from Napoli). You can watch the owner, Mimmo how to make a real pizza in the furnace. They have a lot of traditional Italian food, the atmosphere is really nice. Mimmo and his wife will let you to feel really comfortable with their sympathy and hospitality in this corner of a Italy.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Another search on TripAdvisor and we found this Italian restaurant close to the city center. When my family and I arrived, we confirmed our reservation, and one of the staff led us to the table. The menu consisted of what a typical Italian menu looked like: it had appetizers, the first plate and second plate, having a whole page full of pizza, and fancy Italian desserts.To start off the meal, we had the caprese salad and the antipasti. The antipasti had many varieties from cured meat to champignons and grilled vegetables. The caprese salad was served perfectly, but there was little olive oil, so usually the waitress will hand you a jar of oil. For our main courses, I had the pesto penne with shrimp. Mom had the special fish today which was the rotbarsch fillet with truffle sauce. Dad had a steak with a mushroom sauce, and my brother had a pizza with ham, olives, champignons, and pepper. For the pasta, the sauce was on the bottom, so you have to mix the sauce with the pasta so the pasta gets the pesto sauce. The sauce was perfect, not too salty, not too creamy, or too thick. The shrimp was very tender, although small. For the steak, the sauce was a wonderful addition, and the steak was excellent although a bit overdone. The pizza was excellent, the crust was crispy, and the ham, olives, and the champignons were baked to perfection. The peppers were removed because my brother didn't like spicy things. Finally for the fish fillet, the fish was very tender, and the sauce was a wonderful addition. For dessert, we had the panna cotta to share. The panna cotta was very excellent, and the cream seemed like jello, which was good. Overall, this restaurant was very excellent, and if you are in Munich, I recommend this restaurant for all of you guys to try!!

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We came here for dinner after walking around town all day, the choice was based on a TripAdvisor recommendation. It did not disappoint. The pizzas are delicious with a lot to choose from and very generous portions. One of the best pizzas I ever had. We ordered a starter to share, a pizza each & a salad to share. It was more than enough, and I only wished I had room for dessert.

In addition the service was great as was the atmosphere. The chef was very friendly as was the waiting staff. I definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants a break from the rather meat & potato based German diet while in Munich.

1  Thank Ewelina S