The Charles Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
1,679 results
All reviewsrocco fortebeautiful hotelheated floorsconcierge staffstar hoteltrain stationrooms are largeperfect staydeluxe roomminute walkbreakfast buffethotel restaurantold citybeer gardenvisiting munichmain stationspa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I recently return to the Charles in Munich and got a good deal because of a German holiday. I really like their cool, understated design and their fantastic staff. Their breakfast buffet offers everything you like and I had a great lunch there (they offer a choice of meals plus a anti-pasti buffet for lunch).I enjoyed their SPA with excellent treatments and a very nice pool. I will certainly return to the Charles, my favourite hotel in Munich, as long as they provide affordable rates (which is unfortunately often not the case)

Room Tip: If you choose a room facing the inner courtyard, you can open the window without hearing any noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Swisscheck
Direktionsbuero, Manager at The Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Above all we would like to thank you for your kind feedback and the time you took to share your impressions on tripadvisor.com. It was a pleasure to welcome you back!

We are very delighted to hear that all of our services were to your entire satisfaction. Our philosophy is “the art of simple luxury”. Therefore The Charles Hotel offers not only these spacious and modern rooms but also this luxurious and fine selection of food at the breakfast buffet and in the Mediterranean Restaurant DAVVERO with Chef, Giovanni Russo.

It is great to hear that you spend also a good time in our 800 m2 The Charles Spa – with one of the biggest hotel indoor pools in Munich - and that you enjoyed some excellent treatments as well.

From time to time, we offer very attractive packages - please have a look at our homepage. It would be a pleasure to welcome you at The Charles Hotel in Munich soon again.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I spent almost 7 days in the Charles Hotel Munich with my all Family. So, you belive or not - it is up to you - I really enjoyed. I enjoyed cause my Family - especially my kids - 8 and 3 years - they loved to be there - the staff was wonderfull - the spa area - the swimming pool excellent for kids. What a nice atmosphere when the staff are meeting and inviting you to have breakfast. Dinner - we had 4 times Dinner there - and the Kids enjoyed - choose for them not from Kid's menu - try from General menu - and explain to the staff what your kids want - they do by your wish !!!
What a Cheesburger they have and hot chockolates !!! Ask Klaus from the Bar - he will prepare on a very high level !!!
If you have a question what to do in Munich or some other wishes you have - do not go to Google search - ask Concierge - if you have a chance to speak with Head Concierge Heidi Velz - you feel that you know her for a long time !!!
thank you very much. And please do not check my grammar in English - may be I made a mistake... but anyway - I wanted to express my feelings after my stay and I did it and THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY THE CHARLES MUNICH !!!

Room Tip: rooms on the all level are quite well equiped and causy. if you feel that it is a bit cold, call to receptionist, they will make adjustment
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your great feedback and the time you took to share your impressions on tripadvisor.com.

Your review makes us very proud and of course we shared your warm words immediately with the entire team – especially Klaus and Heidi are more than delighted.
It was a pleasure for us to welcome you and your family at The Charles Hotel and we are very pleased that we already had the chance to get in contact with you personally.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family at The Charles Hotel in Munich soon again. If there is anything to make your next stay even more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to contact us personally at anytime (mun-executive@roccofortehotels.com).

Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

I really wanted to like this hotel but unfortunately the service felt really short. When I was greeted for check in, somehow the receptionist was telling us so many restriction on what we cannot do and what we need to watch out instead of making us feel comfortable staying there. They may have experienced issue with other customer and they may wanted to avoid the same but it was not nice way to start our stay. I found that all the stuff there were stiff and cold. No friendly and personal service. My room was missing water ( suppose to have a complimentary bottle of water) and body shampoo. Also, two of us stayed there but they told us we needed to pay for the 2nd bottle. When I asked for wake up call, they asked me if I want wake up coffee. I thought it's a service as they did not say a price and it's often complimentary in UK to bring wake up tea but I was charged later. The worst experience was that when I need to use bathroom in the lobby(the location is below lobby though), the door did not open and I was locked into a bathroom. I screamed and knocked the door but no one came. Unlike bathroom in US where there is a space between floor and door or ceiling and door, I was totally locked in and no way to escape. It was such a horrifying experience. The lock was not on but the door was just stucked so unable to open or escape. I felt sick for stuck in a closed bathroom where no one came and no place to escape. I got panicked and kicked the door so hard for many time then finally the door was open and I could leave the bathroom. Imagine. You are in foreign country and totally locked down and unable to escape. Horrible and scarely experience.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank ciaohawaii
Direktionsbuero, Manager at The Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honest words on the online portal Tripadvisor.

We feel very sorry to read such an unpleasant feedback, which surprised us by the fact that we have not had any similar situation in the past and were not be informed about the described situation during your stay.

Therefore, unfortunately we have not had the chance yet to get in contact with you personally. We kindly ask you to get in contact with us directly to follow-up on this critical incident immediately. Please refer to lspitaler@roccoforthotels.com.

We deeply regret that you had to leave with such a bad feeling and would really like to apologize for the caused inconvenience.

Thank you in advance.

With best regads,

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I am a big fan of the "luxury hotels of the world" group of hotels (LHW) and always make an effort to stay at one of these hotels during my travels. The Charles hotel is by far the best value for money I've had staying at any of these hotels. It is very well priced but still offers all the extras and luxuries that you would expect from the LHW group.

The hotel is located minutes from the train station but is in a secluded area surrounded by a beautiful park which meant you get the convenience without the trashy surroundings generally evident near a central station. It is also of walking distance to old town and the shopping district.

The service is excellent (as you would expect from the LHW group), professional and friendly but not overbearing. For a relatively large hotel, they are still able to provide a intimate service where the staff remembers your breakfast preferences and address you by name.

The rooms are large by any standards (not just European), with marble bathrooms and a very comfortable bed. The breakfast is absolutely delicious and plentiful. I highly recommend their freshly cooked pancakes and waffles (on request), I had these everyday and never got sick of them!

I highly recommend this hotel when visiting Munich and will definitely stay here again for my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor overlooking the park. It is wonderful in the morning with the smell of fresh air tinged with the aroma of cut grass.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Direktionsbuero, Manager at The Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback and the time you took to share your impressions on tripadvisor.com.

We are more than delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and your review makes us very proud. Of course we shared your great feedback immediately with our employees, which is much appreciated.

“The simple art of luxury” that is our philosophy. Besides perfection, the main aim of our hotel is to ensure that our guests feel both, comfortable and familiar! From the moment you make your reservation to the time of your departure we will provide warm and courteous services. Therefore we provide the same attention to detail, exceptional levels of comfort and personal service for which the Rocco Forte Hotels has become so well known. We are so glad that not only our but also services our modern and spacious rooms were to your entire satisfaction.
It is great to hear that you had some time to enjoy the hotel facilities - like our luxurious breakfast buffet - as well as to discover Munich. Due to the great location of The Charles Hotel our guests have the opportunity to explore the most beautiful city of Bavaria and its shopping district in a very comfortable way as it is only a short walk to the Munich Central Station. On the other hand its idyllic situation in front of the Old Botanical Garden means peace and tranquillity, away from the city's bustle.

Dear guest, we are very delighted to hear that you will definitely stay at our property again. Therefore we are looking forward to welcome you back at The Charles Hotel in Munich. If there is anything to make your next stay even more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to contact us personally at anytime (mun-executive@roccofortehotels.com).

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Pluses: excellent location, very comfortable and big rooms and bathrooms, excellent and attentive staff, almost immediate reaction to requests, very comfortable beds, very special attention to children (present toy, pencils, drawing book, small bathrobe and slippers). Minuses: extra charge for Internet, garage and extra bed (for a 8-year old child), neon light on the balcony which lights through the whole night.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your kind review and the time you took to share your impressions on tripadvisor.com.

We are very delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay at our property. One of our main aims is to make you feel comfortable and familiar from the first moment on. Not only the great location – in front of the Old Botanical Garden and only a two minute walk to the Munich Central Station – but also our modern and spacious rooms make this comfort possible. In addition we set a high value on a discreet but also individual and cordial service. Therefore we would like to thank you for highlighting our excellent and attentive staff.

Part of our philosophy is that children are also VIP guests at The Charles Hotel. It is very important to us that even the youngest guests enjoy their stay at our property. Therefore we offer special amenities as well as our kids’ club on Sundays and holidays.
With regards to the extra charges, we would kindly like to inform you that we only want to charge our guests for the services they really make us of.

We would be delighted to welcome you and your family at The Charles Hotel soon again. If there is anything to make your next stay even more enjoyable please do not hesitate to contact us personally at anytime (mun-executive@roccofortehotels.com).