Pension Margit
$144
$126
Hotel Website
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbreakfast tablefirst floormain train stationcold cutsbeds were comfortablefew minutes walkfree wifiwithin walking distancecheesemarienplatzmattress
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Overall my stay in the hotel was fine, though I left my ray ban sunglasses on the bed when I checked out, and realised when I got back to London. I emailed the hotel to try and get them back, but they never emailed me back. I then got PP Travel to contact them, as they were the ones I booked my accommodation through, and the hotel said they hadn't found any ray bans. So, it looks like they were stolen from the room. Terrible service - don't stay here!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Tpiz
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is the worst hotel in Munich.
Firstly, the owners are unorganised, disrespectful and aggressive. Secondly the rooms are basic and overpriced.
The owners are still in 1975 as they use pen and paper to document all the bookings. A number of our bookings were incorrect and we were required to pay over and above out initial booking.
There is minimal security on the front door. When the night duty is on he was drunk and chain-smoking.
There are far better places to stay in Munich.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank pchap
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have never in my life come across such appalling behavior by anyone in my life, especially not in the hospitality industry. When our group arrived at the hotel, they had double booked one of the rooms that my friends had booked 6 months prior, instead of apologizing for their mistake, they demanded that they pay a higher rate for another room or get out of the hotel. The man at the desk (Sammy) was so incredibly aggressive and out of line. The next day he demanded that my friends come back from Octoberfest to the hotel by midday and when they arrived, all their possessions were packed up and they were thrown out of the hotel. His reason for this was that they were rude to him. My friends were left with nowhere to stay. To make matter worse, my extremely expensive digital SLR camera was stolen out of my room on the first afternoon (keys had to be left at reception) and when I mentioned it to the owner, she said ‘it has nothing to do with me, what do you want me to do? Buy you a new camera’. Our room didn’t have a safe box so I was unable to lock anything in the room. One of the people who I was sharing a room with was asleep in our room on the fold out bed and a maid came in, woke him up and took the bed from under him - really, really bizarre behavior. The reception reeked of cigarette smoke and the lady at the front desk (owner) chained smoked.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Ange M
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed for three days last week, I was really suprised when we go there. The room was large and clean and serviced daily. The staff were friendly and helpful. For the price it was a steal. I would certainly recommend it and would stay again, it was close enough to the centre and breakfast was provided free of charge.

Room Tip: I've noticed people complain about no lift, 90% of hotels dont have lifts, if you want a hotel with a life book a large corporate chain, faceless, expensive but you'll get a lift. The stairs aren't that bad, this is value for money. Prebook parking is advised and we got it free.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Overall it a good hotel that provides a moderate service for an excellent price. The rooms are clean but the sheets are not changed for the duration of the stay which was eight days in our case. The breakfast is very fresh. The location is great. The worst things are the so called pillows and Sammy the owner. He was very aggressive as we were a family of eight adults and we requested rooms on the same floor. It seems the hotel was overbooked and he couldn't do that. The problem was that he was very rude in explaining that and even threatened to throw us out if we continued to be 'pushy' in our requests.

• Stayed: August 2012