“Bavarian Tour of a Lifetime”

The Thirsty Historian
Ranked #2 of 30 Food & Drink in Munich
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Thirsty Historian strives to provide the highest quality customized, private tours that combine the best cultural experiences possible in Munich and Bavaria with your requests and interests in mind. We take our guests to Munich's best locations and some of the world's oldest breweries, beer halls and biergartens producing what we think are some of the best beers, cuisine, and charming hospitality one can find. Come join us For the Intro To Munich, The Munich Experience or The Ultimate Munich Expereince for a real, genuine feel of Bavaria's atmosphere (gemutlichkeit)! We offer historical tours of Munich City, 3rd Reich History, Dachau Memorial, Viktualienmarkt, and multiple Beer Tours and Excursions in Munich and Bavaria.
Reviewed May 23, 2017

Levi and John were the perfect tour guides to lead my group around Bavaria. My group of 19 people came to Germany to learn more about the brewing industry in Germany. We were lucky to find the perfect tour guides with their extensive knowledge on the subject as well their historical knowledge of Bavaria. I was amazed by their knowledge of not only Munich, but also the smaller towns located in Bavaria. The trip would not have been nearly as enjoyable without the Thirsty Historian!

1  Thank nickfavaro
in 3 reviews
"eagles nest"
"interesting information"

Reviewed May 23, 2017

Levi and John's friendship makes this trip even more special. I could not imagine going to Germany without being with Thirsty Historians. They knew what they were talking about. Bavaria was extra fun because of them. They joked around with the group yet gave great information about Germany's history, brewing industry, and current Germany. I would recommend this tour to anyone!!

1  Thank kmpilant17
Reviewed May 23, 2017 via mobile

We were a group of 19 individuals interested learning more about German culture and it's beer industry. Levi and John were our tour guide for the Bavarian region. They were absolutely wonderful and knew all the right place in the area where we could get a taste of Bavarian beer and enhance our knowledge on the matter. We had a blast at the May Fest in Regensburg and would recommend these two to anyone with a similar interest! Plus it didn't hurt that John and I had the same name!

Reviewed May 22, 2017

John and Levi are amazing! Our group for class had a private tour given over a couple of different parts throughout the Bavaria region. It covered multiple popular and historic breweries and also getting to see the beautiful countryside and learned some much great history. Not only do they have great knowledge to give, but they also keep the tour very lively and upbeat. I would highly recommend seeking out a tour from them!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

The Thirsty Historian Tours are truly one of a kind. I thoroughly enjoyed each moment I spent this my guides and they devoted their full attention to our group as well as gave us a true German experience. Their personalities are friendly and detail oriented as whenever we went they had something fun to learn, information that I will not forget. I don't think we could have had a better tour experience; no one else would provide the same attentive care, memorable education, or kinder guides. We were taken care of in all aspects and they couldn't have been more professional yet outgoing. I would recommend this experience to anyone going to Germany, these men truly know how to make a lasting impression.