“Five Stars!”

The Thirsty Historian
Ranked #2 of 30 Food & Drink in Munich
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Thirsty Historian strives to provide the highest quality customized, private tours that combine the best cultural experiences possible in Munich and Bavaria with your requests and interests in mind. We take our guests to Munich's best locations and some of the world's oldest breweries, beer halls and biergartens producing what we think are some of the best beers, cuisine, and charming hospitality one can find. Come join us For the Intro To Munich, The Munich Experience or The Ultimate Munich Expereince for a real, genuine feel of Bavaria's atmosphere (gemutlichkeit)! We offer historical tours of Munich City, 3rd Reich History, Dachau Memorial, Viktualienmarkt, and multiple Beer Tours and Excursions in Munich and Bavaria.
Reviewed October 3, 2015

Five stars for the Thirsty Historians!! I had the pleasure of companionship of both Levi and John at various times on my two-day tour of Munich. From wandering the city’s local markets, to clinking jugs of beer at Oktoberfest, it was a perfect intertwine of informative history and festive culture. I experienced places and stories there’s no way I would have discovered on my own.

The region’s hidden gems are their forte: I felt transported back hundreds of years to medieval Bavaria drinking under wooden beams and stoned walls… only to be surpassed by accordion sing-alongs and breaking some rules. Levi’s wooden hammer keg barrel tapping skills and German folk song translations were superb. John’s local recommendations and transportation knowledge also greatly eased travel logistics both within and departing Munich.

My only regret?... Not having another day!

4  Thank shaheenr404
in 3 reviews
"eagles nest"
"interesting information"

Reviewed October 1, 2015

We already had reserved seats at Oktoberfest so our group of 5 joined Levi and John on their tour of Munich. We all were so glad we did!! They both know Munich and its history as if they have lived their all their lives. They took us to truly historic locations along with some of the most amazing beer selections you will find. They also were able to make some fantastic recommendations about other places to visit in Munich, they truly know their stuff! One location even allowed them to take us on a private tour of their brewery - without any of the brewery staff with us!! If you are looking for a great time, a true Munich experience, interesting history along with great beer and amazing food - look no further!! I am eagerly awaiting my return to Munich to join them on one of their Oktoberfest tours as I am certain they all are fantastic. Thanks guys!

2  Thank BriGuy22222
Reviewed September 30, 2015

After returning from oktoberfest, my husband and i agreed this was our favorite tour of the whole 10 day trip. levi takes a small group to a brewery, then to a tent reservation, and everything is included in the price (trust me on the value of this, every other tour made us pay for any food, tickets, etc in addition to the tour). Levi was the perfect tour guide for us and very knowledgable. the ONLY down side was the communication and confirming the tour (requested in march, told that i'd be first on the list, then told there was no space, then told we were all set, but not given exact details until 3 days before our trip), but this was minor compared to the great time we had.

4  Thank lauren t
Reviewed September 30, 2015

For a guy that grew up in Wisconsin, Levi at Thirsty Historian knows his stuff! He took us on a 3 hour walk-around tour of Munich and offered incredible insight about it's history! We started off with a great beer selection and ended with reservations at an incredible restaurant. If he really likes you - he'll show you another local bar that is a blast!
Thank you Levi for your time and info. It really was the highlight of our trip and I'll actually do the tour again the next time I'm in town. Prost!

3  Thank awray