“Cosy and peaceful”

Holiday Inn Express Muenchen Messe
Ranked #129 of 389 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed one night travelling towards south. Hotel was very quiet and peaceful. Clean nice rooms, friendly service. Breakfast was good as usual in Germany.
A short walk to railway to go to Munchen center for evening.

1  Thank Pauli666

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Nice place,
a bit far from the city of Munich, who has a car its 15-20 minutes.
The hotel is very clean, tidy and quiet.
Nice people and good service.
Provides the required bed and breakfast at very good level.
There is no fridge in rooms, but you can take ice cubes from ice machine in the lobby.
There is parking fee for the hotel parking, but at night you can find free public parking in the area.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

stayed here for 1 night before flight back to calgary
great value and awesome breakfast
rooms and amenities fantastic

1  Thank abtraveller97
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you Feldkirchen, 10.July 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your stay in our hotel and we appreciate you taking the time to post your comments in TripAdvisor.com. The comments of our guests are very valuable for us and give us the opportunity to constantly improve our services to the needs and expectations of our clients.

I am glad to hear that you had a “Great 1 Night” in the Holiday Inn Express Munich Messe and thanks a lot for your satisfaction about our "awesome breakfast rooms and amenities fantastic".
I have forwarded your comments to my staff and especially to our Breakfast and Housekeeping Team.

Dear Guest, my team and I would welcome the opportunity to be your hosts once more in the future.

With best regards,

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We booked in here for a night before flying out of Munich (well, the rest of my party did, I stayed another night, downtown), because there was apparently nothing reasonably priced near the airport. While 75 Euro for the room and breakfast wasn't bad, the thing that absolutely drove me around the bend was that they wanted 17 Euro for internet access, which is absolute insanity. Fortunately there's an iPad at the front desk that guests can use for basic needs (in my case, using Hotwire to get another hotel room!)

In the Messe district, you're a fair hike from downtown, and nowhere near an S-Bahn station, it's a train and bus ride to get there, so if your plan is to enjoy Munich by night, you're looking at a steep cab ride. If you're traveling to really enjoy the city, you'll find better value elsewhere.

That said, I should note that the staff was excellent, and the room was clean and comfortable, if small in the European style.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Nick B
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Feldkirchen, 09. July 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your stay in our hotel and taking the time to post your comments in TripAdvisor. The comments of our guests are very valuable for us and give us the opportunity to constantly adjust our services to the needs and expectations of our clients.

It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were very happy with our service. I have forwarded your comments to my staff.

Our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience which occurred due the fact of our distances to the subway station and the connectivity to Munich downtown. Our Internet services are of best quality and security and therefore at charge. We can offer you also voucher for only 1 hour or as you have mentioned our iPad at the front desk free of charge.

We wish you all the best for the future.

Express by Holiday Inn Munich Messe

Reviewed February 21, 2012

This place I know very well from several business trips. It is quiet and still not far away from the motorway, A99.
This time we have been on our way to vacation in Italy. What is a real plus for the Express is the underground garage at a rate of 6€ only. It is safe and as wheather was very cold and poor it provided a nice protection to our car.
The hotel as such provides no surprises:
- Clean room
- Good comfort for TWO.
- Coffee cooker on the room
- Desk and TV
- A small sofa.

Drinks at the bar are reasonable. The breakfast is fine with fresh rolls, cheese, saussag and marmelade as well as a healthy corner and eggs. There is a multiple selection coffee maker.
Funiture is fine and everything ever clean.

Personal is friendly and worked efficient as normal.

All over all our stay was 100% meeting our expectations - no surprise....as usual for HI EXPRESS!

Room Tip: No real diffirence.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mr_Bellevue
ralf_stoeckle, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Muenchen Messe, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Munich, 24 February 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your stay in our hotel and we appreciate you taking the time to send us your comments. The comments of our guests are very valuable for us and give us the opportunity to constantly improve our services to the needs and expectations of our clients.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay “on the way to vacation” with us and that you were very happy with the safe underground garage at a rate of 6 € only and the friendliness of our services. I have forwarded your comments to my staff.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

Very good hotel, excellent rooms, clean. Breakfast was good too.
Personnel is very nice.
I do recommend it.

Room Tip: If you stay in this hotel you need a car.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Alexander B
ralf_stoeckle, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Muenchen Messe, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2012

Munich, 20 February 2012

Dear Guest,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the “Clean and nice Hotel”with us and that you were very happy with our service. I have forwarded your comments to my staff.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

It is situated next to the highway, a nice modern hotel with clean functional facilities, good for overnight to break a long drive. With parking facility. Nice accomodating helpful english speaking staff. Breakfast is simple yet complete. Room is clean and comfortable. We had a nice experience.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple