All reviewsmunich messeice machineroom was cleannice hotelovernight staycity centresofa bedcouple of nightsstayed for one nightfree wifithe holiday innair conditioninghotel is locatedautobahnfreewayshuttleihg
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I stayed in this Hotel with my wife in the month of July 2011, and I must say it is very comfortable, the bus to the station will sweep you for the doorstep and with-in 15 mins you are in trhe city centre. Rooms are good and clean, breakfast is good, Staff was very supportive specially Ms. Martina thank you very much for your support............Cheers guys u r doing a great Job..........

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gaurav S
ralf_stoeckle, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Muenchen Messe, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2011

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your stay in our hotel and we appreciate you taking the time to send us your comments. The comments of our guests are very valuable for us and give us the opportunity to constantly improve our services to the needs and expectations of our clients.

I am glad to hear that you had a “Great Stay” in the Holiday Inn Express Munich Messe and that you were very happy with our service. I have forwarded your comments to my staff and especially to Martina.

Dear Guest, my team and I would welcome the opportunity to be your hosts once more in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Holiday Inn Express Munich Messe

Reviewed September 11, 2011

We stayed here one night, before catching a flight from Munich airport the next morning. We arrived late in the evening, and were dissappointed to find that there was no where to eat nearby, and surprised that parking was not free, given the amount of land surrounding the hotel, and that there was a charge for use of the internet. However, the front desk gave us a list of restaurants in the nearby down (<10 min drive), and we had dinner at an excellent and inexpensive trattoria. The location of the hotel is odd, as there is another hotel next door (Ibis), but there seems to be little else around (car dealership). Allow for a 30 min drive to get to the airport.

We had a "family room" with a bed for two people and a sofa that unfolded. when we arrived there were no linens on the bed, and there did not seem to be any housekeeping available, but the front desk immediately moved us to another (slightly smaller room) that had the sofa bed unfolded and sheeted. With the sofa bed unfolded it was impossible to use the desk, or even move around comfortably. Open suitcases had to be put on the bed.

In Summary:
Pros - Affordable, clean rooms, good breakfast, friendly and helpful front desk
Cons - small room, remote, charges for parking and internet, no resaurants nearby

Best for someone that needs a place to sleep for the night by the highway.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Nice , clean, 2 kids free, cheap, bus stops 100 meters away. Not suitable for the traveller likes nightlife without car. Last bus is at 10 pm

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2011

My husband and 2 children stayed here 3 nights. The hotel was nice, clean and did it's purpose to provide us with a comfortable place to lay our heads at night after sight seeing.
The room was small, but I think that is common in Europe. We had a queen bed and the children's was a pull-out couch. They had complimentary breakfast bar and choices of coffees.
They had a parking garage if you so choose to pay 6 Euro a day, we did, the garage was clean and safe.

The hotel is right off the highway and a short 5-8 minute drive to park your car and ride the train into Munich, driving in Munich is stressful, the rail system is best.

They do not have a pool, but if you are seeing Munich, you will not have time to swim, there's so much to do in the city. If you want to swim, there is a indoor pool at Olympic Park in Munich!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Christy878
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I booked this hotel on HI web site and I was really surprised how good was.
The shuttle was available as stated, room was clean and well maintained.
Reception was effective, good, I had no problem to do on line check in etc....
I also had dinner at the restaurant : good food at a reasonable price.
I think that you definetly receive more than you pay.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business