Hotel la maison
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
Achat Hotel(Munich)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsenglish gardendvd playersmall balconyboutique hotelreception staffrooms are largefantastic locationdouble roomcomfortable bedstrain stationschwabingneighborhoodeuropemarienplatz
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed at Hotel La Maison during my business trip in Munich. My hotel room was tiny, didn't feel comfortable at all. Some of the small bottles in the mini bar were empty... Breakfast was disappointing too, very limited options, not a single fresh fruit or vegetable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank 645Eve
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Well, this is exactly how a small boutiqe hotel should be ... Stylish, sexy and excellent design yet not giving up on the service and friendliness! La Maison actually got it "spot on" for anybody who wants to have a small, stylish hotel without paying stupid money (yet, let's be honest, it's not cheap either ... My rook was €200/night). So, why not 5 rating then? Well, it's close to 5 but missing a few small items like the soap and shampoo being generic non-branded stuff and the breakfast is OK but not outstanding. Lastly, the location is in Schwabing (so central Munich), it's very close to the Biggest park in Munich and close to public transport and the area of Schwabing is one of the best in Munich with tons of restaurants, bars and shops. The hotel is on a nice and relatively quite street so very good location overall ! I definately would stay again!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank 1234CN
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We chose the hotel for a weekend trip to Munich because of the following reasons: the website of the hotel is very efficient yet stylish, the pictures show the real rooms so you get what you see, the prices are relatively reasonable for Munich Schwabing, the English Garden is just 3 minutes away, great for walks (!), the hotel is a small, quiet boutique hotel with clean and stylish rooms, the underground is 5 minutes away but you can also walk downtown (40 minutes or so). The receptionists are very nice and helpful. We booked a double light room, which was small but bright and it also had a balcony. The bathroom was also relatively small but not too small. The only thing we found just a bit disappointing was the breakfast: it's "only" 14 Euro per person and of good quality but the variety and stocking policy isn't too good (no warm food at all like scrambled eggs). It seems they offer a max of 4 croissants for all guests so when we came down a little later on the second morning they were all gone (the first morning we were there pretty early and got lucky) . Also Bavaria is famous for its good bread and rolls, but the only choice we had was ONE baguette from 7 to 10 (they never restocked after it was gone) and two different kinds of rolls and one kind of bread. Restocking of the other things like butter, jam or salmon took forever and we had to explicitly ask for more long before 10 am. There seems to be only one waiter serving coffee, taking dirty dishes away and being responsible for restocking the items which apparently isn't enough staff during busy times. Apart from that our stay was great and since other hotels charge more than 30 euro for breakfast we could live with these breakfast flaws. We will definitely consider La Maison again should we go on another Munich trip in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank leolimoncello2003
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The Hotel is lovelly decorated. The staff was very friendly too. I have asked a special room type and when I arrived they gave me what I asked which is really nice as not all are doing it.

The location is really good. 5 minutes walk from the tube. Different restaurants choices are around the hotel. It's not noisy.

However the room are not very cleaned. When I checked in I found the soap and shampoo from an other person in the bathroom. There is a lot of dust.

Internet is not working well. so DO NOT PAY FOR INTERNET as the connection is very bad. I had to restart it many time. Try to negotiate to have it free.

Room Tip: I have taken the purple room as it's girly :)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I would give 4 stars if only there would be aid conditioner. There was no air at room at all! Because of that we had to leave opened window throughout the night and some street voice was coming in. Also church bells on Sunday very early morning!
Otherwise hotel had good location - close underground station and nice Leopoldstrasse. Stuff was nice.
I didn't find cool a fact that booking.com on their website said that there is free wi-fi in WHOLE hotel but it wasn't so; we had to pay EUR 6 for a day (its not so bad but I don't like disinformation!).
Breakfast - it was ok; i would suggest to the stuff pay more attention to the food choice close to 10am when they close it. At first day we came to eat at 9:30 and there were out of some stuff and I noticed that they didn't add.
Room and halls very clean.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple