“Value for money”

Ranked #136 of 383 Hotels in Munich
Hong Kong, China
“Value for money”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

If you're looking for just a bed and a place to sleep this hotel is good for what you pay. The room is on the small side and the bathroom even smaller. All the reviews were spot on. The hotel is located on a busy road so the noise is on the loud side. This would be an issue during the summer months if you have the windows opened.

Room and bathroom were both clean, just feel clostorphobic since it's small.

The Internet worked well at night, but couldn't even connect in the morning, so the hotel couldn't handle a lot of people using the hotel at once.

I stayed here for one night and that was enough for me...later went to hotel exquisit which was a better location and much more comfortable place to stay.

Room Tip: If you're on a budget this is a good place to stay...if you have a few bucks more to spend. Do t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Munich
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed in the GHOTEL for 6 nights, and it was good. I was allowed to check in at 12 pm (probably I looked very tired at that moment). I was glad to know about free wi-fi in the lounge (although, you have to ask for password every 30 min). The room was clean and comfortable. It was on the 1st floor but very silent to my surprise, with a window looking out on the garden. The staff is polite and helpful. Thank you very much for the great time there!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Marina S
Marketing G, Marketingassistentin at GHOTEL hotel & living Munchen-City, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Marina,
thank you very much for rating your stay at GHOTEL hotel & living München-City. We are happy that you enjoyed your time with us. Should you visit us again, you can use free WiFi in your room if you are travelling with a laptop or similar, as WiFi is free in all hotel rooms from the beginning of this month on.
We would be happy if you chose to stay at one of our hotels again!
your team of GHOTEL hotel & living
Sarajevo
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed in the hotel with family with intention to do week-long exploration of Munich. It was a very pleasant experience – room was nice and clean, friendly staff members. I have to mention really good beds – I had better sleep here than in some better ranked hotels which I sleep in during my business trips. Service was professional: towels and sheets were changed regularly, the room looked really clean. For those who have small kids like me, or just tend to skip breakfast, there is a nice kitchenette which comes very handy. Fantastic location of hotel – only two tube stations to historic landmarks in downtown. Oktoberfest site is right around the corner, so the location is really good. For those coming in with cars, having an underground garage was very handy. One thing I liked the most are staff members: helpful in a sense that you basically need not a guide after they give you all the hints and useful tips about landmarks you are trying to visit. Another thing that really upped my experience was a small gesture of hotel staff members (it is always about small things). In my case it was the fact that during the Champions League game Sky Sports was not working in my room, which is something I just mentioned along the way to a cleaning lady. She obviously passed the information and staff invited me to join them in the Lobby where they managed to set up viewing of the game along with welcoming drink as a sign of guest care. It was really a nice gesture to show that they care about the guests. I have to add that the price was very reasonable, so overall, this is one higly recommendable place to stay in Munich.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Marketing G, Marketingassistentin at GHOTEL hotel & living Munchen-City, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Almir,
many thanks for rating your stay at GHOTEL hotel & living München-City. We are happy that you liked your room and the location of the hotel. It is also great to read that our staff was able to please you with their invite for the Champions League game. Maybe you would also like to visit us in one of our other hotels?
your team of GHOTEL hotel & living
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I just stayed at the GHotel for a night for a business trip and compared with other hotels in the area value for money was good! It is very central and close to the Tube station "Theresienwiese".
I booked a superior room which allowed me a late checkout. There was a glitch with the room booking and I got an apology the next morning. It is not majorly quiet, but then it is a city and you would not expect it anyway. Breakfast is 12 Euros, it is not bad, but also not cheap - but there are also plenty of nice cafes in the city. The room was fine, the bathroom was very clean and everything just suited my needs. One thing I do have to say though, staff were amazingly friendly! I was very impressed with the level of friendliness.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Marketing G, Marketingleiterin at GHOTEL hotel & living Munchen-City, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Traveller

Thank you so much for your positive review. We are happy to hear, that you liked the location of the hotel, your room and our service and we hope to see you soon again!

Best regards,
California, United States
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I booked the room for $100USD/night on Hotels.com. The location is great, rooms are decent, friendly staff. Size of the room is ok, bathroom is a bit small, but acceptable for 2 people. Sheets and towels were clean, no odor in the room, but the curtains had several brown stains and looked like they had never been washed. We did not eat the breakfast, or have wi-fi included with our room.

If I visited Munich again I wouldn't stay here. It was fine for 2 nights, but no more.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Marketing G, Marketingleiterin at GHOTEL hotel & living Munchen-City, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Traveller

Thank you for staying with us. We highly appreciate your feedback which will give us the opportunity to optimize our offer. In your case we hope that you informed us on site about the conditions of our curtains, so that we could change them immediately. Looking back it is quite difficult to say why they were not in good order for which we apologize.

Despite above mentioned issue, we are happy that you liked the hotel and we hope to see you again soon.

Your team of GHOTEL hotel & living.
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed December 3, 2012

i stay here for 4 nights the area was ok .safe at night walking around the area .the HBF train station was a 10 to 15 min walk . lots of hotels and places to shop in this area
its not in the nicest area of town but i would stay here again . Reasonable value for your money and near the metro ..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank antMiami_Florida
Dear Traveller

Thank you for sharing your impressions about our hotel with fellow guests and for staying with us. We are glad that you liked the value for money and the location of the hotel and we hope to welcome you again soon.

St. Paul
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has convenient access to the U-bahn and Hauptbahnoff, but for the price there are better options in the area. I was there after a heat wave and my room was HOT and stayed hot, day and night for 2 days, even with windows open. No air conditioning and no air circulation. The room and especially hallways had a stale smell. St. Paul's bells chime every 15 minutes from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., just a half block away. And there was a crowd singing drinking sounds well past midnite right outside my open window every night. Not sure if it was a bar or residence, but it made for a tough choice to keep the windows open or not. Overall, I would recommend finding another hotel in the area.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Paul

Thank you for your feedback and for staying at GHOTEL hotel & living München-City. We are sorry, that you didn't like its location in the city centre, which indeed sometimes goes along with an according noise level. This is especially in summer time the case, when people spend their nights out in the street. The next time you are in Munich, we recommend to stay at GHOTEL hotel & living München-Nymphenburg. The location is a bit calmer.