Hotel Tessin
Agoda.com
$421
$394
  • Pool
All reviewscheap hotelcity centretrain stationunderground garagesingle rooms bahnshort stayhotel is locatedstops
Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

I stayed one night at this hotel whilst still looking for a flat in Munich. The laterooms deal was extremely good at around €50 including internet, breakfast and overnight car parking as I had a full car,

This hotel is simply a case of you get what you pay for. It isn't the Hilton or the Sheraton, but it's never meant to be. It is what it is; basic at a mediocre price tag,

The room was very small but clean. It did have a good wifi connection but it was only one floor up from reception. Higher rooms may not have such a good connection. No complaints about the bathroom either, nor with the soundproofing. There is a busy road outside but there were double windows in my room so I didn't hear any traffic noise,

Breakfast wasn't fantastic and only just warranted the €7 by stuffing myself on the tasty bread rolls. Had I been a bit more familiar with the area I would have found a nearby cafe and eaten something there, probably for a fraction of the price,

One slightly offputting aspect with this hotel is you don't actually access it directly through ground level. You have to ring the buzzer the first time and the receptionist will answer for you. Once you have your room key, it'll open the front door. Also the locks were a bit stiff at times and at one point I thought I'd locked myself out,

The S-Bahn station "Laim" is across the road from the hotel and takes you into central Munich in less than 10 minutes. One line is direct to the airport so a plus point to the hotel for good transport links to town and the airport,

Overall I definitely wouldn't stay here again due to having my own place in Munich nowadays, and I would only recommend to passing friends and family if the price was as low as I found it. This hotel does not warrant anything higher.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I can definatly not recoomend staying in this hotel. The rooms are really small, furniture seems to be from the 70s and the window leaked air flowing in. Walls seem to only stop people watching into your room, but noises are pouring in from the street, the bar next door and the neighboring rooms as if all the people are in the room with you. Location is allright, not great, staff was friendly but confused about the booking - check-in took forever.

Room Tip: Try to find a different place - this place seems to be more like a hostel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank belgier24
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed here for two nights, with two friends at the end of June 2012. The hotel is in an office block, not far from the Laim station. We had to buzz to get in, but the door lock was broken and we had to buzz several times, until the male receptionist gave up trying to let us in and had to come down and unlock the door manually. He was very rude and acted as if it was our fault that we couldn't get in. Later on that evening, at around half past eight we were playing music out of a phone's speaker in our bedroom - no louder than a tv on low. We got a knock at the door and the same rude receptionist from eariler shouted at us and threatened to kick us out if we made any more noise. We were told it was not a youth hostel (then why are you on hostelworld? - and we knew this already) and that our behaviour was completely unacceptable. This man continued on for ten minutes shouting and threatening over and over again. It was obvious that just because we are young (the three of us are aged 20 and 21) and turned up with rucksacks that he stereotyped us. We are not noisy youths at all - we are three medical students who were just getting ready to sleep after a long day's travelling, to medical student conference nearby .
Seriously, anyone who is considering going here who looks/is young DON'T. This man ruined our two days in Munich, making us feel extremely uncomfortable at the hotel. It is also notable that the TV in the room next to us was twice as loud as we were being and continued until the early hours of the morning, yet they weren't subjected to the tirade to which we were. Absolutely disgusting hotel service. If our music had been too loud, then he could have just asked us politely to turn it down. However, he did not. and the fact it was half past eight in the evening makes the situation even more laughable. This experience turned what should have been an average hotel into an awful hotel. The fact that we were charged three full prices,when one of us was on a camp bed is also ridiculous.

Room Tip: AVOID this place
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank lucy s
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Hotel Tessin was a great place for my recent two-day vacation in Munich. The location is extremely close to the metro, making for an easy arrival with luggage. The beds were comfortable, and our private bathroom had a great shower. The internet was a little flaky, but not unusable. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 4, 2012

If you require a bed for the night and a place to wash then Tessin is ideal. If you are used to Ritz style service then this will not live up to expectations.

The hotel is located opposite Laim S-Bahn station, which provides links into the city centre every 2-4 minutes, with the journey taking roughly ten minutes. Airport trains are every 20 minutes or so and take 35 - 45 minutes depending on which train you take.

The hotel building is quite strange, with it being located within a private accommodation block. Reception is on the first floor which can be accessed by being ringing the hotel bell at the front door. Reception is only manned until around 9pm so there may be problems with collecting keys if you check in after this time.

The room was basic but clean. If you are travelling on a budget then it is ideal. For a triple room it cost £198/245EUR for 3 nights, far cheaper than anywhere in the city. Breakfast was included in the price too.

Breakfast was disappointing though, especially when opting for cereal. I ate breakfast at 9.30 one morning to find the milk was quite warm from being left on the counter probably since breakfast started. Other complaints from my group were poor coffee and tea.

One point to make is that this is described as a budget and business hotel. Budget hotel is highly accurate but I couldn't see anything that would make it a suitable business hotel. Free wifi is a bonus, but this is standard at most hotels I have stayed in, whether budget or expensive.

Pros - Cheap, Clean, Comfortable, Close to S-Bahn,
Cons - Nothing in local area, Breakfast is poor.

Room Tip: This review applies to a triple room, I have not stayed in a single/double.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends