“Comfortable, good location”

Courtyard by Marriott Munich City Center
Ranked #93 of 387 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Located in the centre of Munich, 10 minutes' walk from the main railway station/ bus terminal, and a similar distance to the start of Marienplatz. The rooms are cozy and the beds super-comfortable. This hotel does everything you ask of a Marriott in terms of service, room comfort, quality of food and restaurants, and professionalism - but it lacks an oomph factor that would have earned it a five-star review. It's meant to be a business hotel, but does a decent enough job of catering to tourists as well. The front desk gets extremely busy at peak check-in and check-out times, and the staff appeared under the pump - so avoid these times if you're looking for tips on the best restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Sitting at airport having just left the hotel and I can't fault it in any way. Rooms clean staff lovely cracking breakfast and location great for the old town and festival park. I know there are sex shops and the like in the area but that shouldnt put you off, only 5 min walk to Haupbanhoff train station and 15 minutes to the old town. Want to go back!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Daview64
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Don't be fooled like we were by "city center". I know Munich and trust me, we aren't in the city center. Your a good 15-20 minute walk through some unsavory, if even safe, blocks before you enter either the center or historical old town district of Mumich. This Marriott actual told me the policies are not those like in the states, silver status gets you nothing, no Internet, no water, no perks what so ever. I'm surprised its a Marriott. The hotel is clean, cafe standard for a courtyard, lobby small. The "business center" is a counter in the lobby. Elevators a hassle with keys flying.....and you definitely can't go out alone, nor would you want to unless your on your way to the table dancing bar across the street! I really hope I earned alot of points for this stay. This one is a clean hostel at best.

• Stayed: May 2012
6  Thank travelgirl2581
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We travelled with our 12 yo daughter and the room was big enough for her roll out bed. The restaurant wes very nice and we ate there most nights as we didn't like venturing our at night in that area. It would have been nice to have a pool or jacuzzi , service was great staff were friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lisa I
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Located in the heart of Munich so easy walk almost anywhere nearby (shops, food, beer houses, etc.)
They do not have a lounge but do have a bar at Lobby level.
Rooms were clean and had all amenities other than a stocked minibar.
Service on one of ny days was very disappointing. Had clothes to be washed so filled out the form, loaded the bag and called the front desk at 9am. Was told someone would be e up soon to grab laundry. I left for business meetings shortly thereafter and stopped by the front desk to remind them of ny laundry. I did this out of habit, not due to any recognized concerns or issues. I should note the clothes were left one step inside the doorway. I get back after 6, enter my room and see the same bag in the same location. What's worse, the room had been very well cleaned yet the bags left behind. Thus there were 3 chances for their Service to effectively manage a customer request (3rd being the clear Mingus crew) and get to my surprise it was not done. I was told by the front desk that evening that there was a laundromat down the street if my need was urgent!
I was given relief for one day's internet access for my trouble.....disappointed and hope this was an anomaly and not typical here.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Stevie B
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We recently enjoyed our second stay at this property. Our first visit was during May 2011 (just my wife and I). This trip we travelled with our two young children (3&1). Each visit the staff has been extremely helpful and friendly. This time we checked in early and the staff worked hard to get our adjoining rooms ready for us quickly. Thanks. The rooms are clean and comfortable (we only spent time there to sleep). Although some reviewers have questioned the area around the hotel (near many casinos & strip clubs), I've never felt uneasy about the area. In fact, the location provides an easy walk to the city center and even closer access to public transport and the main train station. This trip we ate at the hotel restaurant for convenience. Although it's not my first choice (go out and enjoy some local Bavarian specialties), the meal was tasty and the restaurant staff were wonderful. Looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank brianinnewport
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel is located close to the main railway station . It took us around 10mins to walk. The hotel is located next to a supermarket BILLA, convenient to make a few purchases.
The room is ok. The staff helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family