“A must go for any first time visitor to Munich!!!”
Review of Augustinerbrau

Augustinerbrau
Ranked #4 of 208 Nightlife in Munich
Singapore, Singapore
225 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 561 helpful votes
“A must go for any first time visitor to Munich!!!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Good:
-I was in the area & after referring back to my Lonely Planet Guidebook, I immediately ran in to find an empty table but sadly, even at 5pm on a weekend, the place was 90% full. I managed to share a table with another couple.
-Based on this guidebook's recommendation, the 15 Euro pork knuckle WAS REALLY GOOD !!!
You can view my YouTube video here:
-Great drinking (of beer) atmosphere & I felt the German spirit all around...
I also felt the high levels of intoxication...all around...

Bad:
-No english menu.
-Staff are not courteous.
-In house toilet is chargeable =(

Visited June 2013

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Atmosphere was okay”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Was excited to eat here as I read about this resteraunt. The atmosphere was okay, lots of people. As per the norm in Munich resteraunts we had to wait what seemed like forever to be waited on. Once we received our menus we had to wait yet again to be served. Beers came then food quickly therafter. I will have to say don't here if you want good food, the pork hock was dry, the saurerkraut tasted if it had been cooked three days too many, the only saving grace of this meal were the boilded potatoes. The beer however is great, service very poor.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Shbrri85
Newark, CA
97 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Had high hopes”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Read all the great reviews and was really looking forward to the visit, but my experience here was just okay. Food was nothing to write home about. The pork knuckle was huge but not very tasty at all. It was dry and tough. The pork scallopine in a mushroom cream sauce was also tough, plus there was an aromatic spice in the sauce that just didn't agree with me. Oh well, everyone has different tastes. I suppose if you like beer, it's what matters here. Also, I didn't know that the pretzel basket full of pretzels which the waiter plopped down on the table was not free/complimentary. If you take the pretzel, you have to pay for it. I thought since the basket was placed there without my having asked for it, that it was on the house and came with dinner, until it was itemized on the bill. Live and learn.

1 Thank stepsinthesand
Ben Lomond, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This place is Great!!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

One if my buddies was in Munich last month and told me to check out the place. My wife and I loved it. The beer is great and so is the food. You've got to check it out.

Munich, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“ordered food, never arrived”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We came in for food and beer. We got the beer and ordered the food, but after a 50 minute wait it still hadn't arrived and we ended up just leaving. I dont know if it was our waiter, who did seem a bit surly (and was described as "unsympethetic" by the Austrian couple we sat with), but regardless I would recommend you go to a McDonalds instead. At least you'll get served there.

2 Thank Matt L