“Less touristy than the Hofbrauhaus but worth a visit!”
Review of Augustinerbrau

Augustinerbrau
Ranked #4 of 210 Nightlife in Munich
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Much smaller in scale and less touristy than the Hofbrauhaus beer institution. Just a few minutes away from Marienplatz. Lovely food, friendly staff but cannot comment on the beer since I am not a beer drinker. Each table has a bread basket and in the end, the waitress will add to the tab any bread you've consumed. We had Sunday lunch here and it was nowhere nearly as crowded as the Hofbrau at lunch time the previous day!

There are newer reviews for Augustinerbrau

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Awesome..you will not find many other places that give you the experiences of been in the past.The halls lined with tables of happy drinkers of all ages singing and listerning to the band and tucking in to the superb selection of great Bavarian food a joy not to miss.
The Oktober festival grounds are only a short walk away.So if your in the area when the festival is on,its a good place to grab a bite before you set off for another great experience.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Best beer in Munich...end of. But if you also like food then try the sausage platter with red cabbage, mash and sauerkraut it's wunderbar!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We went to the Augustinerbrau with our tour group for our first dinner in Munich. What a great time we had! There were 30 of us, and we ordered the variety trays. I had a few bratwurst and the pretzels were delicious. The beer is awesome and many say the best in Munich. We went through 3 kegs of brew and I had the pleasure of tapping one. My first one ever and it was fun. Our waiter was quick and he was a barrel of laughs too. I highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have read reviews of the place listing its short comings. I imagine your view reflects the one time you got good food or bad service. I have eaten a better resturants and had much worse service. Augustinerbrau is a solid Bavarian restuarant divided into formal indoor seating, ourdoor street, indoor courtyard and beer hall table seating. The food is a fair example of Bavarian staples. If you like pork, chicken, German kraut dishes or hearty deserta this is the place for you. Augustiner beer is in my opinion the best in Munich.