WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #66 of 391 Hotels in Munich
Dublin, Ireland
“Good December Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed here in early December 2012 to visit my brother. My dad also came but had a separate room. There was an initial mix up where they thought we had booked only one room through the third party website. We certainly hadn't as we had even paid for two in advance. It was sorted fairly quickly though.

My room was gigantic, even though a normal price had been paid. I think this was an upgraded room as they had no basic rooms left. I had a huge amount of space and could easily invite my Dad and brother up to chat with no space issues. It was more like a small apartment! My Dad's room was very small in comparison with very little space to move around.

One of the reasons for choosing the hotel was the proximity to the train station and it was very easy to find. It was also within walking distance of the main area and Xmas markets.

The room was very clean and the lighting very modern. The bathroom was cleaned thoroughly and lots of towels were provided.

We did not purchase breakfast and each morning we just went to the train station where we found a good choice of snacks.

The wifi was fast. The only thing was, you had to log on frequently as it kept forgetting the details. My dad never got the wifi to work in his room but it worked fine with my ipad and iphone.

The showers are quite novel and I would not be comfortable staying with someone other than a long term partner in the rooms so watch out for this!

The one thing that did annoy me was the hotel has a price promise that if you find a rate cheaper than theirs, they will match it and give a further 10% off. I did find a cheaper rate on a 3rd party site but when I rang them, they wouldn't honour the price promise, saying the rooms were not available. There was still availability on the 3rd party website so we booked there. I think this is a sneaky way of getting around the promise.

Overall however, I did really like this hotel and cost a lot less than similar alternatives so would likely return if going to Munich again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GuestrelationCity, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Munich City, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Rachie1234,

thank you for taking the time and giving us such a great feedback here on tripadvisor.
You enjoyed your stay with us... that´s really what we´re working for.
Regarding the price promise, can you give me a few more details, please? I would really like to check this again. Please let me know under k.weiss@flemings-hotels.com .
Thank you in advance.

Kathrin Weiß

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for about a week in mid-December 2012. I was using one of the conference rooms and that included lunch in the restaurant.

The front desk and restaurant staff was marvelous. I ate four lunches and my wife and I had dinner one night in the restaurant. The food was very good and comes highly recommended. I really can't say enough about how nice the staff was.

One special treat was a small Christmas market in the hotel courtyard one Saturday while we were there. I assume it was for the staff as well as the guests. Food including nutella crepes, steak sandwiches, a goulash and a pumpkin soup were available. Drinks and nuts were also freely available and all as very good. There was face painting, St Nick, small rides, a wizard, etc for the kids. This was a very unexpected and lovely treat.

The property itself is VERY convenient to the main train station and if you are lucky and plan your subway trips correctly, you can actually get off a train, go up an escalator, and pop onto the street less than a block from the hotel. Very nice.

The rooms themselves were nice enough. As someone pointed out, there is no coffee/tea service in the room and the TVs are not LCDs. Coffee in the room would have been nice but that was no big deal to us. The room cleaning each day was a much bigger deal. Two days we had to ask the maid for toilet paper. The facial tissue ran out and I put the box on top of the dispenser cover. The empty box was removed but a new one didn't appear until I took it off the cart. The room cleaning was modest with empty bottles and dirty glasses staying.

Overall our stay

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear DrJoel,

thank you very much for your great feedback.

It is good to know, that we´re on the right way with our Fleming´s Service.

Also thank you fpr your feedback regarding housekeeping. After getting your feedback, we immediately forwarded it to our headhousekeeper. She talked to the maids and took measures to avoid things like that in the future.

Anyway we´re happy, that you enjoyed our restaurant service and our little christmas market.

Hopefully we may welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Bucharest, Romania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

From the start I want to mention that we stayed at Fleming's in Munich in 2011-2012 New Year's Eve period, as well, and we had absolutely no problem with the hotel. I had plans on adding a review on Tripadvisor about it, but I kept forgetting about doing it.

This year's New Year's Eve period at Fleming's was, on the other hand, not as good as the previous one. Those that use their website for booking the room already know that there is a comments section in there where one can add whatever message desires. As we did last year with the comments section, we asked basically the same thing this year: if possible, a quiet room at one of the upper floors and a one mattress bed, instead of two smaller twin beds. Our choice of the room: Comfort Double Room.

Last year, the person at the reception desk didn't seem to be aware of our comment at the booking time and, as such, we asked again upon checkin to get, if possible, a quiet room with one mattress bed. At that time, our request was possible. This year, though, our request was denied and we ended up receiving a room facing the street, on the second floor with a two mattresses bed.

If last year I wasn't sure they use the information we provided at the booking time on their website, the experience we had this year convinced me of this: the comments section at booking time is ignored.
If the hotel you are booking has in its offer a double room but doesn't guarantee you one type of bed or the other, or doesn't offer you the possibility to choose one option or the other, in my opinion it should at least look at the personal preferences the client has. Also, when the client makes the booking many months ahead and pays in advance, we expect to consider our personal preferences more carefully.

As I already mentioned, last year we didn't have any problems with our stay at Fleming's. Apart from the issue with the type of room, I want to also mention the room wasn't cleaned properly, the furniture not being dusted for at least two weeks, in my opinion. Also, we requested bathrobes, as these weren't provided in the room, by default. After we waited three days to get them, we asked again at the reception the reason of the delay. We were told they don't have bathrobes available at the moment, but we should get some in the next day. We did, but the delay and the fact that we had to ask twice for them wasn't appreciated at all.

The better aspects of our stay: good internet connection, good breakfast, very good location, nothing to complain about the room amenities or the bathroom.

After the experience last year, we had no problem booking again this year at Fleming's, they were our first choice, without hesitation. Unfortunately, for our next stay in Munich we will consider other hotels, as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrei S
Dear Andrei S.,

thank you very much for your feedback.
We´re always happy for feedback since this is the most needed information for us to improve our service.
We´re always trying to meet the wishes of our guests. During christmas and new years period we were booked very well. In those times it can happen, that we have no more rooms available with one big bed. Just let me know your name (under: k.weiss@flemings-hotels.com) and we will take a note in your profile for your next stay that you prefer a room with one big bed.
I´m really sorry, that your room wasn´t cleaned properly. After receiving your comment, I immediatelly forwarded this comment to our head housekeeper. She will take care that things like this will not happen again in the future.

I´m more than happy, that you liked our Fleming´s breakfast an our free of charge wifi connection.

We´re looking forward to welcomeing you back in our hotel soon.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

The Hotel is ok. Don't get your laundry sent out here as it is very expensive - there is no laundry at the hotel - just wait for your next stop. The room is comfortable without being amazing. The beds are very low to the ground so if you have back, knee issues, this is not the place for you. Also the pillows that are initially provided are basically just a sack of air so you'll have to ring for new ones. No flat screen TV in the room and no tea/coffee making facilities in the room - you have to ring down for room service and pay a fair bit for it. The room wasn't cleaned all that thoroughly during our stay - papers left and empty bottles not removed from the room. Overall this hotel is in a great location next to the train station but other than that, it's just ok.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jamesdeird,

thank you very much for your feedback here on tripadvisor.

We´re glad, that you enjoyed your stay with us.

If you need a "higher" bed because of medical issues, we will find a way to provide that for you. Just let us know. We´re also providing a pillow menue with special pillows with special contents - individual for everyone- just for free.
We´re happy to tell you, that we replaced all the "old" TVs with brand new flatscreen ones.
Also we provide tea and coffee making facilities in our masionnette studios - just ask for them at your next booking.
Regarding the cleaning of your room, we forwarded your feedback to our headhousekeeoer. She will take care, that things like this will not happen in the future.

We´re really looking forward to welcomeing you back to our horel soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Train from airport to Hauptbahnhof, take Bayer Strasse exit, cross the rd, turn right, walk 100m and your there. Arrived at 8am in the morning and we were given a room immediately. Nothing like a hot shower after 30 hours of travelling! And the glass bathroom added a lil' something, something - know what I'm saying...
Then full traditional bavarian breakfast - plus fruit, yoghurt, cereal etc for those on the health trip. Even a good variety of sweet pastries for kids young and old.
Free wifi, individual heating, comfortable bed. What more do you want?
Shopping? Exit hotel turn right and walk to Marienplatz. Can be a 10 minute walk, but we took 6 hours and still didn't finish looking at all the shops we wanted too!
Tip - take the extra pillow from the cupboard, the pillows are super thin.
Would love to come back again.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear sydney2040,

thank you for the wonderful feedack here on tripadvisor. We´re really happy, that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Just another little tip: Choose our pillow menue. We´re providing different kinds of pillows with different contents. The individual pillow for everybody!

Hope to see you soon.

Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

We last visited Fleming's in 2008 and chose it again as the location is excellent. Across the road from the main station and with tram stops just outside. The staff were very friendly and efficient. We asked for a quiet room on a high floor and got one overlooking the courtyard - so quiet at night. A very good breakast selection with good coffee. Took a day trip on the S Bahn out to Landsberg am Lech - utterly delightful little town - so picturesque - found a great Italian cafe/restaurant for lunch - excellent and inexpensive compared to Munich.I would certaily recomend Fleming's for a weekend visit.

Room Tip: Ask fr what you want
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GuestrelationCity, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Munich City, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Your a "repeat offender"... great!
We´re happy, that we could meet your expectations for the second time!
Hopefully there will be a third and fourth and fifth.... time!

Alll the best,

Your Fleming´s Team
Almaty, Kazakhstan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

The Fleming's Munich City is ideally located just in front of the Munich Central Train Station (Hauptbahnhof), which is a short walk from the Marienplatz and the shopping area. The hotel delivers right from the start of your stay. It's clean, modern and well run. The presence of own underground parking is another score (16 EUR per night). The room that we had for six nights was a split level maisonette on the sixth floor with a glass walled bathroom (super clean and fresh), coffee machine, two TV's and the upper level lavatory. The room ensured a comfortable and very quite sleep thanx to the sound proof windows and good blinds. The hotel restaurant was superb with international cuisine (at a reasonable price, too), our best compliments to the chef as well as the waiting staff for the wonderful food and service. The reception staff was polite and extended every help that we only needed. The free WIFI was definitely a plus. Additionally, the hotel provided a free mini bar replenished daily. Overall, in this price range this hotel should be a default choice for Munich.

Room Tip: Go for a split level room if you want privacy in your shower
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Wow... what a feedback!
Thank you very much! We´re really happy, that you liked all about Fleming´s Munich City!
Hopefully we may welcome you back to our hotel soon!
Your Fleming´s Team