“Oktobefest,,,no complaints at all”
Review of Hotel Dolomit

Hotel Dolomit
Ranked #263 of 389 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Very nice people at the front desk. Didn't eat at the restaurant so can't rate that. We spent very little time in the room. Was perfect for our use. We did pay the extra to have a deluxe room, some in our party did not. They were cramped and wishing they had. I would stay again if going for Oktobefest, close location.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a deluxe, well worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
MartinaKube, Online Marketing at Hotel Dolomit, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear RitaOH,
thank you very much for your feedback. We hope you enjoyed your time in the Bavarian capital and in Hotel Dolomit. We would be delighted to welcome you again at our hotel.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Hotel Dolomit was by far one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had. I travel on average 2-3 times a month for business and pleasure throughout Europe. I stay in a wide range of hotels from 2-4 stars each time. Hotel Dolomit claimed it was was 3 stars online, 2 stars in reality and was worse than most hostels I stayed at when I backpacked through Europe after college.

Unfortunately due to Oktoberfest there were no other hotels available and I was forced to endure 4 nights at Hotel Dolomit.

Night 1-2: Dirty Room. Smallest 2 person room imaginable. The bed was slightly larger than a single and surrounded by walls on 3 sides such that it was impossible for one person to get up without rolling over the other. The shower curtain was moldy and falling off the wall. The shower temperature would shift from boiling hot to freezing cold without touching the dial.

We complained but I was only offered a smaller room that reeked so much of cigarette smoke I would swear there was a bar inside it.

On nights 3 and 4 we were given a new room at a higher price. This room was at least clean with a functional shower. It is the policy of Hotel Dolomit to charge you up front for your entire stay. So upon checkout we dropped off our key cards. For the record these keycards deactivated themselves 4 times in 4 days. Both people on all 4 occasions. When I dropped off the cards I was informed that the Hotel had decided to charge us for another night as they made a mistake in their original quote on the day we checked in. They claimed I owed another 240 euro for the pervious night.

Naturally I asked to see a manager. Mr. Alexander Knoll the "manager" was a very unpleasant and rude individual who accused my friend an I of trying to skip out on the bill. Refused to listen to the complaints we had with the hotel and demanded we pay the 240 euro despite the horrific stay. Of course we paid and went on our way. I sincerely hope that you will read this and learn from our mistake in staying at this hotel. Nearly 900 euro for 4 nights in the worst hotel of my life. For the record I paid 800 euro for 4 nights at a 4 star hotel on St. Marks Square in Venice during Carnival. Hotel Dolomit is a complete ripoff and a terrible place to stay.

Room Tip: Pay for the upgrade if you must stay here. Otherwise look elsewhere.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank NavyDudes
MartinaKube, Online Marketing at Hotel Dolomit, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear NavyDudes,
thank you very much for your feedback! There is no mention of being a 3 star hotel, it is actually a 2 star hotel in the middle of Munich. We want to apologize for the inconveniences in our hotel, but in our opinion the situation wasn’t as bad as you described it.
Nevertheless, we would be very glad to welcome you again in our hotel.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Hotel Dolomit is centrally located 2** hotel. Hotel is very close Karlsplatz, with U and S bahn you can go whereever you want. Also its very close to hauptbahnhof, besides the positive things the rooms are very close and you can hear everything in your neighbor rooms.
The staff is very friendly and helpful, you can get plenty of alternatives from them.
Last tip; try to get 20's or 21'st rooms of the floors - they are quite bigger then the others ;)
Cheers

Room Tip: Last tip; try to get 20's or 21'st rooms of the floors - they are quite bigger then the othe...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guiness M,
thank you very much for your rating. We hope you had a pleasant stay in our hotel and enjoyed your trip.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We visited Munich with 2 other couples and we booked this hotel together almost a year ago Since it was during the Oktoberfest time, we did expect the price would be much higher. The price that we paid for this 2 stars hotel was more than 3 times of the average price. It was located in a very convenient location but not a very nice area. Down the block, there are casinos, topless bar, and more casinos. However it is very close to the main train station. When we were there, we were assigned 3 rooms. My room was very small but clean. However one of my friend's room was very small and old and not pleasant. My other friend's room was much bigger and nicer. My friend was very upset with the arrangement because we paid the same price. The front desk lady said that they made a mistake to put my other friends in a bigger room. Secondly, we paid such an extremely high price for the room, there was no free wifi, no fridge. The facilities were very poor. I would rate it only a one star hotel. The reception area is so small and the front desk people were not friendly and helpful. Since one couple didn't want anyone to go into their room, the hotel would pay them a 5 euro coupon back to buy drinks. Also our other couple's washroom stink. We won't go again and advise people don't book for this hotel. Another rediculous thing was we had to pay all 4 nights room fees when we checked in. Since we booked this hotel at a higher rate so that we can cancel our booking. Usually the hotel won't charge us until the last day. I think this hotel is a rip off. Don't go.

Room Tip: No good at all
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MaFamily09

Dear MaFamily09,
thank you very much for your review. We are very sorry for the inconveniences in our hotel. But in our opinion the situation wasn’t as bad as you described it. And we are very sorry but we can’t change the area around our hotel. We think that in nearly every city are such areas around the main train station. But it is very safe and there are lots different people around and you don’t have to be scared when you are out at night. Nevertheless, we would be very happy to welcome you again at our hotel.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed her for a weekend while attending Oktoberfest. Great location and plenty of restaurants and bars nearby. Much nicer than I was expecting however still felt a little overpriced. However, that could've just been inflated Oktoberfest prices. I would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2013
MartinaKube, Online Marketing at Hotel Dolomit, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Tim,
thank you very much for your rating! We hope you had a great time on the Oktoberfest and in our hotel. It would be a pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed here with top deck tours for 1 night, beautiful rooms and nice location found it easy enough to get around. Wifi available but at a charge and you can only have 1 code per room makes it hard when sharing a room because only 1 of you can be online at 1 time. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
MartinaKube, Online Marketing at Hotel Dolomit, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Tweetz1610,
thank you very much for your rating! We hope you enjoyed your time in our hotel and in the Bavarian capital. It would be great to welcome you again at our hotel.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I read the TA reviews prior to booking, and the location and price drew me in. Three months in advance, I booked directly with the hotel through their website. Based on the TA reviews, I requested a quiet room at that time.

When we checked in she noticed the quiet room request. However, the only quiet room at this time was a "comfort room" for another 10 euro per night. We're on sabbatical and on a budget, so we passed. The room was on the street side, and now I know that Munich doesn't sleep. Neither did I. Ear plugs helped some.

The next morning I asked about basic vs. comfort rooms, and if any basic rooms were available off the street. "They're all full, but you can upgrade to a quiet comfort room for 10 euro a night." Apparently my request for a quiet room three months in advance was just a "wish," and booking a "comfort room" was the only way to secure that "wish."

So that's customer service at this place. Not only that, but they try to get every penny they can out of their guests. Wifi is 4 euro a day. Coffee and cold drinks are 2.50 euro. Breakfast is 9 euro! Sure this is common, but this is not an island resort. There's free wifi all over town (you can Skype and FaceTime with city wifi at Marienplatz), along with convenient stores and cafes within a block.

The rooms are small and clean, and the bathroom was small and clean (other than the molded caulk). The location is very convenient, just slightly on the rough side. There's no AC, and the provided oscillating fan didn't work. If you close the window you may wake up at one am all sweaty. Did I mention the noise?

We loved Munich, but I recommend exploring you're options instead of staying here.

• Stayed: September 2013
MartinaKube, Online Marketing at Hotel Dolomit, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear LIVE2XPLR,
thank you very much for your feedback. We are very sorry that you couldn’t enjoy the time in our hotel. In our opinion the prices for Wifi, breakfast and drinks are ok. All our windows are soundproof, so the stay in our hotel couldn’t be as bad as you described it. It would be nice if we were to have you back as our guest in our hotel again.