“Excellant for business !! A+++”

Fleming's Hotel Muenchen-Schwabing
Ranked #183 of 382 Hotels in Munich
Tamworth, United Kingdom
“Excellant for business !! A+++”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying 3 nights at Flemings Hotel in Munich during May 2013. An excellant hotel for location, right on leopold strasse and with comfortable rooms (check your room size though, as some are significantly better than others). Nice restaurant for breakfast and good bar for late evening drinks, with some excellant wines on offer.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed 2 nights with breadfast. The room was small but clean. The breakfast was an avarage. I am okay to stay the hotel for busuness/just for sleeping but do not stay for vacation because nothing special.....

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We have just spent a week at this hotel as part of attending the High End Hi-Fi show and felt very comfortable and well looked after in all areas of the hotel. A special mention should go to Martina who's smile and lively personality was always welcome before or after a long days work!
Thanks again....see you next year!

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed here last year, booked 2 rooms and both were very different so beware that some are tiny and others are not. Our room had glass doors to the toilet and shower so no privacy at all. If that's an issue make sure when booking to say this. The bar area is great and on one occasion I had what I thought was a rude bartender etc. I didn't say anything but on the questionnaire when leaving \i did mention it. No names etc. This is where my estimation soared with the management. They wrote apologized and sent me a bar of chocolate to another country. So impressed I've sent groups of friends here. A little bit of common sense and TLC when dealing with people goes a long way. Maybe Im so used to bad customer service that I was stunned when treated well. The breakfast is excellent and the service is also excellent. Its not a cheap hotel and the prices in the bar etc where ok, but well worth it and I will definitely stay here again. Good location also.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank sandraorourkeglynn
GSGMGR, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Muenchen-Schwabing, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear sandraorourkeglynn,

:-)

All the best, Gregor Schertler, General Manager
Breda, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Room nr. 220: I enjoyed after 18:00hrs my room and having to listen to relative little city traffic. You can open the window and some fresh air is gaining access to the room. The hotel has a nice bar and restaurant ... excellent food. Internet access is included in its respectable price. A short description of the room could look like this: small and compact.

If I could provide a recommendation to the hotel then it is to switch the air-conditioner on, as otherwise the small room is 'airless'. Also at night, the air-con is needed in order not to 'overheat ' in bed. Or they want you to open the minibar :-)

The room is what small, if not too compact. For whatever reason, it did not irritated me at all. A small plus is that below my bed light was a power plug extender supplied. Here I could plugin and recharge all my electronics without unplugging several lights to fuel my iPhone, iPad etc.

The staff are welcoming and friendly - I enjoyed my stay and would book again.

Room Tip: My room nr 220 was quieter as that of my colleague 209.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GSGMGR, General Manager at Fleming's Hotel Muenchen-Schwabing, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Dutch4847,
Thank you very much for sharing your impressions here on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear, that we met your expectations.

Our air condition is switched off during the winter months, due to our eco-friendly philosophy and so it is hard to find the right temperature in the early spring months. But please, use the Mini Bar for the drinks, that´s much more fun :-).

In order to welcome you and your colleagues again soon, we already added the preference of the Room 220 to your guest profile.
Kind regards, Gregor Schertler - General Manager
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

I cannot fault the bathrooms at the hotel but the rooms are small and they get hot very quickly. i had to open and close the window on a regular basis throughout the night which interrupted my sleep as well!

The Spa and Sauna is basic but nice and the shower there is very nice on your body. This is a good hotel for 1 person per room but no more than that.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms to not face the main road as it is a busy thoroughfare
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank ManuelLove
GSGMGR, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Muenchen-Schwabing, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear ManuelLove

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience on tripadvisor.
The two different types of sauna are the perfect start to a relaxed evening. Yes, you are right, under the rainfall showers you can spoil yourself.

I was very sorry to read about the room temperature issue. Please except my apologies for the inconvenience this caused you. Most of our guests prefer warm and cosy rooms in the wintertime, especially when the outside temperature is below zero degrees Celsius; for this reason we keep the room temperature at an average 21 C° for the time of arrival. Please advise us in advance when you next visit so that we can reduce the temperature to your liking through the individually radiator control.

In the meantime, all the best. Gregor Schertler, General Manager
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed there for two nights from Dec.30 2012 to Jan 1, 2013. We were originally given a smoking room, though we asked for a non-smoking one. The staff was very good and found us a non-smoking double. The room itself was large but very poorly laid out. Vast spaces without a couch or an extra chair. The bathrooms (one toilet, one for shower and sink) were, given the size of the room, miniscule and extremely poorly designed. In the shower-sink area, there were no hooks to hang things up such as towels. There were no shelves to place things like cosmetics, pills, shavers etc. The sink looked very modern but was not very practical. The shower head was fine and the hot water plentiful, but the room, on the whole, was a disaster. The toilet area had a sink but the water pressure was so low that it could not be really used except to rinse the hands. And again, there was no space to put hings. IN my report to the hotel, I suggested they hire a woman to redesign all of their spaces. The room was also very badly lighted: no lighting on the closet for the clothes, which made it very difficult to figure out what color one was wearing. For a hotel that claims to cater to a business community, I can't understand why they make it virtually impossible to read in a decent light.

The location is excellent--not scenic, but close to major transportation and a short walk to Muencher Freiheit. The staff is excellent--charming, helpful and professional. The breakfast very good: besides the normal fare of a good German hotel breakfast (a nice buffet with a large selection), the also offered freshly cooked eggs and bacon to order--perfectly done. the parking fees were, in my opinion, overpriced.

In short the theory was there, only implementing it needs more work. I'm not sure if we will return, but we're not opposed to the idea.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a non-smoking room in advance if you wish one. Also try to get a room on the s...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GSGMGR, Manager at Fleming's Hotel Muenchen-Schwabing, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Fiu222,
thank you very much for your detailed review, however I am sorry to hear that our Hotel didn’t fully meet your expectations.
Minibal design is one component of the Fleming’s standards, however your observations and suggestions are indeed useful and reasonable and we will check what changes would be possible to make in the rooms so that the stay of our guest will be even more convenient.
Regarding the caused inconvenience because of the smoking /non-smoking room issue please accept my apologies, and I can assure you that it won’t happen the next time you honour us with your visit.
Thank you for your nice & positive review regarding our staff, location and breakfast – such words are always a great motivation to our team!
We are always trying to do our best to make all our Guests satisfied and we really hope to welcome you back soon!
Yours sincerely, Gregor Schertler, General Manager