Wombat's Munich
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
City Hotel(Munich)
1,211 results
All reviewsbed dormwombats hostelfree walking tourfantastic hosteltrain stationdachau tourfun barcommon roomcheap breakfastclean sheetsbar downstairslounge areaown bathroomgreat facilitiescommon areasperson roomkey card
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The location was excellent and the rooms were very clean. However, the extras made it extremely expensive compared to other hostels I've stayed in. The washing machines were expensive, as too was the breakfast. The all-you-can-eat breakfast was €3.80. I physically couldn't eat enough to make this breakfast worth the money. I know it's not the hostels fault that they don't have a kitchen, but I thought that considering this they'd let you have food in your room, but not so. No kitchen and not being allowed to make food in your room made cooking for yourself and avoiding the expensive breakfast very difficult. I expected better from Wombats.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This hostel is a very nice place with a pleasant and gentle staff. Very clean and with some useful facilities. The hostel bar is nice, great beer. The hostel has a perfect location, really close to the train and bus station.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I booked a private room with a bathroom for 3 nights when I was staying in Munich with a friend this month. The hostel was updated, well decorated, and nicely painted. It was also clean and the common areas seem to be well maintained. Our room on the 5th floor also had a private terrace which was a nice surprise. The train station is across the street which makes traveling through out and between cities really easy. It also had an elevator which makes carrying backpacks up the the higher floors much much easier!

However, I would absolutely never stay at this hostel again. After checking in, and paying in full for all 3 days, we attempted to take a shower in our bathroom and there was absolutely no hot water. The only water was ice cold and the water pressure was so bad that water actually stopped coming out of the faucet at times. When we went down stairs to complain to the desk the employee stated that they knew this was an ongoing problem and that we were welcome to use the communal shower on the second floor. After paying extra money to stay in a private room with a bathroom I feel that this was completely unacceptable. Since this was a known problem, we should have been notified of this upon checking in or offered some sort of discount. I respect the fact that a problem such as this may take a while to fix, what I don't understand is why we weren't notified about this ahead of time. When I mentioned this to the staff the answer was very "textbook" and rehearsed, something along the lines of we will discuss this with our staff members. There was definitely an impersonal vibe about the hostel.

Other than the issue with the hot water the hostel was okay. Good bar with reasonable drink prices compared to restaurants with nice bar tenders. Our room was small and pretty hot with no AC but that was expected. Free WiFi was nice but only being able to use it on the first floor was a pain, especially since it was hard to find somewhere to sit because it was always so crowded downstairs with other people trying to get an internet connection.

I wouldn't stay here again. I've heard great things about the Euro Youth Hostel down the street so if I'm ever back in Munich I'd stay there instead.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hostel was great. The staff were very nice and welcoming, the rooms were a good size and cleaned daily, beds were comfortable, and they were nice sturdy bunks, not rattly shaky ones! Breakfast was only €4 or €5 extra and it was worth it.. They had tea, coffee, juice, bread, spreads, cereal and some fruit which was great. My only annoyance was that the toilet and shower weren't separate, so I had to wait for someone to take a shower just to go to the toilet. Overall a great place though and in easy walking distance to Marianplatz. I am going back to Munich and will definitely be staying at Wombats again!

Room Tip: The first night I stayed there I was in a room on the road side so it was pretty noisy, but then I moved to the other side and the room was a lot quieter!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Good hostel. Great location! Rooms big for 8 bed form. Clean and all you need. Wifi in main lobby downstairs. Decent breakfast and good value. Close to main train station and 5-10 min walk from main action

• Stayed: July 2013