“Beautiful park and great kaiserschmarm”

Botanischer Garten Muenchen-Nymphenburg
Ranked #16 of 345 things to do in Munich
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Lovely quiet park for a walk on a sunny day. Very peaceful and enjoyable. Enjoy the shade, boat on the lake or laze in the sun. Avert eyes from the occasional naturist (all male and middle aged in our case) and jump out of the way of the cyclists. then reward yourself with some very nice food and drink at the Chinese tower's amazing biergarten. The fresh kaiserschmarm, with stewed plums instead of the usual apple sauce, was our favourite. (Ok, it's a kind of caramelised chopped pancake dessert.)

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"cactus"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

An excellent collection of plants arranged in a number of different way (e.g. by family, countries of origin, climate).

Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is a great botanical garden with a fabulous selection of plants. Come in late May to see the spectacular Rhododendrums.

Easy access on a Munich Tram.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We love gardens. This one did not disappoint. Open to the public and full of tourists. The layout was magnificent and the condition of the place was immaculate.

1  Thank Doc M
See more reviews
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Found this by chance when visiting Nymphenburg Palace, I first thought it was part of the Palace but it was not. I was lucky enough to visit Rhododendrons were in bloom as they are my favorite flower. I saw so many kinds of Rhododendrons and the colors were amazing I was also happy to signs with the names of each kind. I was totally blown away but it all. They also had greenhouses and they were wonderful, one had a pond of turtles and I just enjoyed watching them swim or just on the rocks. The gardens just seemed to go on and on, even though I saw a lot looking it up later I realized I missed some. I enjoyed this place more than Nymphenburg Palace, reasonable admission fee of 4 euro was a steal. This was the highlight of my visit to Munich.