“Excellent!”

Ranked #20 of 346 things to do in Munich
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We love gardens. This one did not disappoint. Open to the public and full of tourists. The layout was magnificent and the condition of the place was immaculate.

1  Thank Doc M

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Found this by chance when visiting Nymphenburg Palace, I first thought it was part of the Palace but it was not. I was lucky enough to visit Rhododendrons were in bloom as they are my favorite flower. I saw so many kinds of Rhododendrons and the colors were amazing I was also happy to signs with the names of each kind. I was totally blown away but it all. They also had greenhouses and they were wonderful, one had a pond of turtles and I just enjoyed watching them swim or just on the rocks. The gardens just seemed to go on and on, even though I saw a lot looking it up later I realized I missed some. I enjoyed this place more than Nymphenburg Palace, reasonable admission fee of 4 euro was a steal. This was the highlight of my visit to Munich.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was with my parents and my little brother back in 2008 and it was magical, I'd definitely recommend it to anyone with kids or a partner because it's so beautiful, peaceful, romantic and harmonic :)
best regards

2  Thank dora4444
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Didn't expect much but we were blown away by the immaculately maintained garden and the colorful blooms. The stroll through the garden is well worth the time.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

The wide gamut of plants, trees, flowering bushes, each identified by their origin and botanical and common name is truly awesome. This was the highlight of a 7-day holiday in Munich and surroundings and the sheer biodiversity in this well maintained facility was very impressive.

Go see it and do not miss especially the 12-sectioned greenhouse.