“great place for great price”

MEININGER Hotel Munich City Center
Ranked #8 of 78 Specialty Lodging in Munich
Reviewed March 11, 2014

had a great time here with good price and great amenities. kitchen was useful and the place is a little dirty but great for oktoberfest. also had tv and free wifi, nice bar below to hang out and get to know other travelers.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Meininger H, Receptionist at MEININGER Hotel Munich City Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Hi there,

thank you for your review!
We're happy you enjoyed staying here and hanging out in our newly renovated bar.
It would be great to welcome you again in one of the many MEININGER Hotels all around Europe.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I spent four nights here at the head of a school trip. The single rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. Perhaps a bit noisy at night depending on the groups circulating, but the front works effectively to keep noise on the floors to a reasonable minimum and late night revelry downstairs.
My students all had positive things to say about the multi-person and dorm-style rooms as well.
Good buffet, convenient location near the main train station, from which it's easy to get anywhere.
The best Bavarian food we ate was at the Augustiner restaurant across the street.
All in all, I'd say it was a fantastic deal for the price.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Hello,

thank you for your kind review.
We're happy to hear your students and you enjoyed your stay in Munich and in our Hotel.
We would like to welcome you again in the future!

Best wishes from Munich,

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I cannot fault my recent stay at the Meininger Hotel, whilst attending a conference at LMU. The double room was very clean and modern, and even included a TV and free WIFI. The bathroom was spotless, the shower always hot, and towels and hairdryer were provided. Breakfast was included but even at 5.50 euros on top of your stay I would recommend it. Although the custard and ice cream cones were an interesting addition to the buffet one morning. For a euro per roll you could even take away your lunch.

Reception were very friendly and helpful, providing advice on travel around the city and further a field to go snowboarding. You can get travel tickets at reception, although I'd advise getting an Isarcard which is much better value as it provides unlimited use of public transport for 7 days. The tram is right outside, and the train station 5 minutes walk away which takes you on the s-bahn and u-bahn. You can walk into the centre of Munich in 20-30 minutes and theres a great beer hall across the street.

Just be aware it is a hostel so you can get rowdy groups but on the upside there's a pool table.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Meininger H, Receptionist at MEININGER Hotel Munich City Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Hi,
thanks a lot for your great review!
We're glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel!
Make sure to visit us again next time you're in Munich!
Take care,

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Randomly picked this hotel on the last minute before going to munich..

Location is nice. A few blocks away from munchen hbf and hackerbrucke station. The tram is available in front of the hotel

The reception staffs are pretty nice, friendly and helpful.

I stayed in a triple room with family. The room is on the 4th floor. Room is pretty spacious compared to what we had in amsterdam. Elevator is available although its so slow. The stairs is available next to the elevator. I somehow prefer using the stairs.

I guess the hotel has everything we need for a good value.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Hi there,
first of all I want to thank you for choosing Meininger and for this very nice comment!
I'm happy you had a great stay here and I will pass the compliments on to the staff!
We'll see you next time you're in Munich :)

Reviewed February 11, 2014

When I came back to the hotel in the evening, I realised that my luggage lock was forced and broken. Fortunately, thieves couldn´t open my luggage.
Besides, when I denounced my case in reception, nobody was interested in my problem. A receptionist told me that they´ll investigate it, but she didn´t. Her workmate didn´t know absolutely nothing the next morning.
In brief, be careful with your luggage in this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Meininger H, Front Office Manager at MEININGER Hotel Munich City Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Hi,
first of all I want to thank you for taking the time and writing this review.
Honest feedback is very important for us to improve our service.
Therefore I want to apologize that the staff did't properly investigate the incident and hand over the necessary imformation to the next shift.
I will make sure the staff will keep an eye on that in the future.
I hope you had a good time in Munich anyways.
Safe travels!

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Got into town really late by bus and needed something clean and close. This was about 3 blocks from the train station, clean, had great wifi, a bar, good breakfast, nice rooms. I had a bunk in a Dorm but the bed was solid, linens were clean, typical lumpy pillow, nice bathrooms and place to lock up my stuff. The staff was friendly and spoke English when I did not know the German words.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Meininger H, Receptionist at MEININGER Hotel Munich City Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Hi!
Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear you were satisfied with your stay here.
Would be great to have you back here next time you visit Munich.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

We were 4 friends (2 couples) who stayed for 2 nights in a 4-people room. We had a double bed + a bunk bed. The room was nice, comfy, with a private mini-bathroom. It was on the 5th floor with windows on the street. The floor (nor the street) wasn't noisy so we had no trouble sleeping. We also had free WiFi in the rooms, so that was a great plus. They also have a big and secure luggage room - if you need to stay longer on your last day.
Only downside was maybe the very slooooow elevator - not practical when you have big luggages and many floors to go up.
The kitchen was very small (so not many people can eat at the same time) and pretty messy, but it has everything to prepare your lunch or dinner. One morning we did find it lock, which was not very practical for breakfast.
We took their breakfast one morning which is a little expansive for what you get, but if you don't have anything else and everything around is closed, it can be practical.
It's a little off center, but there's a tram and s-bahn station very near that can get you anywhere.
Overall, very good for the price, especially during the Holidays... and there's the Augustiner B

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Hi there,
thank you for your kind comment. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here.
We clean our guest kitchen twice every day (once in the morning and once in the afternoon) to keep the chaos under control, but sometimes it's still a bit messy. But I can asure you we're working on that.
The guest kitchen door is usually closed but you can always enter with your keycard. In case your key doesn't work on the kitchen door, we're happy to help you with it at the reception.
See you next time you're in Munich!
Safe travels,