I spent four nights here at the head of a school trip. The single rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. Perhaps a bit noisy at night depending on the groups circulating, but the front works effectively to keep noise on the floors to a reasonable minimum and late night revelry downstairs.
My students all had positive things to say about the multi-person and dorm-style rooms as well.
Good buffet, convenient location near the main train station, from which it's easy to get anywhere.
The best Bavarian food we ate was at the Augustiner restaurant across the street.
All in all, I'd say it was a fantastic deal for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Weisswurst, pork knuckles, football and a large beer - welcome to Munich! The MEININGER Hotel Munchen City Center is located centrally - 2.5 Km from the main railway station - opposite the Augustiner Braustuben and next to the Theresienwiese that hosts the biggest fair in the world, the Oktoberfest. MEININGER offers more than just low-cost accommodation: free WiFi, lobby, hotel bar, guest kitchen and games room where you can meet our international guests in a relaxed atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HostelWorld, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your MEININGER Hotel Munich City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meininger City Hostel And Hotel
- Meininger City Hotel Munich