Bold Hotel Munchen Giesing
Hotel Website
$157
$130
  • Restaurant
Leonardo Hotel & Residence Munich(Munich)(Great Value!)
$105
$82
  • Restaurant
Hotel Cocoon Sendlinger Tor(Munich)(Great Value!)
$117
$108
  • Bar/Lounge
$200
$186
$208
$201
  • Breakfast included
Carat Hotel & Apartments Munchen(Munich)(Great Value!)
$169
$260
$252
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewscity centrehotel openedtrendy hotelhour barbudget optionsmall kitcheneasy ridethe nearest train stationminutes walkingour night stayblock walknice stayreception deskbreakfast was deliciouspublic transportationrooms are largeenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 8, 2014

There's a reason why review after review of the Bold Hotel München is so positive. Without being too dramatic, I have to say absolutely loved staying here. Friendly and attentive staff, very clean rooms, and modern decor make this place a great all around choice for lodging in München.

We stayed here for a total of 5 nights on a recent vacation in Germany, France, and Switzerland. We spent most of our time exploring München but also visited other towns of Bayern. Check-in was easy and the staff spoke English which was very helpful (although I always like to attempt a little bit of German). We checked into a room with a terrace which was a nice touch. The weather was unseasonably warm and pleasant so having the terrace was a nice bonus. The rooms are small as expected in most European cities but still plenty of room. There was also a nice kitchenette. The bathroom was very clean and well-stocked and the bed extremely comfy.

We ate a meal or two in the hotel when we were feeling a tad exhausted. The cafe was actually pretty good and the staff was really kind. We had trouble one day booking tickets on a German only website for the bus and the front desk staff was so helpful and helped through the whole checkout process on my iPad.

Among all the great things about the property, the only one slight negative would the long distance from the city center. But, there's still great access to the transit lines with access to both trams and the SBahn within a few city blocks. You can easily be in the city center in 15 minutes. If you plan to use the kitchenette in your room, there's a grocery market just down the block which is very handy.

In the end, I am so glad we chose to stay at the Bold Hotel. It made our stay in München that much more enjoyable and easy. München is one of my favorite cities to visit so I'm sure we'll be back which will make the Bold Hotel a likely choice again!

Room Tip: Get a room with a terrace, it's worth a few extra euros!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Ben L
BOLDHotel, Manager at Bold Hotel Munchen Giesing, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Dear Ben L,

many thanks for the wonderful review. This is exactly the type of experience we strive to create and I am delighted to know that you enjoyed every aspect of it.
Don´t take to much time and visit us soon.

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Arrived today. Really like this hotel. Nice staff. Got parking in 2 minutes below the hotel.
The room: 3.5 meters to the ceiling. Grey modern look. The bathroom is one of the best I've seen. Refridgerator. Nice price too.
Can't write more, the prediction in SwiftKey is crazy (swedish setting :-)

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tapio F

Dear Tapio F,

I am thrilled to know that you had a wonderful experience at the BOLD Hotel. All of your kind words about your stay with us are great to hear and I am pleased that you enjoyed Munich.
I also thank you for your feedback about our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights in may. After travelling from the airport we finally managed to locate the hotel. It's about 10 mins walk from the train station! It can be difficult to find as it's in a residential area. Some shops nearby for snacks and a lovely bakery where we grabbed pastry and coffee for breakfast one morning. Hotel is quirky and quite basic. Bed extremely comfy. Not much storage but handy hanging area for clothes. Bathroom great. Huge shower. Sound proof rooms. Expensive bar so avoid buying water or beer down there! Grab it from the shops like us. Overall good value but expect to travel for the centre!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JessieB924

Dear JessieB92,

It is with great pleasure that I read about your recent stay with us and I am delighted that you took some wonderful memories away with you. It's also my pleasure to know that you felt well cared for by our team. I shall share your kind comments with everyone here and we look forward to your next visit, which hopefully will be in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

So hotel is very nice clean and nice style. Bed very comfortable clean and quiet. Th most not nice person in that hotel is reception women she is not smily, even not nice. With dirty grassy hair and if you ask her something she is very not nice to answer or for help. Her name is Sammy.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank MarlenaSB
BOLDHotel, Manager at Bold Hotel Munchen Giesing, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Dear MarlenaSB,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your most recent visit to the BOLD Hotel Munich.
I appreciate your kind words regarding your stay and I am very happy that you enjoyed our style and your room.
Your comment about our staff member is not very nice, neither professionell for a traveller.
I do nevertheless hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Fantastic hotel with great staff and wonderful breakfast for the price. It was wonderful! The location isn't in the city center, but close to a Tram stop and Metro station so its no big deal. Quiet neighborhood, very low key and relaxed residential area.
A couple of things that were awesome: The shower was GLORIOUS. Stylish, extremely clean, and EXCELLENT water pressure. No silly paintings of landscapes or regular hotel 'artwork'. All very modern and tasteful. The staff SMILE in the morning, and I don't think they get paid extra for that. Excellent parking under the hotel, locked up, for only 10 euros per day. The staff was young, the hotel geared towards a younger clientelle, and very clean.
My favorite part: NO CARPET. My allergies were thankful for that fact.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the side away from the train tracks if you sleep with the window open. Its not a big deal, but they start running at 5 in the morning.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kate M

Dear Kate M,

All of your kind words about your stay with us are great to hear, and I am very happy that you had a memorable experience.
It's also wonderful to know that you felt well cared for by our team and I thank you for the mentioned issues.
Rest assured that I will share your feedback with everyone here and we truly look forward to welcoming you back soon.