“Very good”

Bold Hotel Muenchen
Ranked #47 of 382 Hotels in Munich
“Very good”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Nice hotel with clean rooms and very friendly and helpful staff. The location is a little bit far from the downtown but the public transport stops (tram or metro U-bahn) is few minutes walk. Supermarket is close as well. Breakfast was good buffet style (plus 8 euro for breakfast). I stayed in the hotel with my colleague and we had to share one double bed because in whole hotel there is no room with separed beds. Next the hotel there was a warehouse and it was noisy in the early morning but we got up early morning so it does not matter. Only these inconveniences. Next time I would stay in this hotel for sure again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
BOLDHotel, Manager at Bold Hotel Muenchen, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Makil M,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Many thanks for your kind words which I will share with the rest of the team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards, R.Broschart, BOLD Teammanager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Attard, Malta
Reviewed May 17, 2014

This is a very good hotel and I would highly recommend. It is a modern and cozy hotel with very helpful and friendly staff who all spoke good English. We took the comfortable apartment which was a reasonable size for a couple, the bathroom was always clean and the kitchenette was well equipped to suite our needs. It is a bit away from the city center however we found that a good tram service passes not far from the hotel (about 5 mins walk to the stop) which takes you directly to the city center and back. Definitely would stay again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie B
Dear Stephanie B,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the BOLD Hotel Munich and many thanks for your kind words. It is great to hear that your experience with us was most enjoyable and that you truly appreciated every aspect of your stay.
I will be delighted to share your comments with the rest of the team here and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Tonbridge
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is a very good, well appointed, affordable, comfortable hotel with excellent breakfasts and helpful friendly staff - if you want food and it's not available they'll send out for it. But it is a bit of a rail journey and a bit of a walk away from the centre

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear JohnSTonbridge,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your most recent visit to the BOLD Hotel Munich.
I appreciate your kind words regarding your stay and I am very happy that you enjoyed your time with us.
I do nevertheless hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the very near future.

Chaniá, Khania, Greece
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Cozy and beautiful hotel! Decoration reminds a modern home..! Rooms are big enough, very nice decorated, bathroom very clean, big and modern. Generally gives you a very friendly feeling.. The breakfast is very good with variety of fresh products. Would recommend it !

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Vera K,

All of your kind words about your stay with us are great to read, and I am very happy that you chose the BOLD Hotel for your visit in Munich!
I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your visit and that you left the hotel with such good memories.
I will make sure that I share your comments with the rest of the team here and I truly hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I'm reluctant to post this review as I do not want to give away the name and location of an excellent hotel in case I need it again.
Its very modern and spotlessly clean a modern minimalist hotel.
Its approx a 10 min taxi drive to Munich city centre, you could walk it if your keen but the up side is its very quiet at night.
Its a place to sleep in excellent rooms and surroundings.
The reception has a small bar and there is a limited selection of food, if you want to eat in style there are scores of excellent restaurants in Munich. The hotel has secure underground parking, a hidden gem at a very reasonable price. Will use it again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
BOLDHotel, Manager at Bold Hotel Muenchen, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Vultch,

Thank you for taking the time to write and let us know about your experience at the BOLD Hotel Munich. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, from your room, to the Bar, to the distance to the city centre and the hotel ambience and location.

Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stayed in the BOLD hotel for 6 nights during a trip to Europe. It was a relaxing home away from home. The room (and the bed especially!) was comfortable and had everything we needed. The breakfast, though it seems pricey at 8 euro per person per day, is WORTH IT. Breakfast is hard to come by in Europe and the breakfast at BOLD is delicious and fills you up to keep you from spending a zillion Euros on food during the day.

It's definitely not in the center, but once you get oriented with the public transit in Munich you'll realize it's not too far. The #17 tram is a short walk away and the trains at the Giesing Bahnhof is just a little farther. Both take you to the center within 15/20 mins.

Finally, I want to especially say how much I loved the staff. Everyone was friendly, efficient, and accommodating. I really enjoyed chatting with the folks running the breakfast and the 24 hour bar. I can't think why I would ever stay anywhere else when I'm in Munich.

Go BOLD, everyone!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sam J
Dear Sam J,

I am thrilled to know that you had a wonderful experience at the BOLD Hotel.
All of your kind words about your stay with us are great to hear, and I am very happy that we contributed in makingyour stay a memorable experience to you.
I will happily share your kind words with our team here and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Well, parking slot. But they have that too (underground garage, 10 €/day, unlimited entrance in & out with room key, even BMW X6 fits in nicely).

Hotel is new, I would say brand new. Hotel is modern and filled with BOLD jokes in German that I don't fully understand but it only makes them better. =D Rooms don't have any useless junk that you find in "business" hotels that will make you pay them too much.

Free Internet connection via Wi-Fi (only) works well (usual boring hotel login stuff with captive portal, with repetitive need for login again, but it works) and rooms have bed, shower and TV (Toshiba, where you can stick your USB-key and play movies, with some trickery as there is not too much room behind TV. ;-)

If you don't want to pay for extra services you don't need and you either have car or are comfortable to take tram to city center this is hotel for you.

Bar has good simple food and drinks available and helpful staff fluent with English. There is even a vending machine downstairs if you are too afraid to talk to people. =D I would even say that is most modern hotel I have ever stayed in Germany. So far nothing to complain.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Travelingwithstyle
Dear Travelingwithstyle,

It is with great pleasure that I read about your recent stay and I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.
It sounds like you truly enjoyed the BOLD experience, which gives me great pleasure.
I will make sure to share your kind comments with the rest of the team here and I look forward to welcoming you again soon!