“WHAT A WONDERFUL HOTEL”

Ranked #218 of 383 Hotels in Munich
Cavan, Cavan, Ireland
“WHAT A WONDERFUL HOTEL”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This hotel is not only fantastic value but a wonderful place to stay. It is only a stone's throw from the underground (U Bann), bus stop and tram stop and only 10-15 min to city centre. The room was incredibly spacious (supreme) and the bed sooo comfortable. The staff were incredibly friendly, courteous and could not be more helpful....especially when we would come in late at night looking for recommendations for Bier at the bar!!! It was incredibly clean and the food was wonderful at breakfast each morning with a good selection. As breakfast is not included in the price, the hotel depends on guests to be honest as no record is kept of breakfasts eaten. I cannot recommend this hotel enough and will certainly be returning as we did not get much chance to sightsee as we were over for family wedding and Munich looks like a wonderful city.

Room Tip: Book largest rooms as they are best value - only downside I could see was wheelchair accessiblility...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The room was modern, nice and spacy, beds were good, breakfast was abundant and the hotel close to a metro station that is only four stops away from the central station. There was absolutely nothing to complain about. Also there are several restaurants in the area. Not to forget: free wifi.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Nuremberg, Germany
Reviewed March 17, 2013

It is a small hotel at a busy road and is located close to a tube- and tram-station (Wettersteinplatz): so the rooms to the street are surely noisier than the one I stayed in in on the back of the hotel. I asked for reservation of a quiet room and I got one. The room was very clean and furbished in a typical "hotel-way": simple and functional. There was no mini-bar and no other specials on the room (like bathrobe and so on), but in the hotel-lobby one could buy drinks and snacks the hole day (maybe even during the night - I didn´t try). The breakfast was a normal breakfast buffet as one is used from other hotels. I asked with my online-booking for glutenfree bread and I got it :-)
The staff is very friendly and helpful - but I knew the region and Munich, so I didn´t challenge them.
Close to the hotel is a small supermarket, a "bio-store", other shops and - as a neighbour - a small and good indian restaurant.
I would stay there again - even for a private holiday - because the tube- and tram-station are optimal, the price is - for Munich - moderate and I like the surrounding: here people (and only few tourists) live, it´s not so far to the Isar, the Zoo and also not to the centre of the city.
What I missed most - but that´s a special - was a "shoe-shine-machine" (it was winter with a lot of snow and salt on the streets). I also missed the mini-bar or at least a bottle of water on the room, but if you know that and adopt to it your stay comes cheaper then in the big hotels in the touristy areas.

Room Tip: If you need a "silent night" book a room to the back or courtyard of the hotel - but I thi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed in the Wetterstein Hotel for 2 nights. The hotel is located less than 5minutes walk from Wettersteinplatz metro station which is 4 stops away from Hauptbahnhof (Central Station).
Room was absolutely spotless. I have to say that I travel a lot and I have not seen such a clean room/bathroom since ages. The room we stayed in was very spacious, same the bathroom. The interior design of rooms, lobby and restaurant is very cosy. I had a feeling like being at home. We did not have breakfast during our stay however breakfast is available in the restaurant every morning for €10. The reception staff was very helpful and friendly. All staff speak very good English. Over all, it was a very good and pleasant stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel and if I am again in Muncih, I will be back to Wetterstein for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Me, my wife and a couple of friends stayed at the Wetterstein during the Oktoberfest. It has a good location, right opposite the U Bahn so very convenient if you are going to Oktoberfest. The front desk staff could be better- Me and my friend had booked rooms at the same price but somehow we were given a bigger room than them. The reception did not entertain their request for a room change. Otherwise, no issues with the hotel. Clean, comfortable and quiet rooms with free wifi. The best part of the hotel was the gourmet breakfast- the best spread we saw in our entire Europe trip. Variety of sausages, cold cuts, cheeses, eggs, fruits, fresh juices, breads etc. That itself made up for the small niggles we faced. Overall, a good stay.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the ground floor or first floor where they have larger rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Disappointing stay to end our Europe trip almost ruined our 10 year anniversary. We paid extra for a suite but it is not in the hotel you have to walk down the street and there are no lifts. Quiet end of Munich was safe enough but felt a bit isolated. Right near the metro station at least so that was very convenient to get to oktberfest. Room was spacious modern had just been renovated we were told clean enough but there was like building dust left on the floor and bed was comfortable. There were NO TOWELS when we asked they said they were short staffed and we would have to come back, not very friendly staff. There was NO WIFI which was disappointing if it wasnt Oktoberfest I would have looked for another HOTEL. There was no LAUNDRY MAT as advertised. We couldnt leave soon enough.

Room Tip: Find another HOTEL if you book well in advance for Oktoberfest.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 30sumthings

Travelers are raving about these Munich hotels

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I think it is the worst hotel I have ever seen, especially in Germany.

and I will not focus my review on the quality of the hotel (yes, sleep with the sink basin in the room at 30cm from the pillow is not the best ....) but on the impropriety of reception: first asking for 15 Euro for parking, you pay then they tell you that parking (pulling out a map) is located at a considerable distance from the hotel!

To my complaint I said I'd parked along the street and he was able to give me back the money because I paid with credit card.

Mattress broken, probably very old.

This for me is a way to cheat the customers, I was not ever a similar treatment, and the receptionist was also annoyed!

Absurd.

Also the price is too high for the actual value of the hotel which has a shower, sink and toilet in three separate compartments in your room (not in a small room separated).

A never meet again.