“Spotless”
Review of Wetterstein Hotel

Wetterstein Hotel
Ranked #225 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed in the Wetterstein Hotel for 2 nights. The hotel is located less than 5minutes walk from Wettersteinplatz metro station which is 4 stops away from Hauptbahnhof (Central Station).
Room was absolutely spotless. I have to say that I travel a lot and I have not seen such a clean room/bathroom since ages. The room we stayed in was very spacious, same the bathroom. The interior design of rooms, lobby and restaurant is very cosy. I had a feeling like being at home. We did not have breakfast during our stay however breakfast is available in the restaurant every morning for €10. The reception staff was very helpful and friendly. All staff speak very good English. Over all, it was a very good and pleasant stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel and if I am again in Muncih, I will be back to Wetterstein for sure.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Wetterstein Hotel

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Me, my wife and a couple of friends stayed at the Wetterstein during the Oktoberfest. It has a good location, right opposite the U Bahn so very convenient if you are going to Oktoberfest. The front desk staff could be better- Me and my friend had booked rooms at the same price but somehow we were given a bigger room than them. The reception did not entertain their request for a room change. Otherwise, no issues with the hotel. Clean, comfortable and quiet rooms with free wifi. The best part of the hotel was the gourmet breakfast- the best spread we saw in our entire Europe trip. Variety of sausages, cold cuts, cheeses, eggs, fruits, fresh juices, breads etc. That itself made up for the small niggles we faced. Overall, a good stay.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the ground floor or first floor where they have larger rooms
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Disappointing stay to end our Europe trip almost ruined our 10 year anniversary. We paid extra for a suite but it is not in the hotel you have to walk down the street and there are no lifts. Quiet end of Munich was safe enough but felt a bit isolated. Right near the metro station at least so that was very convenient to get to oktberfest. Room was spacious modern had just been renovated we were told clean enough but there was like building dust left on the floor and bed was comfortable. There were NO TOWELS when we asked they said they were short staffed and we would have to come back, not very friendly staff. There was NO WIFI which was disappointing if it wasnt Oktoberfest I would have looked for another HOTEL. There was no LAUNDRY MAT as advertised. We couldnt leave soon enough.

Room Tip: Find another HOTEL if you book well in advance for Oktoberfest.
2  Thank 30sumthings
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I think it is the worst hotel I have ever seen, especially in Germany.

and I will not focus my review on the quality of the hotel (yes, sleep with the sink basin in the room at 30cm from the pillow is not the best ....) but on the impropriety of reception: first asking for 15 Euro for parking, you pay then they tell you that parking (pulling out a map) is located at a considerable distance from the hotel!

To my complaint I said I'd parked along the street and he was able to give me back the money because I paid with credit card.

Mattress broken, probably very old.

This for me is a way to cheat the customers, I was not ever a similar treatment, and the receptionist was also annoyed!

Absurd.

Also the price is too high for the actual value of the hotel which has a shower, sink and toilet in three separate compartments in your room (not in a small room separated).

A never meet again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Benevelli
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We found all the receptionists to be very helpful & of course we appreciated that they could speak English. Our room was recently redone & had a modern look to it- it almost seemed like it wasn't finished yet. A few weird things with the room- there was no phone and the heat only comes on when it gets cold enough. Coming from Phoenix we thought it was plenty cold enough but we were fairly comfortable anyway. We did have the breakfast, it was good, plenty to choose from. It is close to a U Bahn station so that was nice.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

I have almost completely forgotten this hotel and I stayed there just over a week ago.

However, I do remember it being of reasonable value for Munich and extremely close to an U-Bahn station.

The bed was comfortable as well, but otherwise, it’s an utterly forgettable and soulless place that should be considered only as somewhere for sleeping.

I’d love to say more, but I really can’t.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I was in Munich for 7 days (holidays) with my wife. Everything about this hotel was just very good. We arrived a day late due to our transit flight being delayed. I promptly sent an email to the hotel explaining my late arrival and they immediately responded back explaining not to worry and that the room will still be reserved for me. However, I did have to pay for that night, Can't blame the hotel for this though. My first immediate reaction to this hotel was that it was "nice and cozy". The rooms are a bit small but they are very well maintained and absolutely clean and hygienic. The hotel's location is probably the highlight of this wonderful gem of a hotel. It's located in a very quiet location and is a 2 - 3 minute walk away from the Wettersteinplatz U-Bahn station, from where you can reach the central station in 5 - 10 minutes. We were also surprised find an Indian restaurant (Ghazal) in another 2 minute walk on the opposite side of the station. There's also a bakery which is another 2 - 3 minute walk away where you can hang out for a few condiments, etc. Having said all this, what REALLY stood out was the staff and their hospitality. Almost everyone speaks good English so there was no language barrier. They always smile and greet you when you make an eye-contact. Even the house keeping staff was super polite and spoke some English too! The breakfast was superb. Although the menu is quite similar each day, the variety still does change to an extent to experience something new each day. Everything about this hotel was just awesome! I'm definitely staying here again if I go back to Munich. I have already recommended this hotel to a friend who will be traveling to Munich later in the year.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple