“Oktoberfest”

Ranked #238 of 382 Hotels in Munich
Perth, Australia
“Oktoberfest”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Disappointing stay to end our Europe trip almost ruined our 10 year anniversary. We paid extra for a suite but it is not in the hotel you have to walk down the street and there are no lifts. Quiet end of Munich was safe enough but felt a bit isolated. Right near the metro station at least so that was very convenient to get to oktberfest. Room was spacious modern had just been renovated we were told clean enough but there was like building dust left on the floor and bed was comfortable. There were NO TOWELS when we asked they said they were short staffed and we would have to come back, not very friendly staff. There was NO WIFI which was disappointing if it wasnt Oktoberfest I would have looked for another HOTEL. There was no LAUNDRY MAT as advertised. We couldnt leave soon enough.

Room Tip: Find another HOTEL if you book well in advance for Oktoberfest.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 30sumthings

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I think it is the worst hotel I have ever seen, especially in Germany.

and I will not focus my review on the quality of the hotel (yes, sleep with the sink basin in the room at 30cm from the pillow is not the best ....) but on the impropriety of reception: first asking for 15 Euro for parking, you pay then they tell you that parking (pulling out a map) is located at a considerable distance from the hotel!

To my complaint I said I'd parked along the street and he was able to give me back the money because I paid with credit card.

Mattress broken, probably very old.

This for me is a way to cheat the customers, I was not ever a similar treatment, and the receptionist was also annoyed!

Absurd.

Also the price is too high for the actual value of the hotel which has a shower, sink and toilet in three separate compartments in your room (not in a small room separated).

A never meet again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Benevelli

Travelers are raving about these Munich hotels

Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We found all the receptionists to be very helpful & of course we appreciated that they could speak English. Our room was recently redone & had a modern look to it- it almost seemed like it wasn't finished yet. A few weird things with the room- there was no phone and the heat only comes on when it gets cold enough. Coming from Phoenix we thought it was plenty cold enough but we were fairly comfortable anyway. We did have the breakfast, it was good, plenty to choose from. It is close to a U Bahn station so that was nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Muscat
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I have almost completely forgotten this hotel and I stayed there just over a week ago.

However, I do remember it being of reasonable value for Munich and extremely close to an U-Bahn station.

The bed was comfortable as well, but otherwise, it’s an utterly forgettable and soulless place that should be considered only as somewhere for sleeping.

I’d love to say more, but I really can’t.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I was in Munich for 7 days (holidays) with my wife. Everything about this hotel was just very good. We arrived a day late due to our transit flight being delayed. I promptly sent an email to the hotel explaining my late arrival and they immediately responded back explaining not to worry and that the room will still be reserved for me. However, I did have to pay for that night, Can't blame the hotel for this though. My first immediate reaction to this hotel was that it was "nice and cozy". The rooms are a bit small but they are very well maintained and absolutely clean and hygienic. The hotel's location is probably the highlight of this wonderful gem of a hotel. It's located in a very quiet location and is a 2 - 3 minute walk away from the Wettersteinplatz U-Bahn station, from where you can reach the central station in 5 - 10 minutes. We were also surprised find an Indian restaurant (Ghazal) in another 2 minute walk on the opposite side of the station. There's also a bakery which is another 2 - 3 minute walk away where you can hang out for a few condiments, etc. Having said all this, what REALLY stood out was the staff and their hospitality. Almost everyone speaks good English so there was no language barrier. They always smile and greet you when you make an eye-contact. Even the house keeping staff was super polite and spoke some English too! The breakfast was superb. Although the menu is quite similar each day, the variety still does change to an extent to experience something new each day. Everything about this hotel was just awesome! I'm definitely staying here again if I go back to Munich. I have already recommended this hotel to a friend who will be traveling to Munich later in the year.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank unease_a
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 13, 2011

transport/lacale: 3min walk from the U1 train. (took 3 trains from the airport. saved what would have been $60 taxi fare); hotel on main street, not noisy at 10am hour.

reception: female (speaks german, some english) not friendly. not helpful.
[upon my inquiry: was told breakfast is cost of 10addtl/person (includes continental fare (lunch meats, cheeses, cereal, fruits), also had to go back to reception for free wi-fi password]
I would think all of this information would be given without having to ask.
printed pamphlets- all german (even the hotel brochure)
decor- modern, sleek, open, smoking allowed (and does infuse the reception area)
deluxe double room-adequate size relax area with couch and separate bedroom with tv and bed. bathroom clean and spacious. NO phone in room, not even for front desk.
-hallway- unlit (no light) until motion detected.

That's all for now. Will add details at the end of stay.
p.s.- booked trip on wwwbookingcom (priceline company usd pricing)

Room Tip: back rooms off the main street. although front room has lots of light.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank liberatedbytravel
New Delhi, India
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I stayed at the hotel with my family(mom, sister and wife) in 2 rooms in July for 2 nights. Our welcome was great and we were greeted by a very receptionist who helped us with the check-in and city info very politely. Were were given 2 rooms on the 2nd floor which were very clean and well kept. The toilets were also very clean and fresh. The hotel is not located near the city center, but is very conveniently connected to the city center by the U Bahn.

The room was cleaned on the second morning and they did a very good job with that as well. Our over all exp at the hotel was very pleasant and for the price it is a great bargain. I would highly recommend it for all kinds of travelers on a budget.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family