“Great Hotel”

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
There are newer reviews for Novotel Munich City

Reviewed December 17, 2013

We have just returned from our second stay at this hotel in Munich.
We chose to stay again following on from our good experience the first time two years ago. The hotel is conveniently situated almost next to the Rosenheimer Platz stop of the metro. You can pretty much jump on any train to get to the city and stop at Karlsplatz, Hauptbahnhof and Marienplatz. The S8 airport train also stops here and takes about 35 mins to get to the airport. To get to the hotel easily once you get off the train you need to follow the signs to the Gasteig and then once you come up the escalator follow the signs to Novotel and Holiday Inn. This takes you straight through a shopping centre to Hochstrasse which the Novotel is on. It is a 2 minute walk once you come out of the shopping centre past a petrol station to the hotel.
I booked this hotel using some of my Accor Hotels points and as a result we were given a complimentary welcome drink each which was a nice touch. The bar isn't the cheapest but the drinks are good quality and you get crisps and nuts!
Check in was quick and efficient although we did check in late, and we were given the option to have late check out to 5pm for free which was fantastic as our flight home wasn't until 9pm.
There are a few bars and restaurants around the hotel but we took the metro into town each evening as it really wasn't far at all. For me, it was definitely worth the extra 10 mins on the journey into town rather than spending a lot more on a more central hotel.
Room was well appointed with a separate toilet and fridge, safe and sofa bed. There was adequate storage and hanging and the bathroom had a bath as well as a shower and quite a good hairdryer. The bed was quite firm, but I prefer this. One thing I noticed from before is that there is a distinct lack of mirrors in the room, but this time I took my own small one with me.
Staff on reception and in the bars were very friendly and helpful.
Would definitely stay at this hotel again and would recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lou_Lou84
Reviewed November 30, 2013

The hotel was very clean and the staff all spoke a number of languages, the room were spacious and the breakfast was excellent, there were so many choices the fussiest eater would still come away full! There was not internet in the rooms which does annoy of hotels of this standard, there were two computers in the lobby area which people used, and you were able to log in for twenty minutes for free until your session ended, people did abuse this and would stay on for much longer. We didn't eat in the restaurant for lunch or dinner. There is underground parking which you have to pay for and is on a first come first serve basis, there is no booking available. There is a small swimming pool and wellness area, which was very clean but did get very busy late afternoon. You can walk so easily into town, it's a nice walk and lots to see, if back in Munich again I would return.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank sebax
H3280-DM, Manager at Novotel Munich City, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Family „Sebax“,

Thank you very much for the kind comment you wrote about your stay in our hotel. We are really happy that you enjoyed your time with us.

We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Very best regards,

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Anka834
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I used this hotel for a quick business stop-over. I didn't have the opportunity to explore all facilities of the hotel.
The room was fine and the attendance of staff was average to good. The breakfast service can definitely improve - I experienced a lack of attention and efficiency.
If you need a comfortable hotel that offers you the necessary for a good price, I definitely can recommend this City Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Innovator121
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed 4 nights in Novotel City in Munich. As always, there are good and bad things about this hotel - but all in all it is nice. Among good things, I could name its location - a short walk from the S-Bahn station as well as from the Deutsches Museum. The room was Ok - big eniough for a big city hotel, clean and functional. On the bad side I could name the WiFi and the breakfast (for 21 Euro you could have a much better breakfast in a coffe shop). But the most strange thing I met in this hotel is the fact that the main electricity socket turns off when the main light turns off, so I was not able to leave my laptop online overnight! I realize that this is about power saving and environment protection, but I think here they just stretched the limit...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Shuriki
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Ill start by saying that I work for an airline and as part of my job I stay at many different hotels in all parts of the world so I have used wifi at hundreds of hotels and this hotels wifi would have to be by far the worst I have ever seen.

The signal strength is at best poor and when it will actually let you connect to the wifi 5 minutes later it will log you off and get you to re-enter your password.

All of this and I wasn't even using the hotels free wifi service...I paid extra for the so called 'premium service'.

If you are going to stay here and need a reliable Internet service I would seriously look at staying elsewhere.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple