“Loved the Novotel Munich City Center- clean- modern hotel”

Novotel Munich City
Ranked #51 of 382 Hotels in Munich
Georgia
“Loved the Novotel Munich City Center- clean- modern hotel”
Reviewed December 30, 2007

My family of 4 stayed at the Novotel Munich City Center over Christmas 07. It is a newer hotel that is very modern and clean. The family room was a small, small room with 1 double bed and 1 double sofa bed. (they do not have rooms with 2 double beds)We spent the 1st night in this small room and asked if they had a larger room since we were staying 5 nights. Since it was over Christmas the hotel did have a larger business class room and happily moved us. This room was wonderful and made for a happy stay. The water closet is seperate from the sink, shower and tub- this was nice for a family getting ready in the morning.

The front desk staff was wonderful to us, they helped us make sight seeing plans- provide us with train times each day etc. They always had a smile on their faces when we passed by.

This hotel also has a small game type room for kids and free internet access on a computer in the hotel lobby. The hotel is near a small mall with 2 grocery stores, Subway restaurant, and drug store- the mall also has access to the subway which is 2 stops from the main city square and only 30 minutes from the airport. The hotel was a little hard to find from the subway when we first arrived- follow the signs for the Holiday Inn and you will find the Novotel next door. There is also a gas station next door for last minute water or snacks for your room. We ate breakfast 1 morning at the hotel, it is a little pricey at 17 euro per person- be sure that they do not add this charge to your stay upon check out... this seems to be a common practice.

My family really enjoyed Munich and the surrounding cities during our stay. The hotel was in a convenient location and very clean and nice.

• Liked — Clean modern hotel - great front desk help
  • Disliked — small rooms
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank Flying4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Reviewed November 13, 2007

We stayed here on the first and last day of a European tour. Rooms were very nice and top floor has ceiling skylights. Staff was very friendly, and the breakfast buffet was excellent.

Location is a bit away from the city center, but not that far of a walk. In addition, the S-bahn and the tram are within a block. Munich has an excellent public transportation system. Very nice parks within a short walk, as well as the Deutsche Museum.

Room style is very modern, which did not bother me, but mention it. Only downside was the view out of the window was of the incinerator, and the service entrance of the neighboring Holiday Inn.

As nice as this was, I would look on hotels.com or similar for a place closer to the city center. After our tour, we booked another hotel by the Hauptbahnhof for much cheaper.

• Stayed October 2007
london
Reviewed October 31, 2007

I went to munich in september 2007 and stayed at Novotel Munchen City for 2 nights. I booked the room through their website, it was prepaid, excluding breakfast. It was 253Euros for 2 nights, 3 person in a room.

The hotel was located near the metro station, but it's quite hidden. We arrived at night in Munich and it was raining, so we spent quite some time looking for it. But once we know our way, it took us less than 5 minutes walk to the hotel from the metro.

The receptionists were quite friendly and helpful. They spoke fluent english. We had our dinner at the restaurant in the hotel. It appeared to be quite empty that night, we were quite afraid that the food might not taste good. However, it was raining and we didn't want to get wet, so we decided to eat there. The food was lovely and the waitress was very friendly. The food wasn't very expensive (I had even more expensive food which didn't taste as good).

The only problem that I had with the hotel was the shower. The shower was strong enough, but the temperature of the water fluctuates. One second it's warm, and another second it turned as cold as ice.

We had the hotel to call us a taxi to get to the train station, and the taxi arrived really quick. Check-out was quick and without hassle. Overall, I would say this is a comfortable hotel to stay in.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank blythee
Weil am Rhein, Germany
Reviewed October 30, 2007

This hotel is a good base when staying in Munich - no matter if for business or for leisure. While not really in the centre, the hotel is well located. The nearby station "Rosenheimer Platz" is very well connected to about anywhere in town, the "Deutsches Museum" is just around the corner (5 mins) and it's a very pleasant walk over to the "Museumsinsel" (i.e. museum's island in the river "Isar"). To get to the heart of the town it's a 20 min. walk or just 2 stations by public transport.

The hotel itself is in a generally good and welcoming state. The room I stayed in was nicely decorated, well appointed, clean and very silent. The bedding and pillows however could have been warmer and more comfortable. Bath room was nice and functional.

Reception was ok. Cannot judge the food as I neither had breakfast nor any other meal.

Price of the hotel is reasonable for Munich and for what is offered.

• Liked — general state and disposition of the room
  • Disliked — uncomfortable pillows and flimsy bedding
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank cocos_knight
Dubai
Reviewed October 25, 2007

Dear Travellers,

This was a nice experience... the front desk was very helpfull,welcoming,cordial.... Rooms were very clean... Room space for more than sufficent for one... Breakfast buffet was awesome, delicious.... got a good deal at this place for around 110 euros per night....

It closest neighbour is the Holiday Inn.... also very convinent from the station....Rosenheimer Platz.....

I wopuld recommend it for people who would just like to spend time alone in a clean room...

BR
Charlton

• Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 7, 2007

My husband and I stayed at this hotel late August 2007. We booked on line and got a great deal. My one disappointment was that when I see "Munchen City" I think of the city centre - not so as a matter of fact neither is the Hilton Munchen City. They are close to each other. We walked a great deal and at a quick pace it is about 30 minutes to the city centre or 2 train stops away. One can also take the train to the airport - convenient and cost effective if you are travelling iight. Despite the little surprise of the location - the hotel is fine; the service good - rooms a fair size; breakfast was great. The shower is a bit of a nuisance - as hard as I tried - water still leaked out on the floor. All in all a good stay.

• Liked — Cleanliness and service
  • Disliked — Quiet neighborhood
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Amersfoort
Reviewed July 6, 2007

I booked this hotel about 4 weeks before staying there and since I had to chnage my reservation I thought it would be handy to check if everything was still ok on the day of my anticipated arrival. Ando so I called the hotel and the confirmed to me it was all set up and I need not be worried.

Untill I tried to check-in the same night: overbooked. There was no way they would let me have a room and they offered me a room next door in the Holiday Inn, which I did not accept. After half an hour the offered me the Hilton, and since I just wanted to go to sleep after a long day I accepted this offer.

The hotel is a nice play, trendy bar, good rooms, clean. So actually there's nothing wrong with it. But I just cannot see how it could be overbooked, even after me checking with the hotel personally only 5 hours before arriving. They have offered their sincere apologies, I was offered a free breakfast and an upgrade they day after, which is nice, but when you are told your room is no longer available, this is not what you are waiting for.

• Liked — Rooms and bar
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business