“Journey around the World”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of my Fable

my Fable
Ranked #41 of 85 Shopping in Munich
Munich, Germany
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Journey around the World”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

My Fable is a newly opened shop in Munich which invites all of its guest on a little journey around the world. You can find olive oil and wine from Italy, jewelry from Thailand, recycled fish/rice bags turned into trendy handbags from Cambodia, and many other neat things. While you browse around the shop, enjoy a nice cappuccino and sit in the window to take it all in. Lovely idea, great place to hang-out, and shop!

Visited September 2013

Shanghai, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A great place to get ideas in Munich!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

I came across My Fable on my way to Oktoberfest, which is only about 10 min's walk away. The shop is run by a very charming lady called Petra, a true Münchner who seems to have a broad knowledge about... everything! I went in for a coffee and landed up learning about Smart Communities and buying half the shop... :)

It's a kind of gift shop but different and more. You don't just get nice things here, you get ideas. They work with local artists and tinkerers as well as support social projects and promote cultural exchange. From hand-made puppets and toys from Titicaca/Peru and bags from Cambodia, through household items made by German handicapped craftsman and custom-made e-bikes by a Bavarian start-up, to Italian olive oils and wines and original paintings by local artists, and many other souvenirs - there's lots on offer at My Fable.

As their slogan says, "Everything tells a story", I'd recommend a visit and take your time to discover.

One more tip: try their coffee and snacks (two thumbs up for a chocolate delight called "Whoopie!", they're amazing!

Visited September 2013