“Tegernsee on Tal strasse”

Tegernseer Tal - Brauhaus
Ranked #298 of 3,767 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Munich, Germany
“Tegernsee on Tal strasse”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Was recommended this restaurant by a private tour guide I had for the day. He was spot on!

Seems full of locals, but it was no problem to get an English menu (which are printed into fascinating old German books)

I came as a complete suprise when my guide suggested I try the Burger they had (Rindsburger) but he was spot on again. The Spezial beer is superb.

• Visited January 2014

• Polish first
New York City, New York
“A Great Night”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Located on a lake in the alps, this spot is awesome! It is actually a local spot -- I was one of the few tourists there. My German friend who lives in tegernsee took me there and I stuck out like a sore thumb! All of these people are dressed in traditional attire and go here every night. They all know each other, it was special to be part of this atmosphere. Perhaps in the summer it is more touristy, but it was like a winter wonderland! We had a nice liter of beer and a pretzel. So delicious and cozy. It is also such a beautiful spot. Tegernsee is definitely a favorite of mine!!! Go here if you like beer and want to see a real local environment!

• Visited March 2013
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Our favourite bar restaurant in Munich”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled across this bar one lunchtime after walking around the Viktualienmarkt. Is is relatively new apparently having only opened in 2013. They have some tables outside, with lots more seating inside split into an informal bar type area at the front, and a more formal restaurant area at the back. The interior is lovely and light whilst feeling traditional. We sat in the front bar area (it was raining) at a table that looked out on the street allowing us to people watch whilst keeping warm and dry. The waiter was excellent, he was friendly, spoke good English and service was quick. We had a light lunch of bratwurst and beer; it was quick, good value for the city centre and my wife believes that it was the best sauerkraut we had in Germany. We went back again for a drink another day, had a different waiter but still great service. If you're looking for a break from city centre sightseeing and shopping, I would highly recommend this bar. The main meals also looked good, unfortunately we never made it for an evening meal to try for ourselves.

Visited September 2013