“Excellent fresh italian food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,872 of 3,469 Restaurants in Munich
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Waitstaff
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent fresh italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I went to casalingo one night dor dinner during my four night stay in Munich based on the reviews here as it was near where I was staying. Also, not being a huge fan of heavy Bavarian cuisine, I was craving fresh Italian food like I can get at home (melbourne au) which didn't cost a fortune. Casalingo was so good I returned for a late lunch. It is hidden away off sebastiansplatz but there are boards advertising its presence in the platz. Food and drinks came out quickly which is always good. I had the seafood pasta which appeared to be mainly pipis/clams and prawns, with some tomato, in a garlic and oil sauce, which was perfect. Good sized dish- not too big or small. Cost 9.20 - on par or a bit cheaper than i would pay at home for the same thing. Of course there is free bread as well to mop up the sauce. For lunch I had the salsiccia and Gorgonzola pizza which was fresh, huge and very satisfying. Also you get a free salad and reduced price on the pizza (7.50) at lunch. Staff were attentive, spoke mainly Italian and German and some English. A great experience.

• Visited August 2013