“An hour before MUC-LAX”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Up at 3:30 am for trip to airport in Genoa. Arrived MUC 8:00am. 3hour layover to long flight to LAX.

Airbrau looked great. Saw a friend had ordered Smoked Salmon and scrambled eggs, 7.3 Euros. which came with brown bread (which I requested). Delicious! With a cappucino 3.5 Euro.

I saved a roll and enough salmon for a mid flight snack, and the waitress brought me a nice take away bag.

Now Im ready for that long flight!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Delicious wurstsalat and beer, with fast, friendly service. The perfect way to cap off a trip to Munich. Reasonable prices too, especially compared to some of the other, overpriced spots in the terminal.

2  Thank McBragg
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Airports are not where you normally expect to find good food, drink and almosphere, but this place is the exception to the rule. I had their sliced duck washed down with the local brewed weissbier, followed by the curd strudel (better than the more well-known apple version.) I will definitely go back again.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Delicious beer and very good food. At first I thought that our Munich hosts were joking when they took us back to the airport to eat but it was a great idea.
Although very busy, the service was friendly and fast. The beer kept coming so we all enjoyed a good evening.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

The Airbrau at Munich airport is great. The beer is excellent and the food is good! The location could not be better. What I really enjoyed was the diversity of patrons seated around me at the counter. My favorite story from this trip was an elderly gentleman to my right, I assumed he was waiting for a flight. When we conversed, he assured me he was not! It seems that senior folks in Germany have free transport by the Db (trains) and he and his friends drink several times per week at Airbrau because the beer is great and it costs one Euro less than in the city of Munich! We in the USA are just so far behind! <grin>