“Great tour”

In Their Shoes Dachau Memorial Tours
Ranked #7 of 127 Tours in Munich
More attraction details
Owner description: In Their Shoes runs authorised tours of the Dachau Memorial and around Munich specialising in this particular dark period of German and European history. For several years we have had thousands of satisfied guests participate in one of our educational and historic tours. This authorised tour of the Dachau Memorial traces the history of the former concentration camp and offers insight into the reasons behind the injustices as well as the circumstances under which the victims suffered. Our professional English speaking guides are all accredited to conduct tours around the memorial site. Please visit our website for more information and booking online.
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I took a tour with James and it was a wonderful experience. He highlighted some facets of the concentration camp that I would not have thought of otherwise - such as the photos used for just propaganda purposes versus the true photos of the conditions in the camp. James had many interesting quotes to share as well. It was an unforgettable experience that went far beyond what an audio guide would do. I definitely recommend this tour. Good value too because it included transportation, which is expensive in Munich

There are newer reviews for In Their Shoes Dachau Memorial Tours

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We really appreciated this tour and Alun Evans made it so memorable. He was appropriately respectful and knowledgeable.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

"In Their Shoes" Dachau tour is a must for anybody traveling to Munich and surrounding areas. I was in Munich for Fruhlingsfest (Springfest) with a large group of friends. Needless to say, I was extremely happy that I took the time away from the beer gardens to tour Dachau with James. James was a great tour guide. He was informative, friendly, sensitive, and knew everything you'll ever want/need to know about Dachau. I would highly recommend a guided tour. It wouldn't have been the same experience just walking through by myself with an audio guide. Dachau was an amazing experience and something that I will never forget, providing thoughts and images that will forever be impressed upon me. I highly recommend "In Their Shoes" with James!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

James was an excellent guide and made the journey through Dachau enlightening. Yes, you could easily go on your own, read the signs, get the audio guide, but he provided that extra something that made the trip worthwhile. He provided thoughtful insights into the camp and those who walked through it, more historical background than provided in the exhibits, and answered so many of oour questions. I would highly recommend James and this tour!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I was very happy I got to go on this tour while visiting Munich. James was an awesome tour guide, very knowledgable about the camp and WWII, and the tour was very respectful toward those who lost their lives in Dachau. From a student's perspective, the tour was well priced.