“I love this hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Seoul, South Korea
“I love this hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed nh hotel in london in 2012, and had nice memory of this hotel; so that I don't have to hesitate to choose same nh hotel in Germany. Of course, it was perfact choice. I used train everyday, and this hotel is located where It need to be;) The only thing that I had to do was across the road in front of the hotel, and the main station is there.
The staffs of this hotel was really kind and helpful to me. Whenever I asked something, they answered with nice attitude. Especially the lady at the bar, I don't know her name, seemed to be happy to help me, when I asked whether I could take welcome drink away to my room. She accepter with lovely smile. I wanted to thank to her again,
The room was also great. I really don't like carpet because I have allergy, and their floor is not carpet. The overall design of the room was clean and modern. But, if you want to use sleepers or pots, you need to call to the reception. I like their breakfast too. They have really enough menu for me and taste was also good.
I and my mother think this hotel is the best one among the hotels we stayed in our travel.
I am glad to plan to choose nh hotels next time!

Room Tip: I chose deluxe room and think it was wonderful choice! It is enough big for two people who have many...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank MihoPark
Meeting-Gast, Manager at NH Muenchen Deutscher Kaiser, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Miho, and I love to read your very very nice comments about our hotel. Thank you for the compliments!!! Especially reading about the friendliness of the team makes me proud of. I will forward your review to all my colleagues as additional motivation. Dear Miho, thanks again for staying in our hotel and your lovely comments. Kind regards, Ralph Meyer - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chester, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

I was pretty disappointed with this property being that it was an NH. (Expected more) Pros and cons follow.

Pro. Location! Directly across the street from the central train station and close to shopping,etc. very nice breakfast.

Cons. Room was exceptionally small. No coffee/tea in the room. Ridiculously small shower. Not enough towels. No extra pillows or blankets. Noise level made it hard to sleep. No air conditioning. Rooms need a makeover desperately. Internet was very poor.

If you need a room for just one night it was fine but if staying more than that I would look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street facing the station.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank ATLBuckeyeGirl
Meeting-Gast, Manager at NH Muenchen Deutscher Kaiser, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear ATL BuckeyeGirl, first of all thanks for the nice comments on location and breakfast. You´re right, we are a good hotel but for being one of the best there will be some major investments in the near future. More rooms will have coffee & tea making facilities, internet bandwidth will increase, rain shower heads will be installed and extra pillows are already ordered. Furthermore brand-new flat screen TVs will be implemented. Air condition is in place but only in operation from a defined temperature on. Dear ATL BuckeyeGirl, thank you again for staying in and rating our hotel. We are looking forward to welcome you again and then convince you about our hotel. By then kind regards from Munich, Ralph / General Manager
Danville, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

This is the hotel if you only need to spend a night, sleep and catch a train or bus. The train station is just across the street and a main bus station, from where buses leave to various destinations in Europe. We had to catch an 8:00 DB Bahn Express IC bus to Prague at 8:00 AM. Checked into the hotel around 6:00 PM, had a quick dinner at the train station to get sleep.
The area is somewhat typical hotels around a train station, nothing spectacular, just your basic motel-6 type hotel. The hotel floor 13, where our room was smelly, it smell like someone was cooking or warming Indian food in the room, strong spicy smell. Mentioned to the front desk and they took a note of it.

The receptionist at the checkin was very helpful, and helped us connecting with the SIXT car rental company so we could return the car.

Room Tip: Only stay here if you have to catch a train or bus. Both stations are near by. The train station is...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear sbari00, thank you for staying in and reviewing our hotel. You´re right, our location is one of the main reasons why our guest are visiting us. But only one of several. Thank you furthermore for the positive rating of the helpfulness of our front office team. Regarding the smell of Indian food on the 13th floor I will double check immediately. Dear sbari00, many thanks again for your stay and your review. Hopefully see you next time in Munich. Kind regards Ralph Meyer – General Manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

friendly stuff, good breakfast (but i can say that is expensive). About the room: the internet is not so fast and the tv was not so clear. But the room was really clean even that you can see that is quite "old" ( the floor, the desks) But it doesn't matter, i lost my ring in my room, so i had to search everywhere (under the bed, under the desk, under the fridge and so on) i was good surprised: clean in every small place/corner from the room. I will recommend this.

Room Tip: the lifts were the disaster. But fortunately the hotel will be equipped with new ones.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank David D
Ralph_MeyerMUC, Manager at NH Muenchen Deutscher Kaiser, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Hello David,

first of all many thanks for your stay in our hotel, the NH Munich Deutscher Kaiser – and thank you for your review.

I am glad to read that you liked your stay in our hotel and I am happy that you haven’t lost your ring.

Especially reading your excellent rating of our friendliness and cleanliness makes me smile since these two issues are at least the most important in any hotel.

Please be furthermore informed that we will improve our internet connection within short term and that the hotel will be equipped with brand-new flat screen TVs also this year.

Dear David, once again many thanks for your stay and your review. Me and the team of the NH Munich Deutscher Kaiser are looking forward to be your host again in the future.

Kind regards from Munich

Ralph Meyer
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

Tripadvisor was the major reason we chose this property and we were not disappointed! An upper floor provided us an outstanding view and the clean, comfortable "standard" room was very adequate for all our luggage and the twin beds, etc. The upgraded bathroom, tho small, was complete in every respect and the ventilation system was amazing in such an old building.
The reception staff were extremely helpful with directions and wi-fi info.
The location was perfect for a 10 min walk to central downtown Marienplatz ( tourist )area, both S and U bahn stations within the hotel block and central station for out of town trains across the street. Also, two tour companies were close by for taking out of town day trips.

Room Tip: Request an upper floor for the view and they are more quiet.
2 Thank Mommacat2014
Riga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

Very good hotel just for staying over night. Good breakfast, clean room. Location is next to railwaystation, good for traveling, but also in the street might be different people. Staff is friedly and very helpfull.

Room Tip: Even if hotel is next to railway station, it is quite and not noisy.
2 Thank Dace G
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

I have just come back from staying in NH Munchen Deutscher Kaiser with 9 other males for a stage do. I was unsure what to expect but when we arrived, we all realised that the location was perfect (10 mins walk from any beer hall), the hotel more than suited our needs with the rooms being very clean and perfect for sharing, the reception always helping you no matter the problem. For a stag do this is a perfect hotel and I would strongly advise it to anyone as you have the space for numbers but the quietness to remove yourself from all the nightlife.

Room Tip: All rooms have a very good view of the city
1 Thank Alex R