“Excellent !”

Sofitel Munich Bayerpost
Ranked #24 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stayed here 3 nights for work earlier in the year, and excellent is the word I'll use. We were there for a work conference, so did not find the time to use most of the facilities, but the ones that we did use, were really really good. The meeting rooms, the food, check-in and check-out, the bar in the lobby, the rooms - everything was super about the hotel. Its right next to the Central Train station, so getting in from the Airport (which is about 40 mins train time away) is super easy. Also, the taxi stand as well as the S / U bahn stations are right here, so getting around town is a breeze.
Would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
HerrmannKatja, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for this great feedback. I hope to welcome you again soon and hope that you will have time to try all the facilities of our hotel.

Thank you for recommending us.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

This is my first experience with a Sofitel hotel. My overall experience was a bit disappointed or perhaps I just had my expectations too high. As a five star hotel, there are some basic amenities I expect even if this is Europe. There is no complimentary toothbrush and no hair conditioner. If this were a 3 star hotel, I get that. But a luxury hotel like Sofitel, I was surprised and gave it a frown. I am a platinum member of Le Club Accor but I wasn't quite treated like one. I don't mean I received poor service, but it's nothing special either. Again, for a luxury hotel, I'd expect much more sincere and friendly service. The room was decent but I find the bathroom too dark and tiny. I think I am entitled to a room upgrade based on my hotel membership status but it didn't seem like my room was an upgraded one. It's just a two night stay so I didn't bother to ask. I do appreciate the early check-in as my flight landed at 7am and my room was ready when I got there. All in all, it was an ok experience but really not quite five star service and nothing spectacular. I have stayed in a lot of hotels be it budget or high end since I travel a lot for work and leisure. This is definitely not the best or impressive service I have experienced.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Bonster001
HerrmannKatja, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Munich Bayerpost for your stay in Munich. It is our most important goal to offer each guest a most enjoyable stay marked by our high quality of service.

As LecLub platinum member you are also entitled to few a extra benefits like an upgrade if available upon check-in. We always do our best to offer all the benefits, however, the booking situation at times does not allow upgrades.

In case you ever miss anything in the equipment of your room, like the toothbrush or hairconditioner, please don't hesitate to call us. We are always gald to provide you with everything you might need.

I hope that we may welcome you again soon to prove that we can deliver the service you expect from us.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

This was my second stay at the hotel. I was on business and had no time to do anything other than sleep and have breakfast. I was not particularly impressed as I had a number of issues which could have been handled better.

Check in was efficient but not particularly welcoming. I specifically asked whether the room I had been allocated was a very quiet room and was told yes, absolutely. However when I got to the room it overlooked the railway tracks and also had an interconnecting door - not a good thing from past experience.

I had to rush out as I was late for a business dinner and mentioned the issue. The reception desk staff were not particularly apologetic and appeared to be almost irritated when I told them I had to go out now and had not left everything in my bag so would need to be moved on my return. I even got a little lecture about the level of noise from an interconnecting room depending on the guest!

On my return I did move room. The next room was less attractive than the first in that it was an internal room but it was quiet.

Next issue - the kettle didn't work. I called and it took around 15 minutes for someone to come by which stage I had managed to jiggle around the lead to get it to connect to the power and heat the water. I was promised a replacement lead. It did not turn up so after around 45 minutes when it was after midnight I gave up and put on the do not disturb on.

I tried to order breakfast on the phone and was told I should use the card hung on the door. I explained I wanted a la carte and was met with ok I will leave a note for the next shift and you should get your breakfast. I did get it but instead of orange juice was given grapefruit juice as they had run out of orange juice! Not great.

When asked on check out if everything was ok I explained the issues. I received an apology and was told they would make a note of my preference on a quiet room. An offer to refund the grapefruit juice would have been a more appropriate gesture. But there you go.

Whilst I do like converted buildings this hotel did not work for me - there were some odd and under utilised spaces which did not quite work. The lift lobbies are also very dark as if this is cool in some way. A large number of rooms face into a courtyard or have no external windows. Ok for an overnight stay but not if you are staying longer and want plenty of light.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank SuzanneShepherdess

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for leaving such a detailed comment on your stay at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost. It is great to hear that we could already welcome you twice. However, what you describe does clearly not reflect the service our five stars stand for.

I understand your disappointment at what happened and at how we addressed the issues you mentioned to us. This really could have been done better and I assure you that we will train our team again on a more guest oriented behaviour.

I hope that you will give us a chance to prove that we have improved our performance.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Great design with "Zen" effect - comfortable and tastefully designed rooms - nice staff - very good room service - excellent location near the Main Train Station and also closest to S-Bahn, tram-, bus- (both public and sightseeing) stops - a taxi stand is in front and the old city and shops are within comfortable walking distance. we did not regret our choice and shall return

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
HerrmannKatja, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear guests,

Thank you for recommending us. I am already looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

The room and hotel itself were fantastic and great location.
I enjoyed using the spa and gym which were beautiful and well equipped, i booked in advance to have a body wrap and then a couples massage later in the day. This was all booked according to my wishes but I was highly disappointed by the treatments and the staff who were in no way professional and seemed to be rushing, untrained and bored.
One staff member walked in on me getting on AND off the table without knocking, then walked in while I was showering after to give me my ring back... I understand that Germany is fairly liberal with nudity but I am a modest Brit who does not enjoy having somebody barge in on me showering!!! And surely knocking is a common courtesy. During the couples massage the two spa technicians were whispering to each other and giggling a lot. I was not offered any beverages upon arrival or leaving, then when It came to paying the staff member had to ask me to come behind the till to help her work the machine.
This is not what I expect from a 5 star hotel with such expensive treatments. I was not impressed at all and to be honest, did not feel like paying for such shoddy treatment.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost. I am very sorry to hear that the relaxation experience at our Spa was marred by unprofessional behaviour from our side. Please rest assured that we will take the appropiate measures to prevent something like this from happening again.

I hope that you will give us a second chance to prove that we are better than what you experienced.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We love to stay at Sofitel Munich. We are always satisfy with the overall service, clean rooms, great breakfast, outstanding personnel, very good location close to shops and restaurants.
Thank you and looking forward to visit you again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com

Dear guests,

It always a pleasure to welcome you at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost and I am already looking forward to having you here again.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

The location and star rating for this Hotel were the basis of our selection for this Hotel and it was a great choice for us. We took a Lufthansa shuttle from the airport directly to the main train station and quickly found our way to the Hotel by crossing through the station, easy and just a short walk. The Hotel lobby is modern and pretty to look at candles everywhere and interesting light effects. The two rooms for our family were ready right away and we enjoyed the interesting elevator ride( a scanner reads your key card and picks your floor). You must flash your card again to enter the room and then keep a card in a slot by the door for electricity. A very nice modern room many interesting lighting configurations and although the room overlooked a back lot/building it was quiet and peaceful, free bottled water, nice layout but really disliked the sliding glass door separating parts of the bath from the rest of the room. Sliding glass doors on the toilet and shower rooms and another separating the tub area (which had a window with a blind) from the bedroom. Every noise from the bathroom traveled to the bedroom area and it was not relaxing to have so little privacy, but we made do. On our third morning we had a water leak in the bathroom sink and we talked to the front desk who quickly changed our room. It was a pain to repack ourselves and I think a coupon for a drink at the bar would have been a nice way to say they were sorry for the inconvenience but this did not happen. Concierge was quite helpful in planning our day excursions to Salzburg and Dachau and we really loved having the train station at our door. Pool/gym looked great but did not try, breakfast was quite nice good selection of hot/cold but not as nice upstairs in a different dining room on Easter morning which was disappointing considering the day. All in all we enjoyed the experience of this Hotel and would definitely recommend primarily due to location and attentive service.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear guests,

Thank you for giving such a detailed feedback on your stay at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost. It is a pleasure to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. However, I am sorry that not everything met your expectations.

Of course, design is always a debatable topic and I thank you for your feedback which will help us for future renovation projects.

I also thank you for pointing out about the handling of the situation when you had to change rooms due to a technical problem. We will use your hint to further improve our service.

I understand your disappointment at breakfast on Easter morning being served in two parts of our restaurant due to the number of guests. We offer the same choice of food and drink on both floors. If there should ever be anything missing please let us know immediately. We will be glad to assist you.

Nevertheless, I am glad, that all in all, you had a pleasent stay at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost and thank you for recommending us. I hope that we may welcome you again soon.