Sofitel Munich Bayerpost
Ranked #24 of 389 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed March 14, 2013

It was my 4th visit . Everytime I return back I like it even more. I always reccomend it and of course I will come back again. Excellent service, excellent, reception staff, Excellent Breakfast staff, especially the girl at the entrance, Excellent and very helpful PR, Excellent Housekeeping. The Hotel has an Excellent Management !!! Continue like this.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Alexander_Moj, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear guest,

It is great to hear that you had such an excellent stay at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost. thank you very much for your loyalty and for recommending us.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,830)

Reviewed March 10, 2013

For the first time ever I am writing a review while staying at the hotel... The location of this hotel is great, right outside the main train station, with easy access to the subway, etc. Very convenient for sight seeing too - just an easy walk to Marienplaz. When we arrived, we were cheerfully told that we got upgraded to a junior suite. Very exciting in theory, only that, when we got to our room, we discovered it was taken over by a horrible sewage stench. We were too tired (and are only staying one night on our way back to the US) to ask for a different room. We did however call the reception to tell them about the smell. To our dismay, they were completely unphased and simply sent somebody up with a can of Febreeze - which he sprayed, but did not leave with us. This told us that they were aware of the issue and not surprised by the complaint. To add to all that, the hotel is not clean at all - neither our room nor the hallway to the elevator have been vacuumed in a long while. It is in fact scary to think of all the other horrible stuff not easy to see on the mixed color rugs and furniture. I did not expect a hotel with this reputation and price to be such a horrible experience. I am completely grossed out and can't wait to get out of here. So, beware, and if you have to stay at this hotel, make sure you do not accept room 817! On a more positive note, the concierge is awesome.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 817 and ask for a room with no sewage smell.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SoranaG
Alexander_Moj, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear guests,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience at Sofitel Munich
Bayerpost. We are grateful for any comments that show us where to improve. Certainly, the smell in your room is something that should not have happened. The same goes for our reaction to your call.

I understand that you did not want to move to another room, but we should have offered it since the smell, as you describe it, must have been unbearable. Spraying a bit of Febreeze was definitely not a solution and I completely understand your anger.

Please rest assured that we have discussed this matter with all the staff members involved. The smell itself was caused by a technical problem which we resolved immediately. Thank you very much for pointing it out to us.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Tastefully decorated and well equipped, this is a great base for a stay in Munich. Close to the train station and convenient for most facilities. Rooms have nice extra features, Nespresso coffee machine, iPod speakers, lovely shower room.
Would definitely recommend and return on a future visit to the city.

2  Thank welovetravel4
Alexander_Moj, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for recommending Sofitel Munich Bayerpost.

I hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The two level room was very nice, especially if I would have been with my wife. Unfortunately I was only there for a few hours on business. I will stay at the hotel again if I am ever in town. The breakfast was very good as well. Possibly a person making omelets would have been something nice.

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your visit, our rooms and breakfast buffet. Our brekfast cook is always glad to prepare any egg dishes, e.g. omelets, according to guest wishes directly at the buffet.

I hope that you will get a chance to visit Munich and the Sofitel Munich Bayerpost again to enjoy all our facilities - maybe for a weekend?

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Located just next to the Munich main train station, and within walking distance to Karlsplatz. Very convenient for sight seeing, shopping and eating out.They even let me checked in way before the official check in time, which is a plus for me & my old aged mother who had just had a long distance flight from Singapore.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Munich Bayerpost for your stay in Munich. It is our most important goal to make each guest's stay a comfortable one marked by our highest quality of service. I am glad that we were able to offer you an earlier check in.

I hope to welcome you and your mother again at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Perfect hotel to return to after a busy day.
Excellent food available and sensible prices.
Professional staff and short waiting times to gain assistance from them.
The "mood" scent around the reception area was a little overwhelming, but otherwise I'll be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Alexander_Moj, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for recommending us.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I liked the hotel and this my third visit.staff were NICE and cooperation . service was fantastic and the rooms are nice. my Bookings future will be in this hotel also h liked the security because it can not be anyone outside the hotel that uses the elevator.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mouza2244

Dear guest,

It was a pleasure to welcome you at Sofitel Munich Bayerpost already for the third time. Thank you for your continuous loyalty and for recommending us.