“Decent hotel”

Ranked #188 of 382 Hotels in Munich
Egchel, netherlands.
“Decent hotel”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Stayed there overnight recently. Rooms are very small. But clean.
However, it was 30degC outside, and the room had no air-conditioning. Hmmm. not really 2012.

Staff is helpful and friendly.
Long queue at check-out in the morning. [Same as during my previous stay in November 2011]
But a taxi-stand in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: It seems they have now some rooms with airco...maybe good to ask at reservation?
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Stefanie M, Manager at Rilano 24/7 Hotel Munich, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Rob H,

thank you for your feedback.

Yes, you are right - at the Rilano 24|7 Hotel München not all guest rooms are equipped with an air condition. But those rooms can of course be booked.

There are of course peak hours regarding the check out which we can not control.

All in all we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and are looking forward to welcoming you very soon in one of our Rilano Hotels & Resorts.

Your Rilano Hotels & Resorts Team!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Turkish first
Rho, Italy
Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for two days and the stay was not as confortable I would expect from a business hotel.
There are signs of refurbishment but some areas of the hotel still show some usage (bath room of room 1121, as an example). No minibar; a bottle of water that I found on the desk and which I tought was complimentary...2,50eur (it's not about the money).
I've been told be some collegues that some rooms are completely new in a new area of the building, but I didn't have any experience on that.
Air condition was not working properly and because of the 28o-temp outside, my room was hot (was on the highest floor).
No wifi from the 2nd floor, but where the signals arrives there is a free connection with a speed of 128kbps and a limit of 100 MB; higher speed or bigger traffic volumes are charged.
Good breakfast.
I would try a different hotel.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Dario77M,

thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry that your stay at the Rilano 24|7 Hotel München was not as comfortabel as you expected to be.

The Rilano 24|7 Hotel München is a 3-star hotel. The Building actually accommodates two hotels. The second one is a 4-star hotel which was built in 2010. All rooms of the 3-star hotel were renovated during 2011 and at the beginning of 2012.

You are right the guest rooms are not equipped with a minibar. But at the reception area you find a really nice and big fridge which offers a wide range of drinks and snacks - no traditional minibar could offer this huge choice of different products. Regarding the bottle of water in your room: Actually it was complimentary - sorry for this mistake

We are sorry that the air condition did not work - in those cases our reception team is happy to help our guests.

Regarding the Wifi: we are working on a proper solution. But in all rooms a LAN connection is available.

We are very sorry for any inconveniences we may have caused.

Brackley, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Stayed at the Rilano 24/7 in June for 4 nights, it was my first trip to Munich and I must say it was a pleasure to stay there. The staff were friendly and polite, even with my halting attempt to speak a little German! Even though it is not very close to the city centre it never took more than 15 minutes to get there, plus it was nice to walk off the evening meal!
Will stay there again and recommend it to others, thanks and well done.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear El_Mashi,

thank you for your positive feedback. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us!

You are completely right - the hotel is not located in the heart of Munich, but the city centre could be reached easily by public transport within 15 minutes.

We are looking forward to welcoming you very soon at one of our Rilano Hotels & Resorts.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Stayed here last November, as a cheap weekend in Munich. Good hotel, room was clean and although isn't in the centre it isnt far from the station and took about 15 minutes to Mariensplatz. It is also fairly well loacted for the Olympic village and Allianz Arena.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JmJ1988
Stefanie M, Manager at Rilano 24/7 Hotel Munich, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear JmJ,

thank you for your positive Feedback - we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Rilano 24|7 Hotel München. Yes, the hotel is very well located. Within 15 minutes the city center can be reached by public transport.

We are looking forward to welcoming you very soon in one of our Rilano Hotels & Resorts.

smyrnia
Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

the hotel is an average hotel but it was unbelievably expensive , 244€ per night w/out breakfast. We also paid 17€ for the breakfast. The location is 6 metro stops away to marienplatz and a few stops away to schwabing where you can find some fancy restaurants.

• Stayed May 2012
Stefanie M, Manager at Rilano 24/7 Hotel Munich, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear Future,

thank you for your feedback. I just checked the date of your stay - in Munich there was a trade fair and that´s the reason for the high room rate. Regarding the breakfast buffet: we offer a wide range of different food and beverages of high quality. For guests, who just would like to have a small breakfast our Coffee Fellows is the ideal choice. There you can buy a nice coffee, yoghurt, bagels, etc.

The position of teh Rilano 24|7 Hotel München and connection to the public transportation is very good - within 15 minutes you are in the city center.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I enjoyed my 5 night stay. The hotel is clean and quiet with a good restaurant. It's really a business hotel in outer Munich (but putting it in perspective the Allianz Arena is further out)
It's a good 10 minute walk to the closest subway and then 15 minutes into the city centre - easy in fine weather, not sure how I'd cope in the middle of winter. The neighbourhood is offices but right new doo is a small shopping centre with two supermarkets, chemist, bakery and bucher etc.
There's Italian and an Indian restaurants close by. Staff are helpful. Breakfast, which was included in my tariff is excellent. The rooms are cosy but tidy and clean. Three English speaking TV channels - all news.
I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor at the rear and had no issues with any road noise as some have encountered
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Bodogbodog
Stefanie M, Manager at Rilano 24/7 Hotel Munich, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Dear Bodogbodog,

thank you for your positive feedback. We are happy that you had a nice stay at the Rilano 24|7 Hotel München and that you enjoyed the services we offer. You are right - the next subway station is a 10-minutes walk from the hotel. But there is also tram station, which is very close to the hotel -it is a 5 minutes walk and a bus station is in front of the hotel. Having a shopping center next door is very convenient for our guests.

We are looking forward to welcoming you very soon in one of our Rilano Hotels & Resorts!

Bracknell
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I read the tripadvisor reviews before staying here and was expecting a bad experience. But there is nothing much wrong with this hotel! You have to ask yourself however why you are staying here because if you are a tourist you are just in the wrong place and not going to like it.

I stayed here for a three-day meeting at the multinational IT company right across the street. From office to hotel was a walk of about one minute so you can imagine that I found that very convenient. I suppose this gives a strong hint that the hotel is situated in an industrial park far out of town and if you are visiting Munich primarily so that you can visit the city centre you will be disappointed in the Rilano.

The hotel is not completely in the middle of nowhere and very close by there is a small shopping mall with a couple of supermarkets and some snack restaurants. I did not visit but my colleagues told me there was an Italian-style restaurant also within a few minutes' walk.

The hotel itself is quite a nice place to stay and everyone is friendly and polite. As commented by other reviewers the rooms are fairly small but certainly adequate for typical purpose of basically being in it for a while before sleeping. During my stay there was some engineering work in progress on my floor and I was quite surprised to be squeezing past busy Polish workmen all the time in the corridor stepping over the power tools but I could live with the experience OK.

I enjoyed the cleanliness and style of the rooms in fact; there are some stylish LED gooseneck spotlamps at each side of the bed and these were left powered on before I entered the room at night to give quite a "wow" feeling when opening the door. The general style is minimalist and clinical and you either like that or you don't but I thought it worked well.

I was astonished how CHEAP things were in Germany. As a UK guy who watches TV news about the super strength of the German economy I was expecting monster prices for everything but a large beer in the hotel bar cost less than in a UK pub. (Similarly the supermarket.)

I ate a few breakfasts and one evening meal in the hotel restaurant and agree with other reviewers that the food quality is not much good. To be fair though Germany has not really caught up with food expectations from international visitors and you just have to be prepared for that. I lost three pounds in weight during my stay which was a nice little bonus!

Wireless internet does kind of work in the lobby but not in the rooms. Also you are restricted to 100MB/day which is fine for trivia, catching up on your communications, but forget any entertainment streaming TV on your laptop or such.

So, overall, I liked it, but if you are visiting Munich as a tourist you won't.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ultrak3wl
Stefanie M, Manager at Rilano 24/7 Hotel Munich, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Dear ultrak3wl,

thank you very much for your positive and detailed feedback. You are right, the hotel is not located downtown, but with the public transportation the city centre can be reached within a few minutes.

In January we started to renovate 88 hotel rooms - we are very sorry for any inconvenience we might have caused. We are happy that the renovation process has been finished a few days ago. Now all our hotels rooms are new and stylish.

Thank you for the information concerning our food offer - some changes will be planned.

We would be happy to welcome you soon in one of our Rialno Hotels & Resorts.

Best wishes,

Your Rilano Hotels&Resorts Team!